Metalian placed 8th in South Africa - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lightbulb Re: Metalian placed 8th in South Africa

Marketing is a biggie that's missing. Before the lockdown we came across a couple with an off-road trailer (from Pretoria, not even mentioned in the results) and they'd never heard of Metalian. After tour of our Maxi they regretted buying the one they have. Chap can't even lift his trailer coupler to hook up it is so badly designed.

I also think picture of Maxi used in the competition being towed by a platkar doesn't help the off-road image. PS: Pic and platkar are mine.
    Heinz Sir, if you want to sponsor a solid 2nd hand 4x4 Auto Amarok or Ranger with Metalian wrap etc, I'll be glad to dump the platkar and cruise SA advertising for you. No charge.

Name:  Metalian-Maxi.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  103.4 KB
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne
    Platkar: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T 110kW Multitronic

Swambo: 2014 Clio IV 0.9L 66kW Turbo Expression

Camper Trailer: Metalian Maxi (Pi) & 2010 Howling Moon TTT

Default Re: Metalian placed 8th in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    Marketing is a biggie that's missing. Before the lockdown we came across a couple with an off-road trailer (from Pretoria, not even mentioned in the results) and they'd never heard of Metalian. After tour of our Maxi they regretted buying the one they have. Chap can't even lift his trailer coupler to hook up it is so badly designed.

I also think picture of Maxi used in the competition being towed by a platkar doesn't help the off-road image. PS: Pic and platkar are mine.
    Heinz Sir, if you want to sponsor a solid 2nd hand 4x4 Auto Amarok or Ranger with Metalian wrap etc, I'll be glad to dump the platkar and cruise SA advertising for you. No charge.

Name:  Metalian-Maxi.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  103.4 KB
    As soon as I upgrade from my current ride, which is a Kawa KLR 650, I'll think about sponsoring you guys. For now I'm in "batten down the hatches and ride the storm" mode.

Thank you for your observations. I often come across persons that have not heard about the brand. I know the answer is to increase my price and spend it on promotion. But things are already so expensive.

I trust that as the trailers age over the coming years, they will underscore the brand value going forward with a good pedigree. This takes time and something that the best adspend cannot deliver.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

We recently did a school campout with my son’s grade 2 group. Quite a few people hired “fancy” trailers for the weekend. Our Maxi however attracted the most attention and we spent plenty time taking other parents and kids on a tour of the Maxi. It happens whenever and wherever we go camping.

I’d like to put a Metalian sticker (possibly include website) on the back of the Maxi and my tow vehicle.

@Heinz - you could possibly give business cards or brochures to existing Metalian owners that we could share with interested parties.
    Pete

Living the dream baby, living the dream......

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 3.8
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0 - SOLD

Heinz,

Just keep on pushing on. You have a brilliant product and lots of happy customers (read advocates for the brand). The fact that one battles to find second hand Metalians tells the story.
    2006 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland
    2008 BMW F800S

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bosuil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    I have met a lot of very happy Metalian clients!
    I am one of them!
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellie2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep dream View Post
    We recently did a school campout with my son’s grade 2 group. Quite a few people hired “fancy” trailers for the weekend. Our Maxi however attracted the most attention and we spent plenty time taking other parents and kids on a tour of the Maxi. It happens whenever and wherever we go camping.

I’d like to put a Metalian sticker (possibly include website) on the back of the Maxi and my tow vehicle.

@Heinz - you could possibly give business cards or brochures to existing Metalian owners that we could share with interested parties.
    I have had the same experience. There have been times when I literally had a queue of people outside my Maxi waiting to be shown around. Heinz, I proudly do this marketing on your behalf, knowing that I have the best trailer in SA!
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellie2 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2