The Masticated Vellie, a CKGR, Makgadigadi, Nxai Pan, Nata report

Default The Masticated Vellie, a CKGR, Makgadigadi, Nxai Pan, Nata report

A very overdue trip report which lockdown has finally allowed me to finish after almost a year!

I had intended to include our travel times between places as this is something which was very difficult for us as newbies to figure out. However due to my exceptional turn around time I have completely forgotten this information!

I hope it will be entertaining for those reading it. As to the title ....you will have to read it and see
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Half-Pint For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The Masticated Vellie, a CKGR, Makgadigadi, Nxai Pan, Nata report

Thanks. Enjoyed reading.

Thanks for this report, enjoyed the read. Can relate to so many of your experiences and opinions.

"In nature, nothing is on order - appreciate what you do get to experience" - Myself
    Defender 90 TD5 - BL Boskriek
    Namibia Trip Report, Kaa Wilderness Trip Report, Wildcoast Trip Report, Botswana Trip Report, Kgalagadi Trip Report, Lesotho Trip Report

Thanks for sharing
    Tobie Oosthuizen
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 4X4
    RSI canopy & Frontrunner Slimline roofrack

Thank you all for the comments. An opinion which I did not voice in the report is that the concentration of elephants in South Camp whilst we were there seems to be a recipe for disaster. One must of course always be aware that one is in an unfenced camp but at some points it became virtually impossible to be in camp with elephants moving all over the place. I presume that this is due to the septic tanks providing another water source for the elephants?

Thanks for the detailed trip report. That leopard sighting at Sunday Pan waterhole, what a beauty.

Thanks for an entertaining trip report. You were very lucky with the honey badgers and leopards, and that elephant encounter was something else!
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

Great report, thanks for sharing!

Nice report, thanks for sharing... even though it has made more eager to get out of lockdown and on the road.

As for the encounter with elephants at Nxai, i think you handled it perfectly - you payed attention to the his behaviors and understood what to look for and how to react accordingly.

Also nice to see more younger generations taking on these types of holidays and sharing the experiences, not too many of us to take over from the well traveled and wiser folks on the forum.