2006 Hilux d/c 4x4

Default 2006 Hilux d/c 4x4

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so please help me. I bought a 2006 SRX Hilux two months ago, and i want to kit my bakkie. My bakkie is a blank canvas. One of my friends said that i have to fit a roof rack, extra fuel tank, suspension, canopy, and battery system first. What brands do i fit, and where.

Default Re: 2006 Hilux d/c 4x4

Someone once said that you build a 4x4 like you fill a pool, from the ground up.

I would start with decent tyres and suspension (keep in mind end weight) then underbody protection like rock sliders, bash plates and diff-guards. Take a few trips before going all out to see what set up would work for you and what type of travel you enjoy.

There is no one brand that is the best, look around and most times you will mix and match to get what you have in mind.
    Pieter Greyling
    ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!
    ORRA: Z85

-Land Rover Defender 110 Td5
    -BMW G650 xChallenge

Don't listen to your mates.

Don't buy anything until you've thought about what you want to do with the bakkie first.

Then get underneath it and think like a rock and see what you'd like to damage. That will help you think about bash plates.
    Think about how much you will carry, how far, for how long, and with how many people. That helps you to think about whether a standard D/C suspension that can handle 750kg is good enough.
    Drive it and see what mileage you get consistently. Then decide on long range tanks.

Going out and buying stuff means you can waste a lot of money and end up selling stuff you never needed in the first place.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Pieter. This makes a lot of sense. I do have some cash to burn after this Virus is gone. I want to start with my shopping list and hit the shops as soon as possible. I'm semi familiar with Old man Emu suspensions and African Outback roof racks. Which fitment centers stock these brands in Centurion/Midrand?