Plumbing advice

Thread: Plumbing advice

Default Plumbing advice

So I built some cabinets and am moving the washing machine, I need to get a drain sorted for it. Near where it will be installed there is a 110mm pipe from a toilet other side the wall, its an elbow going under the concrete floor with inspection and a 40mm vent pipe going up. Can I plumb my drain into the vent pipe provided I put a trap before I tap into the vent? or is it not legal to go into the vent pipe?

Default Re: Plumbing advice

Quote Originally Posted by martinlp View Post
    So I built some cabinets and am moving the washing machine, I need to get a drain sorted for it. Near where it will be installed there is a 110mm pipe from a toilet other side the wall, its an elbow going under the concrete floor with inspection and a 40mm vent pipe going up. Can I plumb my drain into the vent pipe provided I put a trap before I tap into the vent? or is it not legal to go into the vent pipe?
    Put your trap at the washing machine and plumb straight into vent pipe below the vent valve.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiceman For This Useful Post:

If I understand you correctly there should be no problem. Just dont forget to trap the washing machine for foul odour.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to plunger For This Useful Post:

thanks guys I think you understood me correctly, I was just a bit worried about the drain flowing into the vent pipe, but thinking more about it, I see that setup all the time in flats etc. Thanks again for confirmation, appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by martinlp View Post
    thanks guys I think you understood me correctly, I was just a bit worried about the drain flowing into the vent pipe, but thinking more about it, I see that setup all the time in flats etc. Thanks again for confirmation, appreciated!
    Only the part above the last junction is a vent pipe, if you cut in another T the vent part will just be shorter and the vertical stack will be a bit higher

Take note of the recommendations for the trap, it can be a stinky situation if you forget
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook