2011 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI

Default 2011 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI

Hi all

I have owned my Santa Fe since new. Its a lovely vehicle and I love it. Has just over 134 000km on her.

It has always had an annoying issue. It pulls slightly to the left. I had complained many times and they just could not get it right at one point refused to take the vehicle back. The dealer even had an AA test done to show that the vehicle was safe and that its just how the Hyundai;s are.

Its not an alignment or tyres issue.

Have any of you Hyundai drivers experienced this pull and how have you resolved it. I would like to fix it if it can can fixed,

Thanks
    Kavesh

Default Re: 2011 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI

Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    Hi all

I have owned my Santa Fe since new. Its a lovely vehicle and I love it. Has just over 134 000km on her.

It has always had an annoying issue. It pulls slightly to the left. I had complained many times and they just could not get it right at one point refused to take the vehicle back. The dealer even had an AA test done to show that the vehicle was safe and that its just how the Hyundai;s are.

Its not an alignment or tyres issue.

Have any of you Hyundai drivers experienced this pull and how have you resolved it. I would like to fix it if it can can fixed,

Thanks
    Kavesh
    Hello Kavesh, are the front tyre pressures equal? If so, then what usually happens is the camber settings are made equal but because of the road camber the car will tend to pull left, to counteract this the camber on the right is adjusted slightly higher so that the vehicle will pull to the right on a flat road. To check if my theory is correct, drive on a double road on the right hand side, your car should then pull to the right. Good luck!!

Tyre pressure is same all round. 2.2
    At the time.when I was fighting with the dealership they tried everything to get it right. The vehicle was at the alignment shop regularly.
    They changed chambers and other specs but made no difference.
    Eventually I just gave up.

Saw on an Australian forum.they seem to be complaining about a similar issue. Wonder whether it's a issue across all Santa fe' of the time.

Was hoping someone had the same issue with their Hyundai and found a solution.

Hi. i have a 2012 Santa fe and have no problems with pulling left or right, is it not maybe a bit of torque steer? there is a lot of torques under the bonnet after all

I have also heard of the current gen Rav4 doing something similar, there's a thread somewhere about it on the forum.

My wife mainly drove this vehicle and we decided to swap vehicles a few months back to give us the feeling of driving new cars

Anyways, the point is that when the people was new it went back so many times to the dealership and they could not fix it. They kept telling me its the camber of the road. The fact is when one has been driving for so many years and have driven a few different cars and only this Hyundai has a gentle pull that wheel alignment cannot fix, begs the question is there an issue with the suspension.

I was hoping someone else may have had a similar issue with there Hyundai and found a way to fix it. I am a bit of a stickler and when I know something is amiss, I like to know what is causing it and have a bash at fixing it.

Just for the record I have had no issues with unusual tyre wear so definitely not an alignment issue.

Thanks Skylark, I will search for that RAV issue.

I have a 2007 Santa Fe with the exact same problem that cannot be fixed either. Also gave up and I'm driving it like that.
    Lourens de Lange

I suspect that the issue may just be a factory design fault.

Will invest some time researching and speaking to alignment guys to see if they can assist.

iRob who had the issue with his RAV4, never did say how his issue was resolved.

I will post a solution should i find one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kavesh For This Useful Post:

Just to close this off, a couple of months back Hyundai reset the electronic steering system. I don't quite understand it, but they used the diagnostic laptop and reset something to do with steering. It made a heck of a difference afterwards. So suspect that was the issue from day 1.

Need to do alignment to hopefully make it perfect hopefully.