Amarok V6 purchase





Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Wink Amarok V6 purchase

    Hi guys

    This is for the V6 owners, any of u with over 100 000km? I want to know any problems? I dont see any big issues but also not a lot of owners with V6 over 100 000km

    I can get a very looked after V6 with 74 000km 2017 model. I know the owner and bakkie had no issues. He ordered a new one.

    I had a treg V6 so know more or less the v6 enjin. Would u pull the trigger?


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to hein100 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,609
    Thanked: 1291

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Nope mine is not on a 100k yet, I am only approaching 50k, but I would!

    Obviously price dependant and what u want to use it for.

    Love my diesel V6,
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,708
    Thanked: 3625

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    My Treg is approaching 90k kms. No problems. Not much on the V6 engine that goes wrong
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Price is under retail. Not much extras though. Im gone take my seikel susp off the 2.0 and fit it to the v6 ibviius with the heavier coils from seikel for the vy and add canopy. Normal drive and tow my BL and do some trails. O yes and he fitted new at in des.265/65/18 pity it wasnt 17 inch but okey.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to hein100 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    My Treg is approaching 90k kms. No problems. Not much on the V6 engine that goes wrong
    Nys ja ekt my treg gery tot 150. Moes die seel agter gearbox vervang. Maar anders geen issues gehad behalwe briek skoene ����

    Vrou nou die t cross en ek mis maar dai krag can die v6 maar het n bakkie nodig.
    Last edited by hein100; 2020/02/23 at 03:58 PM.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,609
    Thanked: 1291

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    I love the V6 so much there will be 2 V6 in the garage soon.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,708
    Thanked: 3625

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Nys ja ekt my treg gery tot 150. Moes die seel agter gearbox vervang. Maar anders geen issues gehad behalwe briek skoene ����

    Vrou nou die t cross en ek mis maar dai krag can die v6 maar het n bakkie nodig.
    Het vandag weer soe bietjie gaan ry. Verspoelde paaieen als. As ek weer moet koop sal dit n Amarok wees maar hel, ek weet nie hoe ek die die Treg gaan los nie. Daai air suspension, electronic dampers en low range is maar net awesome
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Het vandag weer soe bietjie gaan ry. Verspoelde paaieen als. As ek weer moet koop sal dit n Amarok wees maar hel, ek weet nie hoe ek die die Treg gaan los nie. Daai air suspension, electronic dampers en low range is maar net awesome
    Jip treg is n awesome kar. Mis myne en dit hkm ek ma n v6 bakkie kyk. My treg nou nie die off road pack gehad.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Paulshof
    Age
    34
    Posts
    143
    Thanked: 185

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    At 45000kms now, no problems at all. Squeaking rear suspension but apparently it's normal.
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Ooba View Post
    At 45000kms now, no problems at all. Squeaking rear suspension but apparently it's normal.
    Yes on my 4th amarok and i always bought new but cars is getting bloody expensive and this ons is in a very good condition. Also had a treg so im cumfy but just wanted to make sure. I heard some use oil but i cant find any info that they had mechanical problems.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,602
    Thanked: 867

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Yes on my 4th amarok and i always bought new but cars is getting bloody expensive and this ons is in a very good condition. Also had a treg so im cumfy but just wanted to make sure. I heard some use oil but i cant find any info that they had mechanical problems.
    If I remember correctly, mine used a litre of oil in the first 7500km, but nothing after that.
    On 42000 km now and the only problem I had was when a rat chewed through a wire on one of the sensors. VW repaired the damage. R6000

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanked: 1051

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Ooba View Post
    At 45000kms now, no problems at all. Squeaking rear suspension but apparently it's normal.
    Sorry, but I don't accept that a squeaking suspension is normal. Mine is at VW today for this exact issue. One of the things I noticed is that VW don't even remove the paper stickers from the leaf packs. So it could be a quality issue from Argentina?

    @Hein, the 265/65/18 tyres should be fine for most uses. It's a big tyre at 32 inches, and a big improvement from the standard tyres.

    I love my V6.

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Paulshof
    Age
    34
    Posts
    143
    Thanked: 185

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    Sorry, but I don't accept that a squeaking suspension is normal. Mine is at VW today for this exact issue. One of the things I noticed is that VW don't even remove the paper stickers from the leaf packs. So it could be a quality issue from Argentina?

    @Hein, the 265/65/18 tyres should be fine for most uses. It's a big tyre at 32 inches, and a big improvement from the standard tyres.

    I love my V6.
    Let me know the outcome Johan. Have heard from some people it's the shackles on the rear leafs that squeak.

    Murphys law this morning I noticed a wine coming from the engine bay that increases with rpm and gets louder when turning. Could be power steering pump? Will book the car in soon.
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanked: 1051

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Ooba View Post
    Let me know the outcome Johan. Have heard from some people it's the shackles on the rear leafs that squeak.

