I'm bored .......... - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: I'm bored ..........

Yet again - a little off topic, but maybe not so much.

Many ramifications to this situation that we find ourselves in - different for each and every one of us:

When you have three different tenants sharing your own urban residential property under THESE conditions, believe me there is no boredom.

We are all locked down together - not ideal of course, but no other options with leases in place, rentals all paid up to date, behavior within the norms, etc.
    So no way that I could (or would, under present circumstances), evict anyone for some infringement).

But a difficult situation nevertheless.

PROBLEM AREAS:

1.Increased risk of any one of these occupants (including either or both of the two of us) being "infected" either before or during lock-down.
    2.Trying to control entry to / from the communal property.
    3.Trying to get individual tenants to understand that although their home is here (as tenants) and as much as they have their own rights to their allotted space - they are jointly and
    severally responsible for such control.
    4.Today I had one unit allowing visitors into the property.
    Obviously and correctly - others protested.
    I approached said unit and advised that this was not acceptable to the others, nor ourselves.
    I was informed that the space rented is theirs and they can decide who visits or not !!!!
    The question was "Why are the other tenants objecting to us having visitors and parking within our own allotted area on the property and not causing any disturbance."

Now, in all fairness, I think that this could have been a case of ignorance regarding the very recently and suddenly announced regulations.

So I informed them (verbally) that what they have allowed is actually illegal under current regulations.

Good folk, This is in a middle class urban area.
    If these folk are not aware of the NEW reality or the dangers - What the H**l is happening in the informal areas as we speak ?

Anyway with some difficulty I managed to explain in a civil manner that there are new government access control regulations in place.

I am not sure that it was all fully understood (some language issues, misinterpretation getting in the way).

Anyway the visitor's immediately departed when I informed them that one of the other (un-named) tenants was about to call the police to resolve the impasse.

I now have two unhappy tenants for totally different reasons and with total misunderstanding from both sides.

Eish! I am the man in the middle.
    Anyway I do believe that there is now some better understanding.

So - no, NOT bored.
    Busy trying hard to keep the peace and the safety issues under control.

If you are bored, maybe you should be happy and just relax - enjoy the holiday ...
    I believe there some elements of our population who regard it as a chance to paaaardy !, - so let them go for it in their own space and take the consequences.

Am I stressed ?
    YES.
    Next question ? or let me just end this with the customary EISH !
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

Jelo I can't see your pictures. They apear to be broken.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

Seems to be the app
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiceman View Post
    Jelo I can't see your pictures. They apear to be broken.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

I need to paint the inside of my house and have all the material; I am not that bored yet.....
    Last edited by Errol; 2020/03/28 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    Yet again - a little off topic, but maybe not so much.

Many ramifications to this situation that we find ourselves in - different for each and every one of us:

When you have three different tenants sharing your own urban residential property under THESE conditions, believe me there is no boredom.

We are all locked down together - not ideal of course, but no other options with leases in place, rentals all paid up to date, behavior within the norms, etc.
    So no way that I could (or would, under present circumstances), evict anyone for some infringement).

But a difficult situation nevertheless.

PROBLEM AREAS:

1.Increased risk of any one of these occupants (including either or both of the two of us) being "infected" either before or during lock-down.
    2.Trying to control entry to / from the communal property.
    3.Trying to get individual tenants to understand that although their home is here (as tenants) and as much as they have their own rights to their allotted space - they are jointly and
    severally responsible for such control.
    4.Today I had one unit allowing visitors into the property.
    Obviously and correctly - others protested.
    I approached said unit and advised that this was not acceptable to the others, nor ourselves.
    I was informed that the space rented is theirs and they can decide who visits or not !!!!
    The question was "Why are the other tenants objecting to us having visitors and parking within our own allotted area on the property and not causing any disturbance."

Now, in all fairness, I think that this could have been a case of ignorance regarding the very recently and suddenly announced regulations.

So I informed them (verbally) that what they have allowed is actually illegal under current regulations.

Good folk, This is in a middle class urban area.
    If these folk are not aware of the NEW reality or the dangers - What the H**l is happening in the informal areas as we speak ?

Anyway with some difficulty I managed to explain in a civil manner that there are new government access control regulations in place.

I am not sure that it was all fully understood (some language issues, misinterpretation getting in the way).

Anyway the visitor's immediately departed when I informed them that one of the other (un-named) tenants was about to call the police to resolve the impasse.

I now have two unhappy tenants for totally different reasons and with total misunderstanding from both sides.

Eish! I am the man in the middle.
    Anyway I do believe that there is now some better understanding.

So - no, NOT bored.
    Busy trying hard to keep the peace and the safety issues under control.

If you are bored, maybe you should be happy and just relax - enjoy the holiday ...
    I believe there some elements of our population who regard it as a chance to paaaardy !, - so let them go for it in their own space and take the consequences.

Am I stressed ?
    YES.
    Next question ? or let me just end this with the customary EISH !
    Good luck Uncle Peter. I'm not the type of person for that type of situations.
    You might want to get the SAPS on speed dial.
    Sterkte.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

Quote Originally Posted by ghouwens View Post
    Milling machine is an oldish Arboga that I purchased cheap. Should have known that cheap meant there was catch, but that is water under the bridge. Machine was completely stripped down, cleaned up, resprayed and reassembled.

There was some runout on the spindle so had to strip that part down and get it machined elsewhere. It would appear, from the damage that only became apparent during the strip down, that the machine has at some stage in its life been either dropped during transport, or has fallen over.

It is a 380V 3 phase machine that was advertised as 220V single phase. Seller even powered it on (from normal 220V plug) to demonstrate that it ran. When I started stripping I found that the wiring had actually been butchered, and caps added to get it to run on single phase. I have now added a VFD, so motor is again running as 380V 3 phase, but from a 220V single phase source.

Will start a dedicated thread if anyone is interested.
    Arboga made some really serious heavy duty geared drilling machines and were of supurb quality.I would love to see some pics . What are you planning to do with it. ?Is it a hobby machine or a work machine that has to pay for itself>?

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    That's the problem. By about 14:00 yesterday, I've powered through more than half of the stuff I planned to do during the lock down.

I started by painting the plain white walls in the kitchen / scullery. SWAMBO is now not so sure about the colour, so project is on hold.

Attachment 563612

Attachment 563610

Attachment 563611
    Looks good. What colour/ code is it? I want something similar for the new study.
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by LandyLove View Post
    Looks good. What colour/ code is it? I want something similar for the new study.
    Plascon Black as Night.
    Current: 2013 Honda Insight Hybrid CVT
    Ex:
    2005 Volvo XC70 2.5T Geartronic

SWAMBO: 2011 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Geartronic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kix For This Useful Post:

Built a planter for vegetable garden Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200328_142449.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	563650
    Discovery 3 TDV6 S G4 No 29 - Mine
    Discovery 4 TDV6 SE - SWAMBO's

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabbiddog For This Useful Post:

Our washing machine just broke on the first load post lockdown, hopefully Google has all the answers.

Thursday completed my SIL's UPS and delivered.

Yesterday, continued with mt DIY workbench.
    Today, continued with my DIY workbench.
    Tomorrow, continue with my DIY workbench.
    Monday, continue...
    Tuesday, cont........
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    That's the problem. By about 14:00 yesterday, I've powered through more than half of the stuff I planned to do during the lock down.

I started by painting the plain white walls in the kitchen / scullery. SWAMBO is now not so sure about the colour, so project is on hold.

Attachment 563612

Attachment 563610

Attachment 563611
    That colour looks almost the same as this. It will work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1585403060986.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	563660

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Betta View Post
    Our washing machine just broke on the first load post lockdown, hopefully Google has all the answers.
    Opportunity to go naked for 3 weeks.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

That does suck man. My sisters fridge packed up a few days ago. The Samsung rep came out 3 days later and told them she needs a part from Joberg.
    I think they won't have that fridge serviceable for a good few weeks. Luckily they have a camping fridge and a small fridge/freezer in the garage. Still, terrible timing for you both.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewdjulyan For This Useful Post:

That sucks. My TV on the stoep by the braai broke....
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

My LG top loaders water pump packed up the day before lockdown.About 20 phone calls later and I had one on the way from Cape Town to Struisbaai.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    2000 Prado 90 KZTE SWB.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

Friday, with the second load, our Speedqueen started tripping the power. After fiddling for a while we figured out it works perfectly well on one of the other programs.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Opportunity to go naked for 3 weeks.
    We decided not to go to our holiday place and was hot/cold today in JHB. Better yesterday.

In any case we have 2 washing machines and 2 driers - safety in numbers.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Liar, a Speed Queen never breaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    Friday, with the second load, our Speedqueen started tripping the power. After fiddling for a while we figured out it works perfectly well on one of the other programs.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    A bit gatvol today.

My eldest son Jomar is 20 today, 8 blocks from me in a townhouse, and I cant go give the stoute bliksempie a hug............

While there are (lots) of people taking their maids in to town to clean up their houses......new Double Cabs, with the maid sitting in the canopy, people doing shopping , etc etc etc

We just CANNOT go to him, the risk is just too high. "We" being the whole familia, except my darling boy Jomar
    Dont worry I cant attend my sons ultra reduced in size wedding next week end in another town ..But we will celebrate later ...They have to so his Fiance can apply for a spousal Visa to return to Caymans with my son ..We are all in the same boat ..celebrate when this is over. The Dominee is marrying them at their lock down venue and we are devastaed not to be attending ..such is life
    Last edited by Peter Betts; 2020/03/28 at 06:23 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast