Service and warranties

Default Service and warranties

So my Pathy was due for its major service on the 26th of March. It's 1 year into its 2 year Motorite warranty. We can't travel outside of hotspot borders (I live in the Winelands which is one), so my only dealer option to service (if dealers open for service tomorrow) is the Stellenbosch Nissan dealer. The way their workshop looks - how does one put this politely - doesn't inspire confidence. Anybody have good experiences there? I have to decide between servicing myself, taking it to the Stellenbosch dealer or finding a Motorite-approved mechanic within the Winelands.

Default Re: Service and warranties

Major service completed at DTM Helderberg. Service person was professional and gave me a courtesy car for the day.

The service itself may have been competent but perhaps my experience of doing my own maintenance on other cars for some years may make me unnecessarily critical. Oil on the dipstick was black before I started up but the workshop manager assured me this is normal. I expected to see at least some gold colouring but I don't know diesels well enough to argue. Didn't enjoy an oil-smudged dipstick and slightly oily engine cover but the workshop manager said this is because the wash bay people aren't washing cars now. Fair enough but I felt like the mechanic could still wipe down the area where he spilt some oil. Eventually he asked someone to wipe it for me. The brake fluid was filled past the max mark to almost cap level so I'll syringe some out tomorrow.

I'll be doing my own services once the warranty runs out.
    Last edited by El 4 Romeo; 2020/06/02 at 09:36 PM.

Default Re: Service and warranties

Quote Originally Posted by El 4 Romeo View Post
    Major service completed at DTM Helderberg. Service person was professional and gave me a courtesy car for the day.

The service itself may have been competent but perhaps my experience of doing my own maintenance on other cars for some years may make me unnecessarily critical. Oil on the dipstick was black before I started up but the workshop manager assured me this is normal. I expected to see at least some gold colouring but I don't know diesels well enough to argue. Didn't enjoy an oil-smudged dipstick and slightly oily engine cover but the workshop manager said this is because the wash bay people aren't washing cars now. Fair enough but I felt like the mechanic could still wipe down the area where he spilt some oil. Eventually he asked someone to wipe it for me. The brake fluid was filled past the max mark to almost cap level so I'll syringe some out tomorrow.

I'll be doing my own services once the warranty runs out.
    i have moved a few years ago from purchasing parts at Group1, to DTM Helderberg - massive difference in service from the two places.

i'd also have questioned the cleanliness of the engine after work done - perhaps it is my OCD.

Brake fluid past max - laziness.
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to N0ddy For This Useful Post: