Kenya Border Crossing

Default Kenya Border Crossing

Hi Everyone,

We are crossing the border into Kenya from Tanzania tomorrow. We are currently in Arusha and will cross into Kenya at Namanga border crossing.

Are there special border conditions currently in effect due to Corona Virus in Kenya. I've heard that similar to SA, schools and other public institutions are closed.

Is there anything that I should know how Corona Virus has affected border crossing into Kenya.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Anwar

Default Re: Kenya Border Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Anwar Omar View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We are crossing the border into Kenya from Tanzania tomorrow. We are currently in Arusha and will cross into Kenya at Namanga border crossing.

Are there special border conditions currently in effect due to Corona Virus in Kenya. I've heard that similar to SA, schools and other public institutions are closed.

Is there anything that I should know how Corona Virus has affected border crossing into Kenya.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Anwar
    See this from the BBC News.

Kenya
    has also imposed sweeping travel restrictions, blocking entry to all travellers coming from countries with reported cases. On Sunday the government confirmed two more cases of coronavirus, taking the total number to three.

And this from the British FCO. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/kenya

Coronavirus: Kenya introduces tight restrictions https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-51917920

Anwar

Please let the forum know if you got into Kenya - and where/whether you are in quarantine/self-isolation/unable to travel onwards.

Otherwise, a short trip report/update would be very welcome on your travels to date. I hazard a guess that you are now stuck in Tanzania with the gates ahead and behind you closed. No doubt you will have plenty of time to write up something for the forum...

Keep well and safe.