Electric Fence Installers East Rand

Default Electric Fence Installers East Rand

Pretty much as stated.

Anyone care to recommend people they have used that have done a good job?
    Property is about R2550m2.

Thanks

Default Re: Electric Fence Installers East Rand

I've used Gido, properly installed and working fence.

I use APS (Advanced Perimeter Solutions) - their prices are VERY good, but service even better.
    John Chew : o825seven31o2o
    Mark Trollope
    Prado 120 V6, Fortuner V6, Hilux 2.7, Cruiser 80 EFi, Cruiser 75, Lexus RX350, Jaguar JAKI4

Thank you for the suggestions.

Have you found someone, as I have just had a long housing complex done and happy with my choice. with COC
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    Have you found someone, as I have just had a long housing complex done and happy with my choice. with COC
    Just gathering info so long. I'll send you a PM later if you don't mind.

Kalahari (Occasional visitor to Morningside)

How effective is electric fencing - thinking of doing it for the farm house but not sure if it is worth the capital outlay. I have heard guys saying that some of these okes just throw a blanket over it and climb through.
    Daily: 2010 MK6 GTI Tornado Red
    Occasional: 2014 Audi A8L V8 - The Boat
    Towing van: 2008 Touareg V10
    Hers: 2015 Honda Accord 3.5 Exclusive
    Farm car: 2013 Hilux V6 4.0 Heritage Edition
    Sold: 2007 MK5 GTI Tornado Red
    Stolen: 2015 Toyota Landcruiser V8 SC

Quote Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
    Just gathering info so long. I'll send you a PM later if you don't mind.

With pleasure.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mueneni View Post
    How effective is electric fencing - thinking of doing it for the farm house but not sure if it is worth the capital outlay. I have heard guys saying that some of these okes just throw a blanket over it and climb through.
    If they really just throw a blanket over it and climbs over or through, and no alarm is triggered, then it is a poor install that is not acting as a perimeter alarm. That is what an electric fence's main function is, to sound an alarm (so it needs to be linked to a siren or alarm panel) when cut or tampered with, secondary is physical deterrent.

It is tons more effective than a palisade/clearview/chain-link/welded-mesh/razor-mesh fence on it's own, which can just be cut without any real possibly of a problem being detected and warning being sounded. A clearview fence fronted and topped with electric fencing would be pretty secure, but in reality any fence/electric fence combo is more secure than whatever fence on it's own. Things like the correct use of earth loops also enhance the effectiveness. There are legitimate ways for a skilled and knowledgeable criminal to get past a properly installed one, but it still means it's not just some guy rocking up with a side cutter or crowbar and getting through.

Some of the benefits are that it is always on, even while you are busy in your yard, while yard alarm beams are off, while some negatives are maintenance, like cutting any approaching plant growth away, and false alarms that can happen (like a lizard dying on it),

But as always it is just one layer of what should be a comprehensive security plan, maybe a camouflaged 3G enabled trail cam, or 3, at strategic approaches to the farmstead. The perimeter fence/wall itself (and with discreet lights to show that any electric fence is working and has not been tampered with) and remote controlled gates (with gate surroundings well lit with LED floodlights for night time approach). Then there is the dogs/geese/whichever biological deterrents (bougainvillea plants planted at any climbable spots for example) and/or any yard alarm beams/sensors. Say the dogs don't come running to gate like always when you come home, something is then clearly very wrong and you should stay away and summon help. A well lit yard if you want, LED floodlights don't use much power, motion sensor LED floodlights also have their uses. CCTV cameras (they have built in IR lighting so can work for a dark yard if one prefers a dark yard) so you don't have to leave safety of house to see what is bothering the alert outside and/or inside dogs or what is triggering the fence or yard beams. A 1.5 meter gravel strip around building prevents the criminals from quietly crawling around the building as they have been seen to do on CCTV, so go under beams and below window sill, and thus alerts the dogs or anyone with decent hearing.
    Last edited by supersunbird; 2019/11/07 at 08:50 PM.

Kalahari (Occasional visitor to Morningside)

Thank you, this is very helpful. Much appreciated.
    Daily: 2010 MK6 GTI Tornado Red
    Occasional: 2014 Audi A8L V8 - The Boat
    Towing van: 2008 Touareg V10
    Hers: 2015 Honda Accord 3.5 Exclusive
    Farm car: 2013 Hilux V6 4.0 Heritage Edition
    Sold: 2007 MK5 GTI Tornado Red
    Stolen: 2015 Toyota Landcruiser V8 SC

A and J is also excellent with electric fence and door automation. Tom Slatter +27 83 254 0848

Quote Originally Posted by Mueneni View Post
    Have a look at this.

The patented Nemtek Dual Action Tension Sensor DATS3 can detect a change of tension in the fence wire.
    https://www.nemtek.co.za/HomeSecurit...tension-2.aspx
    Last edited by Flagster; 2019/11/22 at 10:18 AM.