James Bond Wheels with 305/70/16s + Signature Edition

Default James Bond Wheels with 305/70/16s + Signature Edition

Our project, Red Lady Reloaded, is well under way. She is a single cabbed Discovery 1 on a 130 chassis with a solid walled electrically lifting camper body on the rear.

This is our very first video of this project which we have shared outside our group. So we thought we would start at the ground up.

305/70/16 KM3 BF Goodrich tyres on Weller Wheels Spectre 16x10 steelies. Weller are very famous in motorsport and they made the actual wheels for the movie.

To help it stand out, and to make up for the lack of white lettering on the KM3, we imported Signature Edition tirestickers from the USA to give it that motorsport finish.

I hope you enjoy the short video and feel free to subscribe to the channel if you want to see more as we unveil this world first Land Rover.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TireeTerror For This Useful Post:

Default Re: James Bond Wheels with 305/70/16s + Signature Edition

C'mon, don't just give us a teaser. WE WANT MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the rims
    Alan

Defender on Steroid's (Sadly sold)
    Previous: Pajero 3.5 V6 (Gas Guzzler)
    Series 3 109 SW (Tortoise)
    Platkar Ford Fiesta 1.6tdi (Swambo's present)

Interesting. I'm not sure I understand the value of non-beadlocking bead locks and stick on branding, but I suppose image is the thing on this build?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Interesting. I'm not sure I understand the value of non-beadlocking bead locks and stick on branding, but I suppose image is the thing on this build?
    Stick on branding is because it looks really cool and we love the look. Same for the beadlocks. Dont get me wrong, the beadlocks are heavy enough as they are genuine beadlocking rings, and of course provide no benefit and rotational weight is an important factor to consider. That was a call made purely on aesthetics and I knew there would be those, as there always is, who would criticise that decision. I'm not really bothered about that though, because looking amazing is actually very important to us and they look way better with the beadlocks and the coloured lettering than without.

I have always found it strange when people pretend that looking good is not something that should be considered in a build. I've seen lots of expensive builds that look hideous, Id not want them. With a Disco 1 front cab and a substantially wider rectangular box on the back, we need to do anything and everything to try and make it look better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Eveleigh View Post
    C'mon, don't just give us a teaser. WE WANT MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the rims
    Thanks Alan.

I have to release videos in a particular order. The build is not finished yet. The rear camper body is still being built and with Covid-19 restrictions, its near impossible to get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by TireeTerror View Post
    Stick on branding is because it looks really cool and we love the look. Same for the beadlocks. Dont get me wrong, the beadlocks are heavy enough as they are genuine beadlocking rings, and of course provide no benefit and rotational weight is an important factor to consider. That was a call made purely on aesthetics and I knew there would be those, as there always is, who would criticise that decision. I'm not really bothered about that though, because looking amazing is actually very important to us and they look way better with the beadlocks and the coloured lettering than without.

I have always found it strange when people pretend that looking good is not something that should be considered in a build. I've seen lots of expensive builds that look hideous, Id not want them. With a Disco 1 front cab and a substantially wider rectangular box on the back, we need to do anything and everything to try and make it look better overall.
    yes I have no issue with an image based build, as long as that is the focus

keep the thread updated with more videos, YT links if possible
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus