Show your grid/rooster

Default Show your grid/rooster

Wat is ń rooster in Ingels? I want to make myself a new grid, after my previous one disappeared. It was 304 stainless expanded metal (punched) with 5mm round bar.
    I have seen the adjustable one, the one with the slots at the back that you slide in the top part according to the thickness of the chops, are they user friendly? I donÂ’t have a build in braai and take my braai when I go on holiday, so the grid will fit my braai.
    I have looked at the woven mesh with a 25mm hole, but think it migh be heavy, but will retain good heat? Please give some advice and show you rooster (not the animal). Kobus asb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emileheyns For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Show your grid/rooster

Quote Originally Posted by emileheyns View Post
    Wat is ń rooster in Ingels? I want to make myself a new grid, after my previous one disappeared. It was 304 stainless expanded metal (punched) with 5mm round bar.
    I have seen the adjustable one, the one with the slots at the back that you slide in the top part according to the thickness of the chops, are they user friendly? I donÂ’t have a build in braai and take my braai when I go on holiday, so the grid will fit my braai.
    I have looked at the woven mesh with a 25mm hole, but think it migh be heavy, but will retain good heat? Please give some advice and show you rooster (not the animal). Kobus asb
    Emile contact FL Schmidt, they often have off cuts of varying types of stainless mesh that you can look at and buy. Bought mine there 12mm aperture and 2mm wire, welded a 12mm round bar frame to it.

Rooster = Grid
    Last edited by Andrew Leigh; 2020/03/07 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Emile contact FL Schmidt, they often have off cuts of varying types of stainless mesh that you can look at and buy. Bought mine there 12mm aperture and 2mm wire, welded a 12mm round bar frame to it.

Rooster = Grid

I can get the woven mesh in town, but before I spend R500 on materiaal I am wondering if there is not an alternative?

I can get the woven mesh in town, but before I spend R500 on materiaal I am wondering if there is not an alternative?
    304 Stainless will corrode. My 316 stainless is 24 years old this year and still in use. Never cleaned except by burning it clean. Just chucked into a black bin bag when camping to stop it dirtying anything else. I have a built in braai at home but the stainless grid is used on top of the built in grid. Easier to turn.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

O yes, another requisite for me not to handle it witusod kid gloves: if I wwant to clean it before the braai I want to put it in the flames and burn it

Wat is ń rooster in Ingels?
    Rooster is Ingils.
    Afrikaans is `n hoenderhaan.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

304 may tarnish but i doubt it will not be up for the job. Sure 316 is better. but I doubt I would live long enough for it to make a difference.