Cant get aftermarket radio to work on new dtec?

Default Cant get aftermarket radio to work on new dtec?

Ive bought a new 250 dtec in Jan. Single cab without factory radio.
    Problem is that we cant get the radio to work with reception once out of the city?
    Replaced radio twice, replaced antenna/aerial twice.

Guy at radio shop(pro-fitment Bloemfontein) reckon there is a “bubble” around Isuzus......?😩🤔🤔

Did any of you guy experience the same issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Default Re: Cant get aftermarket radio to work on new dtec?

When the antenna was replaced, did you also replace the cable from the antenna to the radio?
    2001 Defender 90 TD5

Yes

Hi I bought a D-max fleetside single cab last year, had a Isuzu aerial fitted by agents but not a radio, had a radio fitted this year, experiencing the same problem, radio works fine in town but as soon as Im on the farm signal is very poor, my double cab with the factory radio works fine, was told the Isuzu aerial has a signal booster in it, thats why it cost me R1800, my previous bakkie had a aftermarket cheepo aerial which performed poorly so when I bought my new bakkie I had their expensive aerial fitted but its no better, is there something we missing, I've never had problems in the past with the old conventional wire earial that was fitted on the fender, I have to manually tune my radio, auto search dosent pick any stations, got a decent sony radio on the bakkie

Still no solution for me either.

Will see what the end of lockdown will bring.
    I was thinking about buying the factory aerial, but since you arent having any joy with yours Im afraid thats not the answer.

Do you have tralies/rails on yours?

Guys, just a thought...

I bought a new NP200 without radio.
    The dealer fitted a, what seemed to be a really snazzy radio/cd with what also seemed to be equally impressive speakers. For which I paid for quite dearly I must admit.

From day 1, the radio ony picked up signal in towns and in open flat or high lying areas.....if I was lucky. This went on for 2 months until I stripped my moer and took out the whole lot one Sunday afternoon. Monday morning when the dealership opened, I was looking for the right person to stuff this whole lot of rubbish up their backsides!

They recognised my intent and sent me to the local independent audio/4x4 fitment centre in town where I could pick out a radio & speakers of my choice and have it fitted.
    On recommendation, they fitted a Pioneer system with matching speakers. This radio also included a handsfree function.
    Never again have I looked back. Everything works everywhere, anything and anyplace. Sound, reception, gadgets, operation, everything just perfect!

So what I am saying is......don't discount the probability that it could be a radio quality issue attributing to your problems.
    '13 Toyota Hilux 4x4 XCab

Metal, please read my first post.
    Radio replaced two times and antenna.
    no joy

Yes I have railings(trallies)on my bakkie, my first go big shape bakkie I fitted everything myself, a factory aerial and a aftermarked radio, a sony, all was perfect, the one thing I did find was when I fitted the radio there was a aerial wire in the dash but when I fitted the aerial I found that there was no wires in the roof lining, the aerial wire from the back of the radio only went as far as the right pillar, I then had to buy(from the agents ) the extension wire, cost me R150 for a meter piece of wire with the plugs(this was in 2008)then it worked fine, so possibly this could be our problem, going to strip my bakkie this wkd and check, will keep you posted.

Same problem I had the factory radio replaced and aerial and still terrible reception

Well Ive stripped all panels, all wires are connected, but my question is where is this signal booster, the Go-Big shape was in the b-stings base, will have to investigate further, going to check my D/cab to c if theres a difference.

I see there was a discussion in Sept 2019 headed FM AERIAL on this site, many people complaining about the Isuzu's aerial poor reception, chaps said their wives cars picked up the the radio perfectly, Im going to do a test, got one of those good old wip aerials that I had on my earlier Isuzu's, mount it on my railings and see how it performs, its just shocking knowing what I paid for my bee sting aerial, daylight robbery, these car manufacturers are such crooks, they fleece us loyal buyers on the extras,(R1800 for my bee-sting aerial, NEVER AGAIN!!!)

I had similar problem (KB72). The positive lead from the antennae booster was wired into the loom and when I connected the aftermarket radio the booster no longer was switched on when the radio was used. I had to use the amp signal wire to activate the booster as the radio had no antennae wire. ( The antennae wire is often only a pulsed positive as well so your antennae will work for a short while only)

yip as chris g stated

many new cars have an antenna amplifier on the loom and since it needs power when key is on you need to track the antenna amp in the harness and find out how to switch it on when the key is on or the radio is on

its pretty easy to solve if you know about

I have checked my wiring the power is connected, if I unplug the plug that goes into the harness the radio goes off the signal totally, so I guess the radio signal here in the eastern cape(radio Algoa) is not great, It used to be alot better or the aerials are worse, still want to try a whip aerial to see if its any better, have attached a pic of the little plug that gives power to the booster, these wires are at my feet behind the foot panel.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_134813.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	567165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_134522.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	567166