Pressure washer - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pressure washer

Default Re: Pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    rmat, the laaities have the small Bennet Reed to wash the offroads with, after 2 years NO hassle, and it is dead quiet.

I recently (last weekend) bought the 2000 Watt Rockwell washer, sommer at the Kooperasie (VKB), if it lasts with a Vrystaat Boer it should do OK with me.
    VERY impressed, it has a 1 litre soap holder, and a very nice adjustable nozzle. I think 170l/minute - think so, just make sure.

Cost is around R 1800 - thereabouts.

But really, so far, VERY happy.

Also comes with a 1 Year no nonsense Guarantee.

I've also been using Rockwell's tyre inflators on the stand for over 2 years now, NO issues.
    mat sorry, its a RockWORTH, not Rockwell.

Just to add - if you adjust the nozzle to "sharp" spray, it also blows leaves 6/7 metres away, we found this out when cleaning the stand, and it works VERY well as a leaf blower, too, which was a huge added bonus. I guess all (most) of them will do this too, just thought to mention this.
    "Yes, I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three".........Mick Jagger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    I bet this was the plastic pump that burst, as I said the cheaper ones are crap, they have the plastic pump housing and it splits when the trigger is released and there is a sudden pressure increase.
    A mate of mine has cable tied the trigger open and it's lasting
    Another decent no frills machine is the Sthil for under R3000.......metal pump!!
    Got the Stihl RE90 on special last week for R2500 - brilliant, the rotary nozzle is very powerful - grouting watch out!!
    As I said - no frills - 5m power cable, 6m hose, two nozzles and detergent bottle which all clips/hangs on the unit - all the average use guy needs!!
    FJC - Just Cruising

If you had a choice between Stihl RE90 and Husqvsrna PW235 which one would you buy?

If you had a choice between Stihl RE90 and Husqvsrna PW 235 which one would you buy?

Had 3 Kärchers. Mobile one - no wheels - donated it to a friend who is crazy about keeping his vehicles clean. Upgraded to one with wheels - had to replace the nozzle extension once. Still have this one - have an extension hose made up by company specializing in hydraulic supplies. Had another one at beach house - was unfortunately stolen during house burglary. To the OP - as with many things - buy one where you can get decent after sales service? Replacing stuff, service, soaps, detergents, etc. If being used where electricity is a problem - the petrol-/diesel ones would be preferable. “Hard” water may also need to be looked at. I have a booster pump and filters, decalcifiers at water mains - water entering the machine is already at 6 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by rmat1985 View Post
    I have seen a Bennett Read model with 2000W motor and max pressure of 150 Bar.

Will this be an overkill in terms of capacity?

Any experience with the Bennet Read brand?

For the same money, I can get a Karcher K3 (1600W and 120 Bar) unit. The Bennet Read seems like decent machine with a lot of features compared to the Karcher.
    We have Bennet Read vacuum cleaner which has impressive specs on paper, but is a POS. I refuse to buy the brand again.
    Erin Bosch (082 342 1909)
    4xfagger no. GP0048

2007 Volkswagen T5 4Motion

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Imvubu For This Useful Post:

Those rotating (power) nozzles apparently also delaminates the sidewalls of a tire, apart from stripping the paint of your vehicle. No proof of this, but I won't take the chance since it may not be visible, but will bite you some time in the future.
    And don't accidentally spray your foot - that I have proof of.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Karcher. And there is a spares and support shop next to the old showgrounds.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

I used a karcher ,160 bar pressure cleaner on the farm for 5 years. It used to clean poultry houses 250m2 of concrete floor twice per week, 5hrs continuous use twice per week....

We used to pump industrial chemicals, chlorine and some others through it.

After 5 years I took it for a service, they replaced the seals and I sold it..

I have another 2, a 160 bar that is 10 years old, no issues, it's used once a week for 3 hrs.

I also have a k7, 200 bar() , used it once in 10 years, can't allow garden engineer to use it, it will strip paint off the car!

When looking at a pressure cleaner, it's not only the pressure you must consider , it's the water flow rate at that pressure...

Karchers are reliable, spares are easily available, they're light, easy to use and relatively inexpensive for a tool that last 10 yrs +.

I use mine to clean all the drains , piping from bathrooms every 6 months, there is an attachment for that.

Karcher all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post

I use mine to clean all the drains , piping from bathrooms every 6 months, there is an attachment for that.
    Please share! Septic tank plumbing is my biggest PITA.
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

I have a cheap @ss bosch kleintjie and Ive had it for more than 8 years allready. Still works but sometimes the little plunger gets stuck and wont let enough water through to activate the microswitch to turn on the motor.

Not using it a lot, but at some point I used it a lot to clean all the grime off my palisade concrete walls and that took two days of extensive use.
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)

Quote Originally Posted by Coenels View Post
    If you had a choice between Stihl RE90 and Husqvsrna PW 235 which one would you buy?
    The Husqvarna has a steel motor and a gimmicky hose reel.

Good steel pump but the hose reel causes the machine to fall over when you pull on the pressure hose (happens all the time)... just things to look out for...

Stihl looks all good, but make sure they are up to the job regarding duty cycle. Washing cars and bikes and patios will be good, but you may need some smoke breaks if you are wanting to clean a bigger area...
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Please share! Septic tank plumbing is my biggest PITA.
    It's for household pipe cleaning, I'm sure it's too small for a septic tank.

We used to get a company that came to clean out the septic tank annually, they had a sucking machine and a fat pipe..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have had a Karcher 720mx for over 20 years and although it can be temperamental it can still blast paint and plaster off walls with the rotary fitting. @150 bar it cleans varnish and dirt off garage doors with the fan nozzle. Great machine.
    Roberto Forbes
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.
    Sp Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    It's for household pipe cleaning, I'm sure it's too small for a septic tank.

We used to get a company that came to clean out the septic tank annually, they had a sucking machine and a fat pipe..
    yep the issue is between the house and the septic tank
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

I'm also in the market for one, mostly for cleaning large decks and walls and for car washing - have always thought the petrol ones were the way to go - I had a karcher a long time ago and it did not seem to be much better than a pressure nozzle on the hose pipe.

Anybody have experience with the Lutian range?

https://www.goscor-power-products.co...ssure-washers/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2