• Lasts a week of more, might need 4x4, accomodation mostly self reliant

45 30.00%
  • As above, but also requires navigation/mapreading

16 10.67%
  • As above, requires map reading/navigation, accomodation irrelevant

21 14.00%
  • As above, but must cross a country border

17 11.33%
  • As above, but requires full self reliance. Incudes unmapped terrain/areas with no roads

39 26.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: What is overlanding?

In 2015 I did a tour in southern Namibia rigged out for wild camping which I did on 3 occations and the rest in different camping sites en-route. Was I overlanding NO was I on a tour to see the area YES. I went through Botswana from South Africa and into Namibia but in my opinion it was a tour. Overlanding is an unplanned not pre booked trip where you have a certain destination in mind and it will take you a month or more maybe years to complete without a definite planned route to take and your next step on route is taken a day or two before you are there. Even the trucks with all their "overlanding"passengers Are on a tour if it has been planned and pre booked. They call it overlanding to make it sound more butch for the people that book these trips. I have on my wishlist a goon overland trip not a tour I can fit into my annual holiday.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly AND FOR THE SAME REASON
    Save the rhino kill a poacher
    Dung beetles have right of way
    2006 DISCO 3 TDV6 HSE sold
    1998 Disco I V8 Bought it back Sold again.
    1973 Series IIA 109 (Jorrie)
    1974 Series III S/W modified Ford V6 Defender box. Body work (Sold)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shemula For This Useful Post:

My 2Rw .

These adventure travel and 4x4 holidays have become beset with hyperbole and possible exaggeration of the difficulties involved, despite an ever-improving world travel infrastructure. I suspect that it is just as well to borrow some well-accepted definitions for clearer understanding of what we are referring to. Or is this just all too much navel-gazing?

These definitions have been borrowed from the Expedition Portal (https://expeditionportal.com/) site, the Overland Journal (https://overlandjournal.com/) and Wikipedia.

ROAD TRIP: Is a long-distance journey on the road. Typically, road trips are long distances travelled by automobile.
    CAR CAMPING: Traveling in a vehicle to an established campground. If there is a picnic table there, it is probably car camping - vehicle-based camping.
    BACKCOUNTRY ADVENTURE: A backcountry adventure has the goal of exploring the outdoors or traveling on technical terrain for shorter distances, often only one day. These trips are for the personal enjoyment of exploring, testing the vehicle or equipment. Backcountry adventures can be a day or more in length and include camping. All day-long trips would qualify as a backcountry adventure, and most 2-3 trips will as well. In South Africa this is often referred to as a bush camping trip.
    OVERLANDING: is the self-reliant adventure travel to remote destinations where the journey is the primary goal. Typically, but not exclusively, accommodated by mechanized off-highway capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping; often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and often spanning international boundaries.
    VEHICLE-DEPENDENT EXPEDITION: An organized, vehicle-dependent journey often over bad roads to remote destinations; with a defined purpose, often exploratory, geographic or scientific in nature.
    EXPEDITION VEHICLE: A 4WD vehicle or adventure motorcycle prepared for self-reliant travel over long distances, through unpredictable weather and over variable terrain.

DEFINITION OF OVERLANDING FROM THE EXPEDITION PORTAL SITE.
    Adapted from the Wikipedia entry authored by Graham Jackson (Director, Overland Training) and Jonathan Hanson (Executive Editor, Overland Journal).

Overlanding is the self-reliant adventure travel to remote destinations where the journey is the primary goal. Typically, but not exclusively, accommodated by mechanized off-highway capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping; often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and often spanning international boundaries. While expedition is defined as a journey with a purpose, overlanding sees the journey as the purpose.
    Technical terrain can be encountered throughout the journey, and the traveller may even seek out the most challenging route to a destination as part of their experience, but overland travel is not the same as recreational “four-wheeling”, where the primary objective is overcoming challenging obstacles. The critical point to the term overland travel is that the purpose is to seek out at least two or more of the following:
    1. Remote locations,
    2. Other cultures than your own,
    3. Under-explored or under-documented regions,
    4. Being self-reliant in unfamiliar territories for multiple days, weeks or months.
    That is to say, an overnight trip to the local mountains on a well-documented route and staying in an established campground with full-hook-ups is not an overland adventure, it is a backcountry adventure or at the very least, car camping.

