Wheel Alignment Issues?

Default Wheel Alignment Issues?

Hi Guys,
    I have an 2005 Isuzu double cab 4x4 bakkie. The bakkie had wheel alignment done some 1000km's ago, after this i noticed that there is a slight skidding sound when going around corners, even at the road indicated speed limit which i thought unusual. I took the bakkie back to the company who did the alignment, and they again put the bakkie back onto the machine, and as a result informed me that everything is within limits. I have since noticed that the front tyres are Waring badly on the inside which indicates to me that there is a camber problem? Im not sure what to do now? I have attached the alignment result sheet to this Thread. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crossing; 2020/02/24 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: Wheel Alignment Issues?

When last was the fitment centre's wheel alignment machinery calibrated? I had the same done on my JMC in Bloem in 2014 (Alignment settings are for a 2001 Isuzu KB) and the one front tyre was visibly eaten within 3000 km. I took it to another alignment centre I trust in Brackenfell and the alignment was completely out. I asked for before and after printouts. Never had a problem since.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by crossing View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have an 2005 Isuzu double cab 4x4 bakkie. The bakkie had wheel alignment done some 1000km's ago, after this i noticed that there is a slight skidding sound when going around corners, even at the road indicated speed limit which i thought unusual. I took the bakkie back to the company who did the alignment, and they again put the bakkie back onto the machine, and as a result informed me that everything is within limits. I have since noticed that the front tyres are Waring badly on the inside which indicates to me that there is a camber problem? Im not sure what to do now? I have attached the alignment result sheet to this Thread. Thanks

Go to a new alignment shop.

Your right camber is far out.
    Left camber just out.

Get it done soon and properly before you end up buying a new set of tyres.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	559516Your camber should be between -0.30 and +0.30.
    The right camber is sitting at +1.08.
    It is very far out of spec.

When you get the print out make sure that everything is sitting within the limits that are stipulated on the print out.
    It's honestly insane that they would let you drive out of the shop with those specs and tell you it is fine.
    Last edited by Shwam; 2020/02/25 at 03:49 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shwam For This Useful Post: