Triple T fishing Challenge/Adventure

Default Triple T fishing Challenge/Adventure

Myself and two mates have been discussing this idea for a while now, and decided itís time to just get our act together and make it happen.

what is the TTT (Triple T Challenge). Itís a 7 day fishing adventure, targeting three specific species, Trout, Tigerfish and (Giant) Travelly (aka kingfish).

How it works:

we depart from Pretoria on the morning of 30 April 2020, and head for Verlorenkloof fly fishing estate. Once checked in, there is an afternoon session of fishing. Everyone returns to the house after the days fishing for a braai.

On the 1st, you can fish all day, as long as you want, or if you are happy with your catch, you can enjoy any other activities on offer. We spend a second night there. First thing the following morning, the bus leaves, cutting across Swaziland to Lake Jozini. We check in at Pongola Game Reserce, and then after a quick lunch, we head out on the boats for an afternoon of Tiger Fishing. Returning to the lodge for dinner. The 2nd will be a full day of tiger fishing on Jozini, before again returning for Dinner at the lodge.

On the morning of the 3rd, we again depart early, crossing the border into Mozambique and checking in at Ponta Beach camp. A light lunch and the. Onto the boat for a half day deep sea fishing outing. Returning late afternoon for Dinner at the lodge. The 4th will be a full day of Deep sea fishing, followed by dinner at the lodge.

first thing on the morning of the 5th, we hop in the van and head back for PTA/JHB.

We are renting a van and driver for this trip, and to make it cost effective, and to add to the fun, we want to make it an 8 man contest.

this works out the most cost effective at the accomodation, and splits the costs of the van rental evenly.

The cost per person works out to R6550.00pp, and includes 6 nights accommodation (sharing twin rooms), dinner bed and breakfast, Van transfer all the way, and all boat charters (Jozini and Ponta)

tackle hire isnít included for the trout and tiger portians, but tackle can be hired from the resorts.

for the deep sea fishing, the tackle and bait is included. On these trips, we will probably spilt into two groups of 4 fisherman per boat.

we are three so far, and looking for up to 5 okes to join us on this trip. If you are keen, send me a om for more details. We have till the end of the month to finalise bookings etc.

we will think of something regarding prizes for the winners and each catagory and overall... but itís essentially just a fun contest, nothing official or serious. Just bragging rights.

Default Re: Triple T fishing Challenge/Adventure

The List:

Riaan (Rpiet)
    Wihan
    Albert

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by RPiet; 2020/02/19 at 10:45 AM.

What if the weather at Ponta is crap and you can't go out? Do you have a plan B?
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

I saw a Triple T boat at Kosi this past weekend, is that yours - NRR registered??
    FJC - Just Cruising

Is it all on Fly?

My son could be interested, he is kicking his heels before heading to Alaska and the King is on his species list
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

Wow!

Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! Need to play lotto so I can retire and do these kind of things, not needing to worry about work and projects and stuff
    2018 Ford Everest XLT 3.2 4x4 Auto
    2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MT (SOLD)

Photography : https://500px.com/c0rn3llman5

My girlfriend asked me to whisper 4 special words into her ear... so I said : "Ons gaan NOU braai!"

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderGear View Post
    What if the weather at Ponta is crap and you can't go out? Do you have a plan B?
    we would need to have some faith that the weather will play along. However, if it doesnít, we will do some rock and surf fly fishing, and drink R&R. Obviously if we do t do our, we donít pay for the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Is it all on Fly?

My son could be interested, he is kicking his heels before heading to Alaska and the King is on his species list
    Trout is on Fly. Tiger is either fly or rapala. I will be targeting the tiger on fly.

the kingfish on fly can be arranged. But due to limited time, will opt for regular tackle

Updated and reserved the second post for a whoís going list, and will later add any important details there.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    I saw a Triple T boat at Kosi this past weekend, is that yours - NRR registered??
    ?
    FJC - Just Cruising

In the past trips of both commercial and non commercial nature have been arranged on the forum.

Due to issues in the past it is only right for you to first identify yourself to possible participants, it cannot be expected that they must hand over money to a pseudonym.

Forum members cannot be expected do pay money over to an anonymous person.

Until such time, please refrain from proceeding with this thread.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post: