Sony xav-ax1000 Car stereo

Default Sony xav-ax1000 Car stereo

Good day,

I am looking at the option of installing a sony xav-ax1000 car stereo for the purpose of fitting a rear view camera, using the apple play navigation system and using the Bluetooth system for making calls.

Has some \one fitted this system? How is the quality of the Bluetooth/Hands free system when making calls?

Thanks in advance

Emile

Default Re: Sony xav-ax1000 Car stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Emile13 View Post
    Good day,

I am looking at the option of installing a sony xav-ax1000 car stereo for the purpose of fitting a rear view camera, using the apple play navigation system and using the Bluetooth system for making calls.

Has some \one fitted this system? How is the quality of the Bluetooth/Hands free system when making calls?

Thanks in advance

Emile

Good morning,

I recently put a Sony xav-ax5000 in my 2006 Pajero as well as a new speaker set. The 5000 has treated me absolutely wonderfully and I could not be more pleased with it. I never thought I would rely on apple CarPlay so much but after using it for about a month and a bit, I really love having it. Hands free calling works with apple car play as well so you won’t need to use Sony’s Bluetooth features although they work wonderfully. The differences between the 5000 and the 1000 are features and screen related things as far as I’m aware. Could be wrong though.

If you want to install yourself, I’ve heard it’s not difficult, however, if in the Midrand area I can’t recommend Woodmead sound and security enough. They are really excellent guys. They even went and fixed my plastic paneling around my door handle that wasn’t staying on. They definitely could have left it alone but they fixed it for me.

If you settle on the 1000 I hope it treats you as well as my 5000 has.

Nature,