Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters - Page 4





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oppierotse
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,782
    Thanked: 261

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugos View Post
    Dankie. Ou een terug en gap op 0.8 maar nog steeds. Petrol gedrain en nuwes in gegooi en nog dieselle.
    Kon jy bepaal of dit petrol of spark is wat die problem is?
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    55
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Try replacing the spark plug. I have had a similar problem on my Weedeater before.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Birchleigh
    Age
    61
    Posts
    88
    Thanked: 31

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggi View Post
    The torx motors are excellent and reasonable to maintain, I was just advised to stick to the bigger one the 200, and not the 140/160, 2 years old, starts first pull, and doesn’t miss a beat
    Have mine on a tandem ratel body.
    Ditto. Mine's new, and I'm happy to see good news about it.
    Skihili

    2019 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4 Auto
    Old school. I hate QL. . .

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skihili For This Useful Post:


  5. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    55
    Posts
    503
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    Kon jy bepaal of dit petrol of spark is wat die problem is?
    Daar is spark en skoon petrol. Soos genoem hy loop v so 15 minute en vrek dan. Ek wag dan v so 30 minute dan start hy weer en loop weer v so 15 minute en vrek weer. So iets word warm en dan stop hy.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    55
    Posts
    503
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by trevorf View Post
    Try replacing the spark plug. I have had a similar problem on my Weedeater before.
    Sir. Done that does not make a difference.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oppierotse
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,782
    Thanked: 261

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugos View Post
    Daar is spark en skoon petrol. Soos genoem hy loop v so 15 minute en vrek dan. Ek wag dan v so 30 minute dan start hy weer en loop weer v so 15 minute en vrek weer. So iets word warm en dan stop hy.
    My vermoede is dat die skroef wat jy gedraai het die petrol / lug mengsel verander het, en nou loop die engine lean wat baie hitte veroorsaak. Die hitte kan die sparkplug en/of coil se werking benadeel sodat daar wel spark is ,maar dit is te swak om die mengsel te verbrand.Sodra die engine afkoel werk hulle weer reg. As jy kan onthou hoeveel jy die skroef gedraai het, draai dan net weer terug.

    Die ander moontliheid is dat die petrol tank cap se breather geblok is. Dit verhoed dat die petrol uit die tenk uit loop na n ruk.
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    55
    Posts
    503
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    [QUOTE=wiel;4374523]My vermoede is dat die skroef wat jy gedraai het die petrol / lug mengsel verander het, en nou loop die engine lean wat baie hitte veroorsaak. Die hitte kan die sparkplug en/of coil se werking benadeel sodat daar wel spark is ,maar dit is te swak om die mengsel te verbrand.Sodra die engine afkoel werk hulle weer reg. As jy kan onthou hoeveel jy die skroef gedraai het, draai dan net weer terug.

    Die ander moontliheid is dat die petrol tank cap se breather geblok is. Dit verhoed dat die petrol uit die tenk uit loop na n ruk.[/QUOTE

    Baie dankie. Sal alles more check.

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    339
    Thanked: 82

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    [QUOTE=Hugos;4374560]
    Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    My vermoede is dat die skroef wat jy gedraai het die petrol / lug mengsel verander het, en nou loop die engine lean wat baie hitte veroorsaak. Die hitte kan die sparkplug en/of coil se werking benadeel sodat daar wel spark is ,maar dit is te swak om die mengsel te verbrand.Sodra die engine afkoel werk hulle weer reg. As jy kan onthou hoeveel jy die skroef gedraai het, draai dan net weer terug.

    Die ander moontliheid is dat die petrol tank cap se breather geblok is. Dit verhoed dat die petrol uit die tenk uit loop na n ruk.[/QUOTE

    Baie dankie. Sal alles more check.

    Ek stel ook voor dat die tent nie asemhaal nie, sny groter gaps in rubber in tenk se prop

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    George
    Age
    39
    Posts
    47
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Ok, bit of real-world feedback.

    Got the electric chainsaw and brush-cutter last week. They've been working hard, we are cleaning up. And I'm seriously impressed.

    As an example: We used the chainsaw the entire morning. Cut mostly dry wood, few big trees that fell over years ago were cut into peaces. It really worked hard non stop. By lunch the battery was not flat yet. We put it on the charger. After lunch it was fully charged. We used it again till 18:00, without it running out of juice. We never even used the second battery.

    The tools are manufactured in Germany and comes with a 5 year warranty. You do not find that every day.

    The batteries come with a 3 year warranty. I assume it based on amount of cycles the battery can do. But on average we do not use them every day, maybe once a week. So 3 year's amount of cycles should last us 15 years. And someone with a business that does use them every day, will still get more then their money back in 3 years with savings on fuel, oil and services.

