Evoque Fuel Consumption





Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Question Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Hello all...

    I am sure this has come up before but I cant find any posts with much info... I am looking at purchasing an Evoque 2nd hand and am trying to work out if it is worth paying the premium for Diesel. If you have an Evoque, could you be so kind as to let me know if it is Petrol or Diesel, what year and what your average consumption is

    It would seem that the SD4 model is between 15 and 20% more expensive on a good day than an Si4

    Thanks in advance
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    Hello all...

    I am sure this has come up before but I cant find any posts with much info... I am looking at purchasing an Evoque 2nd hand and am trying to work out if it is worth paying the premium for Diesel. If you have an Evoque, could you be so kind as to let me know if it is Petrol or Diesel, what year and what your average consumption is

    It would seem that the SD4 model is between 15 and 20% more expensive on a good day than an Si4

    Thanks in advance
    The Si4 engine is not far off a V8 in fuel consumption. The SD4 diesel is about 9l/100km.
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to douglash For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    The Si4 engine is not far off a V8 in fuel consumption. The SD4 diesel is about 9l/100km.
    That is a little scary on the Si4.... On paper that are supposed to be very similar but I am getting quoted figures for 11 to 13 (petrol) vs 8 to 10 (Diesel) from the Dealers... Hence wanting to know what others get in the real world

    Thanks for you input, I am leaning towards a Diesel, have just been offered a great deal on a petrol that is making me wonder
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    That is a little scary on the Si4.... On paper that are supposed to be very similar but I am getting quoted figures for 11 to 13 (petrol) vs 8 to 10 (Diesel) from the Dealers... Hence wanting to know what others get in the real world

    Thanks for you input, I am leaning towards a Diesel, have just been offered a great deal on a petrol that is making me wonder
    The Si4 reports real world figures of about 12-14l/100km.

    The SD4 can get (with road tyres) as low as 7.5l/100km (7.2 if coming down from Jhb to Durban). This was in my previous freelander (2011) with the SD4. When I had a roofrack, mud tyres, 25mm body lift, remapped I was averaging about 9.5-10l/100km
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    The Si4 reports real world figures of about 12-14l/100km.

    The SD4 can get (with road tyres) as low as 7.5l/100km (7.2 if coming down from Jhb to Durban). This was in my previous freelander (2011) with the SD4. When I had a roofrack, mud tyres, 25mm body lift, remapped I was averaging about 9.5-10l/100km

    Thank you, that is very interesting... I am driving both back to back this morning and will reset the computer but it is alway hard to tell on a short test drive.

    Re the Freelander, my wife used to have an i6 and that averaged around 12 to 13l/100km but was one of the smoothest engines which made up for it.

    With Diesel being cheaper than petrol now days too, it is looking like an SD4 with normal milage is winning over an Si4 with very low milage

    Thanks again
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    57
    Posts
    265
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    2017 Nissan Qashqai

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by AwieT View Post

    Thank you, I have checked them out but I know from my own previous cars, especially SUVs are often very different (good and bad) to the averages on Fuelly
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    Thank you, that is very interesting... I am driving both back to back this morning and will reset the computer but it is alway hard to tell on a short test drive.

    Re the Freelander, my wife used to have an i6 and that averaged around 12 to 13l/100km but was one of the smoothest engines which made up for it.

    With Diesel being cheaper than petrol now days too, it is looking like an SD4 with normal milage is winning over an Si4 with very low milage

    Thanks again
    Which model Evoque? Honestly, I'd rather take a good facelift SD4 Freelander. Much more space and practicality.
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Which model Evoque? Honestly, I'd rather take a good facelift SD4 Freelander. Much more space and practicality.
    Had a Freelander, dont want another one... It was a great car but I dont need the space or practicality .

    Looking at a 2016 (Facelift) / 2017 HSE
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    Had a Freelander, dont want another one... It was a great car but I dont need the space or practicality .

    Looking at a 2016 (Facelift) / 2017 HSE
    Make sure you look for any TSBs that should be done while under the warranty.
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

  12. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Make sure you look for any TSBs that should be done while under the warranty.
    Any off hand that you know of...? I know the gearbox there was a recall but it seems to be limited to the Freelanders
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    Any off hand that you know of...? I know the gearbox there was a recall but it seems to be limited to the Freelanders
    On the 2019/2020 models there is a steering/suspension issue. Can't remember the details.

