Oztrail stretcher tents

Default Oztrail stretcher tents

Does anyone have experience with this type of tent?
    Thought it would be nice for a Namib type trip where one is making and breaking camp every day while on the move.

Camp and Climb sell them but only if specifically ordered or online. Does anyone know where these can be viewed in Johannesburg or Pretoria?

https://www.oztrail.com.au/products/...er-tent-single

https://www.oztrail.com.au/products/...retcher-single

https://www.oztrail.com.au/products/...tretcher-queen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBS_SSET_D_Easyfold_Stretcher_Tent2_0129bd6c-2ac8-49ff-ae1e-b53cb72bf932_840x840.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	558421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBS_SSED_C_Ultimate_All_Weather_Stretcher_Single_Main_Shot_1280x1280.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	558422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSB_SQED_C_Ultimate_AW_Stretcher_Queen_Fly_840x840.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	558423  

Default Re: Oztrail stretcher tents

Looks cool, my only question is, is it a lot more hassle to just pitch a tent and plop a stretcher in there?

Camp and Climb had two of the three on display.
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,
    SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Gothan I kind of expected your question. On previous trips I have used a Malamoo extra and the ATG Ribzz stretcher. The Malamoo is quick and easy to use once one has mastered the foldup procedure. However I find its folded up size unwieldy to use. A 1m diameter size is a bit of a pain to pack. I use the Ribzz stretcher as it is not too high off the ground. A normal stretcher pushes one into the sidewalls of the tent. The problem with the Ribzz is that it becomes tedious to assemble and disassemble on a daily basis.

Sneaky Pete I was at Camp and Climb on Saturday and unfortunately they no longer have any in stock hence my questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Woolf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woolf View Post
    Gothan I kind of expected your question. On previous trips I have used a Malamoo extra and the ATG Ribzz stretcher. The Malamoo is quick and easy to use once one has mastered the foldup procedure. However I find its folded up size unwieldy to use. A 1m diameter size is a bit of a pain to pack. I use the Ribzz stretcher as it is not too high off the ground. A normal stretcher pushes one into the sidewalls of the tent. The problem with the Ribzz is that it becomes tedious to assemble and disassemble on a daily basis.

Sneaky Pete I was at Camp and Climb on Saturday and unfortunately they no longer have any in stock hence my questions.
    Cool beans, only reason I asked was cause this weekend we were at moegatle and me and the missus just setup the tentco wanderer and two natural instinct heavy duty stretchers in a couple of minutes. But space and weight can be an issue