Evoque Fuel Consumption

Question Evoque Fuel Consumption

Hello all...

I am sure this has come up before but I cant find any posts with much info... I am looking at purchasing an Evoque 2nd hand and am trying to work out if it is worth paying the premium for Diesel. If you have an Evoque, could you be so kind as to let me know if it is Petrol or Diesel, what year and what your average consumption is

It would seem that the SD4 model is between 15 and 20% more expensive on a good day than an Si4

Thanks in advance
    Current: 14 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Dynamic

Default Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
    Hello all...

I am sure this has come up before but I cant find any posts with much info... I am looking at purchasing an Evoque 2nd hand and am trying to work out if it is worth paying the premium for Diesel. If you have an Evoque, could you be so kind as to let me know if it is Petrol or Diesel, what year and what your average consumption is

It would seem that the SD4 model is between 15 and 20% more expensive on a good day than an Si4

Thanks in advance
    The Si4 engine is not far off a V8 in fuel consumption. The SD4 diesel is about 9l/100km.
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2003 LR Discovery 2 Td5 ES - mods list to be updated [Husky]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to douglash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    The Si4 engine is not far off a V8 in fuel consumption. The SD4 diesel is about 9l/100km.
    That is a little scary on the Si4.... On paper that are supposed to be very similar but I am getting quoted figures for 11 to 13 (petrol) vs 8 to 10 (Diesel) from the Dealers... Hence wanting to know what others get in the real world

Thanks for you input, I am leaning towards a Diesel, have just been offered a great deal on a petrol that is making me wonder

That is a little scary on the Si4.... On paper that are supposed to be very similar but I am getting quoted figures for 11 to 13 (petrol) vs 8 to 10 (Diesel) from the Dealers... Hence wanting to know what others get in the real world

Thanks for you input, I am leaning towards a Diesel, have just been offered a great deal on a petrol that is making me wonder
    The Si4 reports real world figures of about 12-14l/100km.

The SD4 can get (with road tyres) as low as 7.5l/100km (7.2 if coming down from Jhb to Durban). This was in my previous freelander (2011) with the SD4. When I had a roofrack, mud tyres, 25mm body lift, remapped I was averaging about 9.5-10l/100km
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. [GoldiloX]
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu] - SOLD

The Si4 reports real world figures of about 12-14l/100km.

The SD4 can get (with road tyres) as low as 7.5l/100km (7.2 if coming down from Jhb to Durban). This was in my previous freelander (2011) with the SD4. When I had a roofrack, mud tyres, 25mm body lift, remapped I was averaging about 9.5-10l/100km

Thank you, that is very interesting... I am driving both back to back this morning and will reset the computer but it is alway hard to tell on a short test drive.

Re the Freelander, my wife used to have an i6 and that averaged around 12 to 13l/100km but was one of the smoothest engines which made up for it.

With Diesel being cheaper than petrol now days too, it is looking like an SD4 with normal milage is winning over an Si4 with very low milage

Thanks again

2017 Nissan Qashqai

Quote Originally Posted by AwieT View Post

Thank you, I have checked them out but I know from my own previous cars, especially SUVs are often very different (good and bad) to the averages on Fuelly

Thank you, that is very interesting... I am driving both back to back this morning and will reset the computer but it is alway hard to tell on a short test drive.

Re the Freelander, my wife used to have an i6 and that averaged around 12 to 13l/100km but was one of the smoothest engines which made up for it.

With Diesel being cheaper than petrol now days too, it is looking like an SD4 with normal milage is winning over an Si4 with very low milage

Thanks again
    Which model Evoque? Honestly, I'd rather take a good facelift SD4 Freelander. Much more space and practicality.

Which model Evoque? Honestly, I'd rather take a good facelift SD4 Freelander. Much more space and practicality.
    Had a Freelander, dont want another one... It was a great car but I dont need the space or practicality .

Looking at a 2016 (Facelift) / 2017 HSE

Had a Freelander, dont want another one... It was a great car but I dont need the space or practicality .

Looking at a 2016 (Facelift) / 2017 HSE
    Make sure you look for any TSBs that should be done while under the warranty.

Make sure you look for any TSBs that should be done while under the warranty.
    Any off hand that you know of...? I know the gearbox there was a recall but it seems to be limited to the Freelanders

Any off hand that you know of...? I know the gearbox there was a recall but it seems to be limited to the Freelanders
    On the 2019/2020 models there is a steering/suspension issue. Can't remember the details.

Have a squizz here. Not sure if all legit though but no harm in asking.

https://www.helpforcars.net/tsb/land...oque/2017.html

Mods - should this move to the LR section?

Evoque under the body is the same as the 2012/14 freelanders.
    Petrol Si4 are fairly scarce, don't think many people wanted them. Only thing to really worry about is the rear diff (oil level is low and caused failure if not regularly topped up.
    Haldex unit is not on Landrovers service schedule at all, so oil/filters has probably never been changed. Needs to be done at least every two years.

Guess its going to get worse as the rand keeps going into darkness.
    Last edited by Landymac; 2020/03/13 at 04:28 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Landymac For This Useful Post:

I have a 2011 Si4 Prestige. One of the first in the country. Originally bought it to sell it, but I fell in love.

Yes, the fuel consumption isn't great. Infact, its pretty poor. But half the reason for that, is when you have, in that little body, 177KW under your right foot, you tend to enjoy using it.... a lot.

Coming from a modified hilux for offroad work, I didn't know how I would satisfy my 4x4 addiction, so I slapped on a pair of Cooper off road tekkies to see what it could do, and since then, every time it really surprises people on trails. (Which is much fun in itself). It has an auto box, so you're never burning the clutch out, a hill hold function which is great for off road and wheels at each corner with good angles and clearance (for a soft roader.)

Work out what the difference in consumption will cost you over the intended length of time you will have the car, and take it from there.
    I've driven the diesel, but its unenvolving, and plain Jane. The petrol, is like that crazy wild red headed Irish chick you wanted to date in high school

Good luck with the choice !

We had a 2018 diesel and loved it 9 l per 100km on average can be much lower on long distance trips.

Did many trips with a 2.4 hilux the wl evoque and a 3.2 ranger and the evoque was lightest by a mile then hilux and then the ranger.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

Cool Re: Evoque Fuel Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    I have a 2011 Si4 Prestige. One of the first in the country. Originally bought it to sell it, but I fell in love.

Yes, the fuel consumption isn't great. Infact, its pretty poor. But half the reason for that, is when you have, in that little body, 177KW under your right foot, you tend to enjoy using it.... a lot.
    So I took the Si4 for a drive yesterday and again this morning and there is no contest.. Petrol it has to be, especially considering I am coming from a Golf GTI

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Work out what the difference in consumption will cost you over the intended length of time you will have the car, and take it from there.
    I've driven the diesel, but its unenvolving, and plain Jane. The petrol, is like that crazy wild red headed Irish chick you wanted to date in high school
    So drove both the Si4 and SD4 on a similar route and was rather surprised at just how much the Diesel does not like traffic.. The overall consumption difference was around 15% for my driving. Considering the more then R50k price hike and higher milage on the Diesels (generally), the consumption is just not worth worrying about - Until, I fill up for the first time and every time there after

Thanks again to everyone for their input, I cant wait to take delivery later this coming week

So I took the Si4 for a drive yesterday and again this morning and there is no contest.. Petrol it has to be, especially considering I am coming from a Golf GTI

So drove both the Si4 and SD4 on a similar route and was rather surprised at just how much the Diesel does not like traffic.. The overall consumption difference was around 15% for my driving. Considering the more then R50k price hike and higher milage on the Diesels (generally), the consumption is just not worth worrying about - Until, I fill up for the first time and every time there after

Thanks again to everyone for their input, I cant wait to take delivery later this coming week
    I upgraded from a Stage 2+ GTI6 to a Freelander 2. Initially yes, not the same, however, I did do a remap and when you know how to drive a diesel, you can make them GTi's think twice.

Good like with the result either way.