Garmin Base Camp lost!

Unhappy Garmin Base Camp lost!

Maybe this problem had already been discussed here... However then: Sorry but will do it again!
    Recently my Windows 7 setup, which was working perfectly well up to that point; CRASHED! Lost all data on my main desktop PC - could not access it...Luckilly I still had a lot of the stuff on various External Hard drives etc... But recent things - Gone! I have two hard drives in my desktop PC, and my son disabled one while he installed Windows 10 for me on my new primary drive...but I am struggling to get Garmin installed and working once more...I can still see Garmin and T4A and Basecamp (on the old "W7"local disc: G), but it is just not running - can't get it to work...
    Tried transferring the program file from disc:G to Disc:C - but it did not work. I still cannot get Base Camp to work.. It tells me that I need to re-install it - did that...
    It downloaded and re-installed easily and without fuss on my laptop...which is running Windows 10...but I still cannot get it to work on my PC....After downloading and re-installing it still gives me the same error message on attempted start-up.....
    I have tried several ways on getting my Garmin up and running again on my desktop, all to no avail...Even downloaded everythhing from the beginning all to no avail...
    The only other thing I can think of is to once more do re-install just as if I had bought a completely new GPS...But I do not get any prompts when I connect my
    GPS to my desktop PC...AAARGGHHH! This is so frustrating...HEELLLPP!
    Step by step instruction might be what I need now...and I know I will need my password for Garmin AND T4A and I don't know it anymore!!!
    OK I know I am a dinosaur!
    Last edited by john_ysbeer; 2020/04/03 at 12:03 PM.
    John van Dyk
    Land Cruiser VX 4.7l V8 1999
    Mercedes Benz E 200K 2005 ma se ryding...niks meer besem nie!
    Kia Sportage 2007 2.0 CRDI -seun se ryding
    Kia Sportage 2012 2.0i AT - seun se ryding
    Noname Boswa
    Honda CRV 2005 -2.0i VTEC seun se ryding...verkoop

Default Re: Garmin Base Camp lost!

Basecamp 4.7.0 runs fine on my Win10 desktop PC.

What is the error message you are getting? This should give some clue as to why it is not installing.

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4

Is Basecamp 32 bit or 64 bit compatible? Have you tried running it in Win7 compatibility mode?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Is Basecamp 32 bit or 64 bit compatible? Have you tried running it in Win7 compatibility mode?
    I believe 64 bit...And the error message now simply reads that it is not responding...
    My Windows 7 is totally fried. Programs that I used while running windows 7 has become inaccessible unless I go through many hoops... Documents for instance is a big schlepp to open now...I need to retrieve it, restore it and then place it a new documents folder created in Windows 10.... This (crash)happened during the night when W7 lost support from Windows...(Methinks I got sabbotaged!)
    In the interim I reinstalled Garmin Express AND updated my GPS - which the PC now recognises...but still have not regained Basecamp with my installled maps and planning tools...maybe Support operates remotely....
    John van Dyk
    Noname Boswa

"It downloaded and re-installed easily and without fuss on my laptop...which is running Windows 10...but I still cannot get it to work on my PC....After downloading and re-installing it still gives me the same error message on attempted start-up....."

So your DESKTOP was Win7? And now Win 10? And you reinstalled Basecamp under Win 10? What is the error message?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    "It downloaded and re-installed easily and without fuss on my laptop...which is running Windows 10...but I still cannot get it to work on my PC....After downloading and re-installing it still gives me the same error message on attempted start-up....."

So your DESKTOP was Win7? And now Win 10? And you reinstalled Basecamp under Win 10? What is the error message?
    Yes it was windows 7...Now Windows 10...
    The error is Program is "Not Responding"...nothing else just that...I wonder if it is picking up another version of BaseCamp and they are 'fighting'?
    Should I uninstall the previous version of Base Camp...Mind you it did give me the same error before I downloaded the newer one as well...
    John van Dyk
    Noname Boswa

Yoh! OK Got it to work now...Why are kids always so clever where it concerns electronics?
    NOw the only remaining problem is getting T4A again installed on BaseCamp....I don't see how
    John van Dyk
    Noname Boswa

Sorted thank you! And really I figured out quite a lot of it for myself!
    John van Dyk
    Noname Boswa

Do share what you did please
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Actually quite easy: Since I had BaseCamp on my Windows 7 platform - rendered useless when it crashed -, I did a few things:
    1 Downloaded Garmin Express and updated my GPS - took about 5 minutes.
    2. With my son's guidance I went into Window Explorer via the Windows 10platform, found BaseCamp's previous software on the secondary hard drive, isolated the application/installation/exe.file file and ran it in Windows 10. This re-installed BaseCamp on my Windows 10 platform.
    3. Linked my GPS with the PC once again and installed maps - Southern Africa Street maps..latest version
    4. Then I took T4A's micro SD card out of the GPS and installed the maps on my PC once again. This installed it onto BaseCamp as well. For some reason I could not do it same way as BaseCamp was re-installed. I think the files to install onto PC is only on the SD Card and does not transfer to the package which is visible on the PC - therefor you need the SD card to do the re-install.

Well Maybe I went about this in the really long and difficult way, but it worked for me and I am happy!

I think I could not run compatiblity mode between Windows 10 and Windows 7 on account of my Windows 7 having died, and becoming corrupted/non-operational.
    John van Dyk
    Noname Boswa

11. The Following User Says Thank You to john_ysbeer For This Useful Post: