Nissan 3000TD Hardbody Sel K.Cab ~ 2nd Hand

Smile Nissan 3000TD Hardbody Sel K.Cab ~ 2nd Hand

Hello, I have recently purchased a secondhand 2007 Nissan 3.0TD Kingcab 2x4 as part of my retirement plans in a few months time.

This vehicle was part of a family trust in the De Doorns - Worcester area in CT, has full service history thru Nissan dealerships only and was effectively only used as a "paper" bakkie, i.e. was not a work-horse, so still in very good condition overall. After an extensive search for a 2x4/4x4 vehicle on multiple websites, I settled for this one based on condition and pricing within my budget.

I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum who owns or knows these vehicles well, as I am a first time owner and have a lot of questions, but also looking for information in terms of servicing, tyres and general maintenance and handling of this vehicle.

Would appreciate any assistance and guidance in this regard,

Thank-U

Seabreeze (Jenni)
    Cape Town

Default Re: Nissan 3000TD Hardbody Sel K.Cab ~ 2nd Hand

That's a real nice bakkie. Service the engine regularly and it will last you a lifetime.
    If you are going to do longer trips with a heavy load then consider a bigger intercooler ( hot4cold.co.za ) .

And a madman engine monitor of you labour the engine ( low rpm in higher gears).

The bakkie should give you many many happy years of service.

I almost forgot : They are prone on collecting grass and leaves between the aircon condenser and radiator.
    easy to clean but not easy to see !
    Last edited by nisjeep; 2020/02/25 at 05:38 PM.
    There's only 3 reasons to stand up : to get the remote , to go to the bathroom or because you're the Real Slim Shady.

2002 Patrol 4.5 GRX
    2001 Terrano 2 TD27
    2012 1600 Pypkar Rum mobile

Thanx for getting back to me NisJeep...clever combo name you chose by the way! and great tip about leaves + grass too.

I am relocating to the Riversdale region at the end of May this year, so want to familiarise myself well with all aspects of the vehicle before then.

I am trying to decide about tyres for this vehicle at the moment, have been told that I should buy All Terrain as I will be travelling on tar and gravel/sand roads in future - could you suggest a few good makes to buy that have strengthened walls?

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions every now and then on this vehicle....still learning.

Thanks again, and hope to chat again soon.

Kind regards,

Jenni

Hi Seabreeze19
    i have had a 2004 Hardbody ZD30 4x4 from new. It is now on 250 000 km’s of absolutely trouble free motoring. Still has original everything. I changed radiator hoses and fan belt (serpentinebelt) after 10 years. Service every 10 000km,s oil castrol 15w40 or Magnatec 10w40. Every 20 000 km’s airfilter and both diesel filters. Gearbox and both diff oils every 60 000 km’s. I PROBABLY over service but service filters are not expensive. You can use either GUD or Nissan filters ( Nissan only a few Rand more).
    look after it, it will do many many kms
    2015 Navara 4x4 LE auto
    Camil Suspension, Long range tank, Snorkel

2004 Nissan Hardbody ZD30 4x4
    Camil suspension, Long range tank, Snorkel

I use to own the 3.0 16VTD Hardbody 2x4 in double cab for about four years. 2008 model.

I bought it new and used it mainly for work purposes. I sold it with about 130 000 km on the clock. I found it to be a very reliable honest workhorse bakkie. The only problem I had with it was a faulty gearbox selector switch at around 70 000 km. This component was not critical and just made the bakkie feel like a dirty diesel filter on heavy acceleration. Was replaced under warrantee and kost about R250 rand for the part. No other problems what so ever. Services was done every 15 000 km under warrantee.

That 3.0 16VTD pulled like a train and I got an average fuel consumption of around 10.8 km/l on City driving and open road combined. I kept my cruising speed to 110 km/h (100 km/h GPS) on the open road. Top speed I could get was 175 km/h speedo reading on a level road.

Mine came standard with a Gearmax Diff Lock at the time. It came standard with 245/70 R16 tyres and I used two sets of Firestone Destination A/T after the factory fitted tires only gave me about 40 000 km. Never had a days trouble with the Destinations and they gave me about 75 000 kilometers on the first set. Sold it with the second set fairly new.

In the beginning the ride felt a little hard but that was after owning an Isuzu KB bakkie.

I enjoyed the bakkie and its plain honest reliability with exceptable fuel consumption and drivability.

It made me buy another NP 300 Hardbody 2.5 TDI double cab 2x4 for work purposes in 2018 again which I am still driving at the moment.

The two models are very similar in performance with the 2.5 just a bit better on fuel consuption of coarse. My current NP300 came factory fitted with Firestone Destination A/T tires in 245/70 R16 for which I was very glad as this tires only gave me exeptional service so far. Had also used a few sets of them on my Hilux D-4D D/C 4x4 and which I am still using on the Hilux as we speak.

As far as I know the 3.0 16VTD never came standard with an intercooler. The 2.5 that I'm owning now does have one.
    Last edited by Viertrek; 2020/05/06 at 09:02 PM.