Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Super Thread

Where in Joburg or Pretoria can I have a look at one of these?
    Series Landies make me "seriously" nostalgic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BandK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BandK View Post
    I am sure there is Genie owners in that area where you will be able to have a look.
    * 2014 Honda CR-V I-DTEC
    * Metalian Genie

Took this guy out for his first trip two weekends ago. What a great addition to our setup!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201011_111942.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	950.6 KB 
ID:	592779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201009_182548.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	592780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201009_182341.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	785.5 KB 
ID:	592781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201009_184923.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	680.5 KB 
ID:	592782  

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Janbosbonanza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janbosbonanza View Post
    Took this guy out for his first trip two weekends ago. What a great addition to our setup!
    Great looking trailer!
    Pete

Living the dream baby, living the dream......

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 3.8
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0 - SOLD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep dream For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BandK View Post
    I was told that Kennis Carvans in PTA would be selling them, should arrive December.

Also keen to go and have a look

Kennis Caravans is in Roodepoort. My Genie is currently at Henk from Ultimate Overland for some customising.
    Jannie Botha

2008 Fortuner D4D 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Jan777 View Post
    Kennis Caravans is in Roodepoort. My Genie is currently at Henk from Ultimate Overland for some customising.
    Show us when done please.
    2011 Suzuki Jimny, Rocksliders (Bluerocket), Underbody protection (Stofpad), Roofrack (African Outback)
    Drawer System (self)

Quote Originally Posted by vstromPE View Post
    Show us when done please.
    Will do. Quite a lot to be done as the inside of the trailer will mainly serve as a kitchen: Moving of HCDP panel to nosecone; Moving dual batteries to in front of water tank to free up packing space in kitchen; Brad Harrison plug to rear compartment for camping fridge (Plus 220V plug and Hella); Charge cable from vehicle into HCDP panel; Solar panel wiring into panel; 220 V out feed from trailer; Moving gas bottle holder onto drawbar; LED light strips in all compartments; Additional shelves to be added; Braai grid bag in rear door; Water pump install with tap. Henk is also manufacturing an extra cupboard made from black treadplate to be fitted to the side where there are no doors. This last addition will hopefully (holding thumbs) not detract from the good looks of the trailer.
    Jannie Botha

2008 Fortuner D4D 4x4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jan777 For This Useful Post:

Will do. Quite a lot to be done as the inside of the trailer will mainly serve as a kitchen: Moving of HCDP panel to nosecone; Moving dual batteries to in front of water tank to free up packing space in kitchen; Brad Harrison plug to rear compartment for camping fridge (Plus 220V plug and Hella); Charge cable from vehicle into HCDP panel; Solar panel wiring into panel; 220 V out feed from trailer; Moving gas bottle holder onto drawbar; LED light strips in all compartments; Additional shelves to be added; Braai grid bag in rear door; Water pump install with tap. Henk is also manufacturing an extra cupboard made from black treadplate to be fitted to the side where there are no doors. This last addition will hopefully (holding thumbs) not detract from the good looks of the trailer.
    Looking good. While most of this appears to be re-arranging stuff, please take note of the change in loads while moving heavier items to the front and overloading in general terms. The Genie is a 750kg trailer. We do also fit a 1000kg braked axle, but this is done to assist the tow vehicle's braking capacity - for the Jimny the unbraked tow weight limit is only 400 kgs. Ditto for cars that are below 1500 tare, the braked axle will allow the tow limit to be increased to 750kg. The trailer should not exceed 750kgs please.

This trailer was designed to answer the needs expressed by campers for a cost effective, no frills camper.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

I cant seem to find much info on the Genie. What is the base starting price on them now?
    Willie Knoetze

2019 Nissan NP300 2.5tdi d/c 4x4

I don't do sales that much anymore, but think this is still on 40k. Please contact [email protected]. You're under no obligation to buy anything just because you've received a quote!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

FWM

Quote Originally Posted by Janbosbonanza View Post
    Hi, fantastic looking trailer and setup.

I know a gentleman shouldn’t ask, but what does it weigh in that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Jvanlog View Post
    Hi, fantastic looking trailer and setup.

I know a gentleman shouldn’t ask, but what does it weigh in that setup?
    Hi there,

Apologies for taking so long to reply. I honestly have no idea what it weighs.. I know I should make a plan to find out, but it towed absolutely fine with my Transporter in December when I took it on the Namaqua 4X4 trail and into the Richtersveld. It went through very thick sand and many many km's of very bad dirt roads without any issues.

Good Day. My first post so be nice please.

Planning on moving Spare Wheel from rear door to in front of nose cone. I upgraded to 15" and it is slightly awkward to open the door hinge. Also more secure as it will be resting on the frame as well as fridge wall, which is double plated.

Bracket for dolly wheel uses existing holes in draw-bar so will not add any stress.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genie.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	610047

Quote Originally Posted by zappa View Post

Planning on moving Spare Wheel from rear door to in front of nose cone. I upgraded to 15" and it is slightly awkward to open the door hinge. Also more secure as it will be resting on the frame as well as fridge wall, which is double plated.

Bracket for dolly wheel uses existing holes in draw-bar so will not add any stress.

Any thoughts?

Maybe ask Heinz whether it is possible to make the cut at the door lock lever a bit deeper in order for the leaver to clear the higher spare wheel

Edit:

Name:	20210323_183012.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	610135
    I see now there isn't currently a cut out. I am referring to possibly cut in a notch there to allow the lever to lift higher if that makes sense.
    Last edited by StephanF; 2021/03/23 at 06:35 PM.
    * 2014 Honda CR-V I-DTEC
    * Metalian Genie

Quote Originally Posted by zappa View Post

Any thoughts?

I am hesitant to say A-okay as you already have a large nosecone which we have decided to no longer fit because we lose control over what all goes in there. If you do go this route, I need to supply you with an upgraded towbar extension. If the tyre was hard-up against the main box, I'd say fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    I am hesitant to say A-okay as you already have a large nosecone which we have decided to no longer fit because we lose control over what all goes in there. If you do go this route, I need to supply you with an upgraded towbar extension. If the tyre was hard-up against the main box, I'd say fine.
    Thanks Heinz.

I chatted to Gareth yesterday about the square tube drawbar, he will come back to me on availability. The nose cone will only be used for a fridge, came fitted with fridge slide. Have also removed front jerry-can holder so that it cannot be used, which will compensate for the wheel weight.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zappa For This Useful Post:

Anybody looking to stop the drawbar rattling around .... I ordered one of these anti-rattle clamps from Amazon - it ended up costing me just under R500 delivered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	IMG_20210330_151445_resized_20210406_042112387.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	707.3 KB 
ID:	611525

I attached it at the rear of the drawbar - this pulls the bar down, so it will be in the natural place it would when the trailer is hitched ... just without the rattle.

I see there is now somebody locally offering much the same thing on the forum...

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...think-it-works

Suzi Blue 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6
    Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Air Lift 1000 60902 Kit, 16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres
    Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates, Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    Metalian Genie Trailer

Hi Jan777.

How did you secure the water tank below the slide? There are sufficient tie-down places on the right hand outer wall but nothing on internal wall.

Hi, does anyone have photos showing the water tank in the Genie? Looking for ideas.
    2011 Suzuki Jimny, Rocksliders (Bluerocket), Underbody protection (Stofpad), Roofrack (African Outback)
    Drawer System (self)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast