Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Default Re: Olive the Nissan..........

Ek het 13 trollies. As ek nou moet cruizer koop, en dit like, gaan dit my duur kos.

Vat my woord. Koop n kroizer. As jy eers 1 trol het, gaan jy nog koop.
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    . As jy eers 1 trol het, gaan jy nog koop.
    Is ongelukkig waar!
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    Too much money for a 2006 model (15 years old already!!), even though the mileage is low.

At that age and such low mileage I would want to verify that with a full service record.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired 2013 but remained in Jhb area for now, maybe will look at moving WC way, Robertson or Wellington type of town, once the wife retires.
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (with front Lokka) - My Platkar...
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL with front Lokka (Use it mainly for Safari business)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (with 160 H/Moon Stargazer RTT and 100 lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari 2.8 Station wagon with 5 speed conversion,
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle).
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    Too much money for a 2006 model (15 years old already!!), even though the mileage is low.

At that age and such low mileage I would want to verify that with a full service record.
    MOOI Trollie daai...........!!!!!

Anyway - ek het besluit ons ry af Oubaai toe met Olive.

Daars nie plek vir alles in die platkar nie.

OK daar is, maar maak nie saak nie, ek wil met Olive ry.

Pappa het die Rondte gewen........sy 2 favourite girls, Olive en Bettie, gaan ook op holiday

Vir enige iemand wie se gat juk vir 'n Patrol na die thread, hier is een te koop op Facebook (Dit is nie my add nie, maar hopelik vind iemand baat daarby):

https://web.facebook.com/groups/hilu...17503911619267

Hier is die details vir die wat dit nie kan oop maak nie:

1999 model 4500i GL
    Best 4x4 around
    401000km
    This vehicle wil drive to Egypt and back without a sweat.
    Licensed and on my name
    R85000 slightly neg
    First come first serve
    Parys/vaal
    063-410-8316

Quote Originally Posted by Michael9980 View Post
    Vir enige iemand wie se gat juk vir 'n Patrol na die thread, hier is een te koop op Facebook (Dit is nie my add nie, maar hopelik vind iemand baat daarby):

https://web.facebook.com/groups/hilu...17503911619267

Hier is die details vir die wat dit nie kan oop maak nie:

1999 model 4500i GL
    Best 4x4 around
    401000km
    This vehicle wil drive to Egypt and back without a sweat.
    Licensed and on my name
    R85000 slightly neg
    First come first serve
    Parys/vaal
    063-410-8316

Veels teveel kilos

2021 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Veels teveel kilos
    Miskien sal Crosenvoid van die thread hom koop en nog R240k op hom spandeer.

Horses for courses, vir my en vir jou het hy dalk te veel km op, maar dalk is dit perfek vir iemand anders op die forum.

Gister af Dwarswegstrand toe met Olive, vol gelaai, 5 mense, baggage, bike gesleep, heelpad so 120/130............5,9 km/liter. Eks happy genoeg daarmee.

So 800km gery gister, eerste aand by my Skoonsus in Bloem oorgebly

Sy loop soos 'n jet hier by die see
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

True Story.........

Went to fecth a Bantam in Randburg yesterday, bakkie has a leaking water pipe or something, so I decided to go fetch it with a dolly rather.

Wanted to sommer grab the Hilux 2,4 standing here, for some strange reason I decided I'll take Olive, we're off to Katse on Saturday, sommer stretch her legs a bit and check if everything is OK.

OK OK........I actually wanted to have a lekker long legged cruise with nice music

Anyway - on my way back, 2 bad scenarios:

1) Rocks strewn across the road on the R57 just outside Sasol, near the Vereeninging turnoff........I felt like a GP driver, sidestepping all those klippe en goete with the Bantam behind me. Also quite a lot of maize meal bags......I suspect they DEFINITELY may have had spikes in them, or some surprise.
    Olive took it in her stride - I was scared shitless, to be honest, people running in dark shadows alongside the road, and also some of them on top of a tanker truck.
    2) At Petrus Steyn (where I had a coffee - pic attached), just when I left, there was this ambulance with red lights and all that coming from behnd - FAST.
    I tried to make way, and the tar shoulder suddenly became loose gravel (and it was sort of wet).......felt us slipping to the left, BY GRACE some instinct didnt let me touch the brakes. We swerved right again, on to the tar, and that big Nissan corrected everything, and all is well again.

This was very, very, very nearly a roll-over........this hasnt happen a lot to me after almost 40 years of driving, but this one was a close shave.

........Didnt know what would have happened, had I driven a Hilux or anything else.....but I'm VERY VERY VERY glad I took Olive yesterday morning. She just handles SO easy and relaxed with a load behind her. And she handled that hiccup - well - as good as it gets, I'm sitting here typing this after all.

Oh, and she gulped down only a litre for every 6 km.........all the way up to GP at around 110/120, back a bit slower, around 90/100.

We're off to Katse on Saturday with the little Arrowhead for some trout fishing at Ha Lejone.......cant WAIT to be in Olive's company again

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

We are very glad to hear you are alive to tell the tale. 3 cheers for Olive

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

Glad you made it. With their long wheelbases and good balance (and despite the live axles) these big wagons do handle pretty well. And it's difficult to explain how much more stable these are than any bakkie when towing.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

Peter ja, we went to Katse and back this long weekend, towing a little boat but quite loaded with 5 persons, fuel, booze, food etc etc.......NO issues on those long inclines. Mostly 1st and 2nd gear. Brakes were piping hot when we got at the bottom of the pass (on the way there)....actually smoking. But no issues with fading etc etc
    The other vehicle, towing the same but maybe a tad lighter, got warm under the collar, and brakes started shuddering on the afdraandes. And those afrdaandes are hectic......you cant go down in 1st, the RPM's will run too high, and it second you have to "cadence" the brakes quite a lot.
    There must be many many newer/faster cars out there that would have been even better......but for me, this is good as I would ever need it to be for that specific job.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Oh, and Pic of my Weekend Playmate () Olive to compliment Post 313 above......high up in the Mountain Kingdom

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Lekker

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16