IPod Experts - Need help in reloading iPod Software

Default IPod Experts - Need help in reloading iPod Software

Hi, I have a 4GB IPod Nano 3rd Generation.

The unit is obviously old but functional, battery life good etc. I have a iTouch in my car and want to install this into SWAMBO's.

So when I try sync i get the following "Cannot sync ................. as the folder "Gamewallpapers" cannot be found". I have searched the net and cannot find where to create this folder and the correct place.

So then I though I would reload the iPod software which should restore all settings and folders. Downloaded the appropriate versions (i beli ve) but it does not recognise the iPod. Downloaded iPod Updater in version 2006-01-10 and 2006-06-28.

Help please

Default Re: IPod Experts - Need help in reloading iPod Software

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Hi, I have a 4GB IPod Nano 3rd Generation.

The unit is obviously old but functional, battery life good etc. I have a iTouch in my car and want to install this into SWAMBO's.

So when I try sync i get the following "Cannot sync ................. as the folder "Gamewallpapers" cannot be found". I have searched the net and cannot find where to create this folder and the correct place.

So then I though I would reload the iPod software which should restore all settings and folders. Downloaded the appropriate versions (i beli ve) but it does not recognise the iPod. Downloaded iPod Updater in version 2006-01-10 and 2006-06-28.

Help please
    Factory reset via itunes will solve your problem.
    Sent from my iPhone

Default Re: IPod Experts - Need help in reloading iPod Software

Well that was easy thanks.

Forgot about the sub-menu, done, now it will not give me the sync option in that sub-menu?

Sorted, awesome thanks. I seldom use I tunes and every time it is a mission.
    Last edited by Andrew Leigh; 2020/03/29 at 03:44 PM.