    PS: The battery is 400wH, so even if we did not have solar, it would have cost us less than R1 for the morning's energy.
    Dirk Lombard
    Mercedes-Benz GL350cdi
    Mercedes-Benz Viano 3.0cdi

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirkL For This Useful Post:


  12. #70
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    37
    Posts
    619
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkL View Post
    Ok, bit of real-world feedback.

    Got the electric chainsaw and brush-cutter last week. They've been working hard, we are cleaning up. And I'm seriously impressed.

    As an example: We used the chainsaw the entire morning. Cut mostly dry wood, few big trees that fell over years ago were cut into peaces. It really worked hard non stop. By lunch the battery was not flat yet. We put it on the charger. After lunch it was fully charged. We used it again till 18:00, without it running out of juice. We never even used the second battery.

    The tools are manufactured in Germany and comes with a 5 year warranty. You do not find that every day.

    The batteries come with a 3 year warranty. I assume it based on amount of cycles the battery can do. But on average we do not use them every day, maybe once a week. So 3 year's amount of cycles should last us 15 years. And someone with a business that does use them every day, will still get more then their money back in 3 years with savings on fuel, oil and services.

    PS: The battery is 400wH, so even if we did not have solar, it would have cost us less than R1 for the morning's energy.
    Where did you buy? Wonder who sells them in Pta area.
    Hennie
    Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4
    Disclaimer: The views expressed by me in the above thread and replies are based on my personal experience and perceptions, which may be subjected to change from time to time.
    ORRA Call Sign B165

  13. #71
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanked: 3006

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkL View Post
    Ok, bit of real-world feedback.

    Got the electric chainsaw and brush-cutter last week. They've been working hard, we are cleaning up. And I'm seriously impressed.

    As an example: We used the chainsaw the entire morning. Cut mostly dry wood, few big trees that fell over years ago were cut into peaces. It really worked hard non stop. By lunch the battery was not flat yet. We put it on the charger. After lunch it was fully charged. We used it again till 18:00, without it running out of juice. We never even used the second battery.

    The tools are manufactured in Germany and comes with a 5 year warranty. You do not find that every day.

    The batteries come with a 3 year warranty. I assume it based on amount of cycles the battery can do. But on average we do not use them every day, maybe once a week. So 3 year's amount of cycles should last us 15 years. And someone with a business that does use them every day, will still get more then their money back in 3 years with savings on fuel, oil and services.

    PS: The battery is 400wH, so even if we did not have solar, it would have cost us less than R1 for the morning's energy.
    Please give details of the product(s) and prices.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  14. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    571
    Thanked: 252

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    He mentioned the product earlier. If it is the same brand it is:


    https://egopower.co.za/
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Please give details of the product(s) and prices.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:


  16. #73
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanked: 3006

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    He mentioned the product earlier. If it is the same brand it is:


    https://egopower.co.za/
    Thanks, but their website does not quote prices.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  17. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    George
    Age
    39
    Posts
    47
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Where did you buy? Wonder who sells them in Pta area.
    It is the EGO range. I bought from our local reseller in George. The website is https://egopower.co.za/ .

    They are imported by Smith Power: https://smithpower.co.za/

    All the product specs are on the website.
    Dirk Lombard
    Mercedes-Benz GL350cdi
    Mercedes-Benz Viano 3.0cdi

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkL For This Useful Post:


  19. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    George
    Age
    39
    Posts
    47
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Please give details of the product(s) and prices.
    Chainsaw : R2500
    Brush Cutter (incl nylon attachment) : R2750
    7.5Amp Battery (biggest one that can fit in these tools) : R3050
    Rapid Charger : R860

    Knowing now how long they last, I could have bought the standard charger and not the expensive rapid charger. Or just one battery, or smaller batteries.

    Regards
    Dirk Lombard
    Mercedes-Benz GL350cdi
    Mercedes-Benz Viano 3.0cdi

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkL For This Useful Post:


  21. #76
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanked: 3006

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkL View Post
    Chainsaw : R2500
    Brush Cutter (incl nylon attachment) : R2750
    7.5Amp Battery (biggest one that can fit in these tools) : R3050
    Rapid Charger : R860

    Knowing now how long they last, I could have bought the standard charger and not the expensive rapid charger. Or just one battery, or smaller batteries.

    Regards
    Thanks.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  22. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    George
    Age
    39
    Posts
    47
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Lawnmowers & Weed-eaters

    Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Thanks.
    Pleasure. Keep in mind you can buy the smaller batteries. Or if you buy more tools you can share. So cost does not have to be that high. And also over the lifetime of the tools I'm sure one would make your money back many times.

    Not to mention the convenience.

    PS: In all honesty, and I will probably be laughed at, but a big factor for me was the fact that I suspect we will have fuel shortages in the near future with the economy being down the drain and I do not want to be dependent on fuel.
    Dirk Lombard
    Mercedes-Benz GL350cdi
    Mercedes-Benz Viano 3.0cdi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •