Amarok V6 options

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Amarok V6 options

Hi there Forum members.
    Asking for a friend
    Whats the difference on the Amarok V6 Highline, Highline Plus, and Extreme models?
    Playing on their website but cant find any concrete info of the differences except some cosmetic differences and obviously the price.
    IMO I think the highline plus is maybe the best option if you get a demo unit for a bit cheaper than new? Adding the suspension upgrade and a few nice to have's, I recon this can be an ideal family holiday vehicle towing a caravan to remote places.
    Stefan

2018 Toyota Hilux V6 auto 4X4 double cab with a few extra's
    2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4
    2019 BMW X1 M-Sport 2.0D (Swambo platkar)
    2018 Toyota Etios Sprint (daily platkar drive)
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto 4X4 double cab - sold
    2016 Volvo V40 D4 Geartronic - sold
    2008 Gypsey Gold Caravan - sold

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4Superman For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Amarok V6 options

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Superman View Post
    Hi there Forum members.
    Asking for a friend
    Whats the difference on the Amarok V6 Highline, Highline Plus, and Extreme models?
    Playing on their website but cant find any concrete info of the differences except some cosmetic differences and obviously the price.
    IMO I think the highline plus is maybe the best option if you get a demo unit for a bit cheaper than new? Adding the suspension upgrade and a few nice to have's, I recon this can be an ideal family holiday vehicle towing a caravan to remote places.
    its just optionals and cosmetic stuff - the extreme have all the bells and whistles like heating seats, electric seats, navigation etc. for example

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    its just optionals and cosmetic stuff - the extreme have all the bells and whistles like heating seats, electric seats, navigation etc. for example
    I think the Highline+ is the pick of the bunch. The Extreme has fantastic seats, but the 20-inch wheels and roll-bar-thingie on the bak put me off. If you're going to remote places, you will need a canopy, and then the wheel and tyre combination on the Extreme is also not ideal.

And to the OP, go and drive one. Coming from a V6 Hilux, I'm pretty sure this thing will blow your mind. It will be better in pretty much every respect. But don't take my word for it, go and do a proper test drive.

Hi Johan

Thank you for the info. Also thnk the + will be the correct model to choose. Adding a canopy for sure and dont want the 20" wheels.
    Never driven one but went through all the threads and im itching.... Think i must go drive one to scratch the itch. From what im reading of the V6, i might get hooked and in trouvle with swambo.....again.
    Stefan

2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4

Hi Johan

Thank you for the info. Also thnk the + will be the correct model to choose. Adding a canopy for sure and dont want the 20" wheels.
    Never driven one but went through all the threads and im itching.... Think i must go drive one to scratch the itch. From what im reading of the V6, i might get hooked and in trouvle with swambo.....again.
    If you're worried about getting in trouble with SWAMBO, maybe don't go drive it.

Except for serious 4x4 stuff, I would take the V6 Amarok over the Hilux every single day of the week. It's expensive, but once you've driven it, you'll understand where the money goes to. It will be: faster, more economical, better for towing, more stable due to permanent 4x4, have a vastly superior gearbox, be more comfortable as a daily, much better on dirt roads, and so on. So unless you're doing trails every weekend, make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    If you're worried about getting in trouble with SWAMBO, maybe don't go drive it.

Except for serious 4x4 stuff, I would take the V6 Amarok over the Hilux every single day of the week. It's expensive, but once you've driven it, you'll understand where the money goes to. It will be: faster, more economical, better for towing, more stable due to permanent 4x4, have a vastly superior gearbox, be more comfortable as a daily, much better on dirt roads, and so on. So unless you're doing trails every weekend, make the switch.
    Johan, you not making this easy do you
    From everything I have read about the V6, I totally agree. Think I will go take a drive in one over the weekend.
    Stefan

2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4

Take her with on the test drive. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    LOL might be a good ieda. She knows im itching.....every year, this time
    Will take her with and let her drive. She like diesel torque so maybe she buys it for me.
    Stefan

2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4Superman For This Useful Post:

... She like diesel torque ...
    You have an absolute keeper!
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

I came from two Rangers. Last one, my Wildtrak I had from new for only 9 months.....then I went over to the enemy.I initially missed a few things from my Wildtrak….rear space being one of them.....BUT..... I have the Extreme and I will not buy another brand of bakkie again. Trust me, it's that good. I towed a Bushlapa Baobab in scorching heat (39C) up mountain passes at the beginning of the year and not a flinch. Besides pulling the caravan as if it wasn't there, it just performed flawlessly.Like previous guys have said - go test drive it, but be prepared to absolutely fall in love with a premium product irrespective which way you look at it.

2019 VW Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Audi RS4 (The Delinquent)

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    Good idea. It worked for me.😂

Hi there Forum members.
    Asking for a friend

Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    I think the Highline+ is the pick of the bunch. The Extreme has fantastic seats, but the 20-inch wheels and roll-bar-thingie on the bak put me off. If you're going to remote places, you will need a canopy, and then the wheel and tyre combination on the Extreme is also not ideal.

And to the OP, go and drive one. Coming from a V6 Hilux, I'm pretty sure this thing will blow your mind. It will be better in pretty much every respect. But don't take my word for it, go and do a proper test drive.
    I agree, the Highline Plus is the sweet spot. It has most, if not all, of the desirable options.

Hi there Forum members.
    Asking for a friend
    Also recently got the highline plus! Carried over all my extras from the 2.0 - Canopy, suspension, rims&tyres etc.... Very happy withthe big 6!!
    Last edited by Goeiedag1; 2020/02/27 at 10:05 AM.
    Amarok V6

Amarok BiTDi 4Motion Auto - (sold)
    Touareg V6 TDi Bluemotion - Air Suspension. aka Bruce (sold)
    Amarok DC BiTDi 4Motion Manual (sold )

Thank you everybody for making my decision to keep th ehilux so much more difficult
    Did some homework and research and must say, everything I read is just positive. Especially to tow the BL Ratel, the power, and everything inbetween.

Is the Amarok a lot smaller in the back seats versus a hilux or ranger? Got 2 girls aged 8 and 10, so need some legroom in the back.
    Also, what mileage is a good buy. I don't really want to pay more than what I paid for the hilux, but then im looking at 60k to 80k km on the clock already on the Amarok. Might become costly to service when out of plan then and changes for breakage higher perhaps?
    Stefan

2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4

Thank you everybody for making my decision to keep th ehilux so much more difficult
    Did some homework and research and must say, everything I read is just positive. Especially to tow the BL Ratel, the power, and everything inbetween.

Is the Amarok a lot smaller in the back seats versus a hilux or ranger? Got 2 girls aged 8 and 10, so need some legroom in the back.
    Also, what mileage is a good buy. I don't really want to pay more than what I paid for the hilux, but then im looking at 60k to 80k km on the clock already on the Amarok. Might become costly to service when out of plan then and changes for breakage higher perhaps?
    The Amarok V6 is an amazing bakkie, I just don't get why people compare it to 4 cylinder bakkies. Apples with apples.

Anyway, there's more than enough space in the back, we did a trip to the Orange river last year and a lot of times when travelling the dirt roads there were 3 fully grown men on the back seat with no issues.
    Last edited by Hennie84; 2020/02/27 at 10:31 AM.

I think the legroom is a bit less than most other double-cabs, but the cab is also a bit wider. I'm just on 6ft tall and have traveled with 3 other adults (OK so the ladies were in the back), and had my seat comfortably set for myself. No complaints from the lady sitting behind me.

For kids up to "senior teenagers" it shouldn't be a problem...

I am 1.85m tall, and could fit in the back seat, with the front seat in my seating position.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

Awesome thank you for all the replies.

What mileage would you guys say is high in the V6? It will only be used for weekend getaways and holidays towing the bush lapa ratel. Think I did 6500km last year in total with my hilux.
    Im looking at a few 2018 highline plus models. Thats about in line for what i paid and can get for my hilux.
    Extras I want to ad is : Seikel suspension, long range tank, snorkel, rsi or rhinocab canopy, dual battery system, spotlights and dust kit for canopy.
    Any other extras ideas to make it a nice looking and capable vehicle for off the grid holidays?
    Stefan

2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4Superman For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast