Hi Everyone,
I am planning a trip to Botswana in May 2021 and would like some advice please. I will be driving my Disco4 towing an Afrispoor Cheetah off-road caravan. The other couple will have a hired 4X4 with RTT. We have traveled in Namibia & Botswana once only with the same setup in 2017 so limited experience. Essentially the trip will be a round trip stating and ending in Maun, although we will travel up from RSA (Underberg). The draft plan is:

Maun
Moremi South Gate - 3 nights
Xakanaxa - 5 nights
Savuti - 5 nights
Linyanti - ?
Ihaha - 5 nights
Hwange - 3 nights - Visit Vic Falls from here
Elephant Sands - 3 nights - visit Nata Bird Sanctuary from here
Kubu Island - 1 night
Nxai Pans - 4 Nights
Maun

I am looking for any advice on the following:

1. Is there any good reason to camp at 3rd Bridge en route to Xakanaxa? To me it seems better to go directly to Xakanaxa and spend the extra time there.
2. Is the drive from Xakanaxa to Savuti too long (hours) to do in one day. Should we break it at say Khwai or Mabebe. (Note: our friends are from Scotland and not really accustomed to long drives)
3. Linyanti. Is this worth fitting into the schedule? It seems the drive is difficult and maybe the area is similar to Ihaha?
4. Camping in Hwange and travel up to Vic Falls. Is this a good option or is it better to go from Kasane before we head south from Ihaha.
5. Nata Bird Sanctuary - is it worth a visit in late May.
6. Nxai Pans - literature seems to indicate they are worth a few days - any comments?
7. Savuti - which are the best camp sites ( I know that is a bit open ended)
8. Ihaha - same any advice on camp sites?
9. As a general question are our durations at the various campsites too long/too short. We can easily adjust

I understand bookings open in April (2020) so plan to start booking then.

Anything else?

My apologies for such a long and rambling post and questions