NL Solenoid

Thread: NL Solenoid

Default NL Solenoid

Hi guys

Looking for some advice on what to check, due to this lockdown my main battery has completely died to a point where I had to manually unlock the car. I then bypassed the solenoid system from the aux battery using the NL controller inside the car and got power back to the vehicle, yet when I tried to start it the engine turned once and then everything died! There are no lights burning on the board at the solenoid either. I have since replaced the main battery and the lights on the controller for the main battery are burning but still nothing for the aux battery or at the solenoid. I have checked all the fuses including all the vehicle fuses but can't see any problems.
    Not sure if the solenoid would have blown or if there is anything else I can check first while I wait for all the shops to start operating again. Everything else on the vehicle seems to be working normally.
    I have also removed the aux battery to charge fully again but not sure if this will make a difference as the solenoid seems dead.

Default Re: NL Solenoid

there is small fuse in in the cotroller with the solenoid, might be that one, you will feel the screws under the sticker, I just stuck a screwdriver through the stocker to remove the cover. I remember that i also had to replace my NL solenoid about 3 years ago due to it not working anymore, and that little fuse in the solenoid pops if you do not connect the wires in the correct sequence when you change batteries. I also have used the bypass to start my bakkie once or twice, due to dead main battery, but never had your post start symptoms hope you come right

Default Re: NL Solenoid

Thanks Renier, I have checked that fuse and it is still good. Have a feeling the solenoid has gone