    Have a squizz here. Not sure if all legit though but no harm in asking.

    https://www.helpforcars.net/tsb/land...oque/2017.html

    Mods - should this move to the LR section?
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 22

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Evoque under the body is the same as the 2012/14 freelanders.
    Petrol Si4 are fairly scarce, don't think many people wanted them. Only thing to really worry about is the rear diff (oil level is low and caused failure if not regularly topped up.
    Haldex unit is not on Landrovers service schedule at all, so oil/filters has probably never been changed. Needs to be done at least every two years.

    Guess its going to get worse as the rand keeps going into darkness.
    Last edited by Landymac; 2020/03/13 at 04:28 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Landymac For This Useful Post:


  16. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    40
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    I have a 2011 Si4 Prestige. One of the first in the country. Originally bought it to sell it, but I fell in love.

    Yes, the fuel consumption isn't great. Infact, its pretty poor. But half the reason for that, is when you have, in that little body, 177KW under your right foot, you tend to enjoy using it.... a lot.

    Coming from a modified hilux for offroad work, I didn't know how I would satisfy my 4x4 addiction, so I slapped on a pair of Cooper off road tekkies to see what it could do, and since then, every time it really surprises people on trails. (Which is much fun in itself). It has an auto box, so you're never burning the clutch out, a hill hold function which is great for off road and wheels at each corner with good angles and clearance (for a soft roader.)

    Work out what the difference in consumption will cost you over the intended length of time you will have the car, and take it from there.
    I've driven the diesel, but its unenvolving, and plain Jane. The petrol, is like that crazy wild red headed Irish chick you wanted to date in high school

    Good luck with the choice !

  17. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,618
    Thanked: 1324

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    We had a 2018 diesel and loved it 9 l per 100km on average can be much lower on long distance trips.

    Did many trips with a 2.4 hilux the wl evoque and a 3.2 ranger and the evoque was lightest by a mile then hilux and then the ranger.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Cool Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    I have a 2011 Si4 Prestige. One of the first in the country. Originally bought it to sell it, but I fell in love.

    Yes, the fuel consumption isn't great. Infact, its pretty poor. But half the reason for that, is when you have, in that little body, 177KW under your right foot, you tend to enjoy using it.... a lot.
    So I took the Si4 for a drive yesterday and again this morning and there is no contest.. Petrol it has to be, especially considering I am coming from a Golf GTI

    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Work out what the difference in consumption will cost you over the intended length of time you will have the car, and take it from there.
    I've driven the diesel, but its unenvolving, and plain Jane. The petrol, is like that crazy wild red headed Irish chick you wanted to date in high school
    So drove both the Si4 and SD4 on a similar route and was rather surprised at just how much the Diesel does not like traffic.. The overall consumption difference was around 15% for my driving. Considering the more then R50k price hike and higher milage on the Diesels (generally), the consumption is just not worth worrying about - Until, I fill up for the first time and every time there after


    Thanks again to everyone for their input, I cant wait to take delivery later this coming week
    _______________________________________
    Retired: 07 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Retired: 07 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara (one of the last)
    Retired: 08 Land Rover Freelander 2 i6 HSE
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,190
    Thanked: 803

    Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    So I took the Si4 for a drive yesterday and again this morning and there is no contest.. Petrol it has to be, especially considering I am coming from a Golf GTI



    So drove both the Si4 and SD4 on a similar route and was rather surprised at just how much the Diesel does not like traffic.. The overall consumption difference was around 15% for my driving. Considering the more then R50k price hike and higher milage on the Diesels (generally), the consumption is just not worth worrying about - Until, I fill up for the first time and every time there after


    Thanks again to everyone for their input, I cant wait to take delivery later this coming week
    I upgraded from a Stage 2+ GTI6 to a Freelander 2. Initially yes, not the same, however, I did do a remap and when you know how to drive a diesel, you can make them GTi's think twice.

    Good like with the result either way.
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •