HAM radio licence renwal

Default HAM radio licence renewal

I am trying to renew my licence since February, sent all my documents (Form B2, current licence and proof of payment) to Kenneth <[email protected]>, [email protected] and Dewald <[email protected]>, but do not get any response from any of them.

Who else can I contact to get my licence renewed?
    Last edited by JDeV; 2020/03/12 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    "We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
    Oliver Wendall Holmes

Johan (ZS1JV, M0ZJV)
    2015 JK CRD

Default Re: HAM radio licence renewal

Quote Originally Posted by JDeV View Post
    I am trying to renew my licence since February, sent all my documents (Form B2, current licence and proof of payment) to Kenneth <[email protected]>, [email protected] and Dewald <[email protected]>, but do not get any response from any of them.

Who else can I contact to get my licence renewed?
    Iv'e been trying for three years.

Try asking for help at SARL.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: HAM radio licence renwal

They are currently battling with system issues, and as of Friday last week had not issued any renewal invoices yet. I am also waiting. I will make contact again with them to find out if there had been progress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post:

I paid myne late last year after also battling.

now when I emailed them this year as I need a invoice I am told my Ham License has been cancelled for non/late payment.

To say I am pissed is a under statement of note......

how the hell does one sort this out when there is always some asort of issue or excuse.....

mossie

Hi Mossie, could you get your licence sorted with ICASA?
    Daniel Swart
    Honorary Ranger: Augrabies & Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.

HAM Radio ZS3DS
    ORRA: AG1
    2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7HO V8
    1997 BMW 540i

Lightbulb Re: HAM radio licence renwal

Hi Chuck

Yes and No.

So the moneys I paid last year on that License number for my call sign is somewhere in the system but because of late payment that license was canceled by ICASA.

I had to apply for a new license and pay R140 and then they helped me by allocating my call sign to the new license number.

Then I had to pay licensing fees for the new license and I opted for the 5 year license so this issue will only need attention in 5 years time but got the invoice for the fees and it is R642.

I need to pay this at the post office but they are closed so making headway with this is a big pain.....

Regards
    Mossie

Default Re: HAM radio licence renewal

Icasa has a moratorium on licence fees for 2020-2021, see attachment.

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4

I still haven't even received my renewal invoice for 2019 in the mail, so don't wait for that.

I paid for a 5 year license March 2019 but never even received a 1 year license like many others.

Towards the end of last year I got reminded of the ICASA online system again and thought to give it a go. I registered on the online system and it took I think 2 - 3 weeks to verify my details. After that I could see my 1 year 2019 - 2020 license on the system and could download it, but they still haven't processed my 5 year license.
    The online system do allow you to make payments, but doesn't allow you to upload proof of payment for old payments made.

I then contacted Pieter at ICASA and emailed my proof of payment to him, but they don't have direct access to the online system since another company manages it for them, but he promised to send my proof of payment to the person with access to the system. I followed up with him every 2 days for around 2 weeks and finally my 5 year license got processed and I could download it from the online system.

I wanted to change my call sign after my 5 year license was finally sorted and I also did this on the online system. I applied on the Monday for a new call sign and received my new license on the Thursday. Yes I almost fell off my chair.

If you have a 8 digit license number, then give the ICASA online system a go, one day when they eventually put all amateurs on this system things will be so much better.

P.S. Consensus on the SARL forum seams to be if you paid and have proof, then you are licensed and the SARL will fight for you if needed, so don't worry too much about the piece of paper, as long as you paid.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2020/05/16 at 05:05 PM.
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri

Vandat die 5 jaar opsie uitgekom het maak ek gebruik daarvan en sover het ek gelukkig nog geen probleme gehad nie..Ek moet eers weer in 2022 lisensie betaal..en ek betaal by die Poskantoor met my ou lisense as bewys..
    VW TDI
    Dries de Kock