Mavic Pro questions

Default Mavic Pro questions

Following on from another thread......

I have found a used Mavic Pro for what I think is a very good price.
    According to the owner the drone has about 50 hours flying time. 3 batteries are included, all with 70 charges.

Now.... I don't know if this is good or bad? Am I going to buy a lemon?
    What else do I need to look at?

Default Re: Mavic Pro questions

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    Following on from another thread......

I have found a used Mavic Pro for what I think is a very good price.
    According to the owner the drone has about 50 hours flying time. 3 batteries are included, all with 70 charges.

Now.... I don't know if this is good or bad? Am I going to buy a lemon?
    What else do I need to look at?
    Well flight time seems consistent with number of battery charges. But you might want to check whether y our phone (or tablet) is compatible. When i bought a Mavic Pro Platinum it turned out my phone, nor my tablet were compatible. That added quite a bit to the cost. You can easily look up for a list of compatible devices.
    Last edited by wschulte; 2020/02/15 at 06:20 PM.

It seems my Sony is compatible. I will perhaps test this when I go and check out the drone.

How long can the batteries go for? Is 70 charges alot or not?

check the compatible list for phones and tablets , but if you intend to buy an item for use ony with the drone consider the Huawei products, I found the M5 lite and P30 pro exceptional, also there screens are bright enough to use in direct sunlight.....

The spares are freely available , if you have issues be aware of some of the local guys..... they will charge you till you weep.....go to Banggood and buy spare props, motors etc etc from there... cheap and quick delivery....... from time to time you will find that nothing communicates ......switch off everything and start again...... Always calibrate before you fly....... if something goes wrong with the drone , it will return to the last recorded "home" that could be where you last flew.

Temperature, flying conditions , will affect how long the batteries last in flight ... it can change significantly , rite up to 50% on the low end by seldom will they exceed the advertised duration....never fly till the drone RTH....set it to about 25% ....storage methods determine the life of the batteries ..... read what they say and stick to it... the batteries get verry hot in flight , remove them imediatly when you land .... do not let them go below 0c and try keep them under 50c ... charge them fully when you get home ...... buy extra batteries now..... and mark them .....

Youtube is your friend, but watch at least 5 articles on a subject first .....exceptional info there.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 2020/02/17 at 06:53 AM.

70 charges is a lot. Droneworld told me that 80 charges is about where they bomb out as I started having crap with my battery. This is on a Phantom 3 advanced. So I had to order from the UK as I couldnt get batteries anywhere in SA.

Maybe the mavic batteries last longer. But 70 seems like a lot of charges already. Be sure to buy spare batteries while you can get them freely. If a drone goes out of production, SA stops supplying spares so you need to buy new.
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

Given the price of batteries, this might not be such a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    Given the price of batteries, this might not be such a good deal.
    Check out battery prices on Ebay.....cheaper than local including all the hastle ...then there is a place in Jhb that will repack most, I had a phantom 3 pro battery done ...so far so good.... and you will get way more that 70 cycles out of the battery.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 2020/02/18 at 11:02 PM.