    Murphys law this morning I noticed a wine coming from the engine bay that increases with rpm and gets louder when turning. Could be power steering pump? Will book the car in soon.
    Will do, I've actually also done a bit of reading on the subject. Based on the comments from Australia, it generally seems to be the "hanger" for the leafs, it has two plastic ( I assume plastic) guides that are supposed to keep the leafs aligned, and this apparently sometimes causes the sound. One of the guys in Aus simply removed these two guides and he was happy after that.

    Some of the other guys mentioned the bushes at the back of the leafs, that were poorly installed, and once this was fixed the noises went away.

    But on my bakkie, it doesn't seem to be either of those. And, with only 7500kms on the clock, they need to sort it out.

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Table View
    Age
    49
    Posts
    150
    Thanked: 41

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    Will do, I've actually also done a bit of reading on the subject. Based on the comments from Australia, it generally seems to be the "hanger" for the leafs, it has two plastic ( I assume plastic) guides that are supposed to keep the leafs aligned, and this apparently sometimes causes the sound. One of the guys in Aus simply removed these two guides and he was happy after that.

    Some of the other guys mentioned the bushes at the back of the leafs, that were poorly installed, and once this was fixed the noises went away.

    But on my bakkie, it doesn't seem to be either of those. And, with only 7500kms on the clock, they need to sort it out.
    Agreed Johan. My Extreme V6 has had the squeak since I took delivery. I have endured it for 12 000km since new now. I haven't taken it back to the dealers as yet....I should, I know.
    Problem is....the sales service was SO TERRIBLE.... I'm not sure I can really trust them.

    BUT....even with the above issue, it's an amazing bakkie. I absolutely love my Amarok.

    2019 VW Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Audi RS4 (The Delinquent)


  23. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    [QUOTE=JohanRoux;4332545]Sorry, but I don't accept that a squeaking suspension is normal. Mine is at VW today for this exact issue. One of the things I noticed is that VW don't even remove the paper stickers from the leaf packs. So it could be a quality issue from Argentina?

    @Hein, the 265/65/18 tyres should be fine for most uses. It's a big tyre at 32 inches, and a big improvement from the standard tyres.


    I love my V6. [/QUOTE

    thanks i dont do hectic trails, done that in my younger days

    my first amarok had that problem and they replaced it wit a plastic/tevlar strip where it align the blades and it stopped. my previous auto and manual now didn't had that issue.

    anyway pulling the plug, they guy buying my manual now just need to get rid of his toy then we sorted!!
    Last edited by hein100; 2020/02/24 at 02:21 PM.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanked: 1051

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    [QUOTE=hein100;4332717]
    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    Sorry, but I don't accept that a squeaking suspension is normal. Mine is at VW today for this exact issue. One of the things I noticed is that VW don't even remove the paper stickers from the leaf packs. So it could be a quality issue from Argentina?

    @Hein, the 265/65/18 tyres should be fine for most uses. It's a big tyre at 32 inches, and a big improvement from the standard tyres.


    I love my V6. [/QUOTE

    thanks i dont do hectic trails, done that in my younger days

    my first amarok had that problem and they replaced it wit a plastic/tevlar strip where it align the blades and it stopped. my previous auto and manual now didn't had that issue.

    anyway pulling the plug, they guy buying my manual now just need to get rid of his toy then we sorted!!
    Great news, the V6 is addictive.

    I never had the issue on my 2x previous Amaroks so I'm not going to accept it on this one. Hopefully when I pick it up this afternoon it's gone, never to be heard again.

    The sad part is that the bakkie has 7500kms on the clock and has probably done less than 100kms on a dirt road - and NO trails.
    Last edited by JohanRoux; 2020/02/24 at 02:57 PM.

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanked: 113

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Price is under retail. Not much extras though. Im gone take my seikel susp off the 2.0 and fit it to the v6 ibviius with the heavier coils from seikel for the vy and add canopy. Normal drive and tow my BL and do some trails. O yes and he fitted new at in des.265/65/18 pity it wasnt 17 inch but okey.
    The 2.0 Seikel suspension is not the same as the one for the 3.0.

  26. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ezulwini Eswatini
    Posts
    1,660
    Thanked: 1987

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    from reading about your treg seal replacement sounds like you must of had a T2/3 treg V6 tdi.

    the V6 amarok is a little down tune from the treg. I believe amarok is at 165kw same output at the t1 V6 TDI.

    new v6 will be 180kw so same as current v6 treg.

    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

  27. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Amarok V6 purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaira View Post
    The 2.0 Seikel suspension is not the same as the one for the 3.0.
    it is its just the coils that differ, i have spoken to seikel them self and they confirmed.


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •