Defender Pager

Thread: Defender Pager

Default Defender Pager

Hi

I have got a Defender "Puma" 2.4 l, year 2008.
    When I lock the doors with my pager, the indicator orange lights will flash three times (three short bursts)
    When I open the doors, the indicator lights flash only one long burst.

I have noticed that when I open the locked landy with my pager and that the indicator lights DO NOT light up, it means that I need to change the CR 2032 battery in the pager. After having changed the battery, all the indicator lights light up again as indicated above!

This bring me to my question : could a weak CR 2032 battery in the pager not fully "clear" the immobiliser? In other words could not enough voltage in the pager prevent the computer vehicle to transmit the correct signal to the start motor to crank the engine and start it ?

The reason for my question is that recently I had a few occurrences when, the turning the contact key once I had all the normal lights lighting up on the dashboard. Turning it one step further to start the engine, absolutely nothing happened.

This is not a battery problem as I have got three of them fully charged (two of them new) that I can put in series.

I am just trying to determine if it is my pager (when its battery voltage s weak) which does not "fully" activate the system (immobiliser, start motor,...) or if I have got a start motor problem.

Your feedback would be appreciated! Many Thanks !!

Default Re: Defender Pager

Hi
    It might be worth checking the ground/common cable to starter as a loose connection will do the same thing when trying to start.

I doubt that the remote can only unlock the car so to say "halfway". Opening all doors, but not having flashing lights. But, anything is possible. However, if you try and start the vehicle and it does not want to start and you expect that it might be the immobilizer you will see that there is a red light on the dash that is on (not flashing) this light indicates that the immobilizer has not been deactivated.

The only other explanation i might have is that you might have a bad connection on the earth of your main battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Markeran View Post
    Hi

I have got a Defender "Puma" 2.4 l, year 2008.
    When I lock the doors with my pager, the indicator orange lights will flash three times (three short bursts)
    When I open the doors, the indicator lights flash only one long burst.

I have noticed that when I open the locked landy with my pager and that the indicator lights DO NOT light up, it means that I need to change the CR 2032 battery in the pager. After having changed the battery, all the indicator lights light up again as indicated above!

This bring me to my question : could a weak CR 2032 battery in the pager not fully "clear" the immobiliser? In other words could not enough voltage in the pager prevent the computer vehicle to transmit the correct signal to the start motor to crank the engine and start it ?

The reason for my question is that recently I had a few occurrences when, the turning the contact key once I had all the normal lights lighting up on the dashboard. Turning it one step further to start the engine, absolutely nothing happened.

This is not a battery problem as I have got three of them fully charged (two of them new) that I can put in series.

I am just trying to determine if it is my pager (when its battery voltage s weak) which does not "fully" activate the system (immobiliser, start motor,...) or if I have got a start motor problem.

Your feedback would be appreciated! Many Thanks !!

Ensure that your main relay is solid in place underneath driver seat.

I had a similar problem and found that the 15Amp fuse under the driver seat was blown. Replaced everything back to normal. Even while fuse was blown vehicle locked with remote and activated alarm according to red light in the speedometer binnacle.

I had a similar problem and found that the 15Amp fuse under the driver seat was blown. Replaced everything back to normal. Even while fuse was blown vehicle locked with remote and activated alarm according to red light in the speedometer binnacle.