Any tricks to lube the clutch plate splines without taking out the gearbox? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Any tricks to lube the clutch plate splines without taking out the gearbox?

Take note of mullerza's comment that the spigot bearing has to be included in the refurbishment.
    Many forget that.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Default Re: Any tricks to lube the clutch plate splines without taking out the gearbox?

If the diaphragm in the pressure plate cracks, it also does this.

At the end of the day, it has to come out.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

i had an issue where i would find it difficult to get into gear when warm.

clutch took very close to the floor, so i adjusted it a little (at the pedal) and been fine ever since.

Any feed back, has the vehicle been stripped and rebuilt wrt sorting out the clutch
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Any feed back, has the vehicle been stripped and rebuilt wrt sorting out the clutch
    Under lockdown so I haven't been getting a chance to use the vehicle much but I flushed the fluid which didn't seem to help much, then I adjusted the clutch pedal to bite earlier/engage the clutch earlier and I'm assume push the clutch splines further and that had a small difference, now I can get into reverse easily now from cold but then it's difficult to get out of reverse when you want to change to 1st, the shifting is now marginally better when cold and it seems to ease up quicker.

So better but not solved.

An update, the clutch fluid flush and bite point adjustment didn't appear to make much immediate difference but a few weeks later and despite the very cold ambient temps we are currently experiencing changing gears from cold is now fine, easy and same as when warm.

I'm not sure what exactly helped, maybe the fresh fluid rejuvenated the seals in the system, took a few weeks to work and that was enough to get things back to operating at near enough to spec for the issue to be nullified.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and advice.
    Last edited by Skylark; 2020/06/14 at 01:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3