1. Primary purpose: Exploration and adventure travel.
    2. Duration: Typically, a week to many years. Can be only a few days if the route is particularly remote, challenging and infrequently travelled.
    3. Logistics: Detailed planning is required for environmental, geographic and geopolitical contingencies.
    4. Route Finding: Navigation can be easy or complicated, though many areas may have no mapping detail available, requiring extensive research.
    5. Camping: Remote camping. Some travellers may use a self-contained unit due to weather conditions, security concerns or duration of travel, though most will camp in a roof tent or high-quality ground tent. There also may be limited camping available (like in many parts of Asia), requiring use of local accommodations, hostels, etc.
    6. International Borders: Often includes crossing of international borders. Some over-landers may cross dozens of borders in a trip.
    7. Risk: Moderate risk to personnel and equipment due to security issues or the extreme remoteness and difficulty of the journey.
    8. Terrain: Terrain can vary depending on environmental and use conditions, but can be highly technical in the jungles and remote deserts. The vehicle and driver must be prepared for these unknowns.

DEFINITION OF BACKCOUNTRY ADVENTURE (SOUTH AFRICA – BUSH TRIP) FROM THE EXPEDITION PORTAL SITE.
    A backcountry adventure has the goal of exploring the outdoors or traveling on technical terrain for shorter distances, often only one day. These trips are for the personal enjoyment of exploring, testing the vehicle or equipment. Backcountry adventures can be a day or more in length and include camping. All day-long trips would qualify as a backcountry adventure, and most 2-3 trips will as well.

1. Primary purpose: Fun or vehicle/equipment testing and skills training.
    2. Duration: One day to several days.
    3. Logistics: Minimal planning is required, and the trip can often benefit from less planning (i.e spontaneity)
    4. Route Finding: Navigation is easy, typically on known routes that are well documented
    5. Camping: Remote or established campgrounds
    6. International Borders: Rarely includes crossing of international borders
    7. Risk: Low risk to personnel, moderate risk to equipment on more challenging tracks.
    8. Terrain: Backcountry travel often includes challenging trails as part of the adventure.

Vehicle-Dependent Expedition:

A vehicle-dependent expedition has a purpose beyond the journey itself. Expectations for what constitutes an expedition have relaxed from the days of Shackleton and Hillary and there are several criteria that can aid in defining an undertaking as an expedition, and make use of the term more credible. This is easily accomplished by defining a few goals along the trip that serve a greater purpose beyond our own enjoyment of the adventure.

1. Primary purpose: Exploration in support of geographic, scientific or humanitarian endeavours.
    2. Duration: Typically, several weeks to many years.
    3. Logistics: Detailed planning is required for environmental, geographic and geopolitical contingencies.
    4. Route Finding: Navigation can be highly complicated, and many areas may have no mapping detail available, requiring extensive research and/or support from the local population.
    5. Camping: Accommodations will range from remote camping to hostels due to weather conditions, security concerns or duration of travel. There also may be limited camping available, requiring use of local accommodations, hostels, military and church grounds, etc.
    6. International Borders: Often includes crossing of multiple international borders.
    7. Risk: Moderate to severe risk to personnel and equipment due to security issues or the extreme remoteness and difficulty of the journey.

Jonathan Hanson (Executive Editor, Overland Journal) has contributed addition criteria. An expedition should comprise one of the following, two or more preferred.

1. A journey with a higher purpose—undertaken, for example, to increase scientific knowledge, promote conservation, or render humanitarian aid.
    2. A journey that includes a significant risk factor, whether due to remoteness, environmental factors, or terrorist/military/criminal activity, for example.
    3. A journey of exploration to an unknown or little-known area. Essentially a higher purpose as in number one.
    4. A journey by difficult means—bicycling rather than driving; sea kayaking rather than sailing, for example. Not to be confused with stunts, although there may be grey area in many cases. Using a particular means of transportation simply because it’s more difficult taints the effort. The choice of more primitive transport needs to enhance the journey in some way. Traveling by bicycle, for example, is quieter and uses far less fossil fuel.

Traditional Vehicle:
    The traditional method of preparing an expedition vehicle is to start with a robust platform, like a Land Cruiser, and fit strong, reliable components like heavy bumpers, winches, roof racks, roof tents, excess capacity fuel and water, comprehensive kitchen kits and elaborate storage solutions. There is a reason this is the most common form of overland configuration, because it presents the least amount of compromise between camp comforts and rugged track performance. Traveling months or even years with these configurations in not uncommon. This is by far the most common method of vehicle-based.

Pros:

1. Typically fitted with roof tents, camp set-up is easy and fast. The tent is highly durable and can last decades of use, and remains clean due to lack of contact with the ground.
    2. Camp kitchens can be elaborate, as well hygiene systems (toilet, hot water shower with enclosure, etc), which can be an advantage in groups traveling together or when camping in populated, but rural areas.
    3. Roof racks and trailers are also typically used, which increases capacity for additional equipment and other toys like kayaks, mountain bikes, etc.

Cons:

1. Trucks are typically pushing GVW, making them less efficient, and more difficult to manage in technical terrain, sand dunes and deep mud.
    2. The extensive camp kit requires longer set-up and tear-down times and more distraction servicing and repairing the complex electronics and water systems.
    3. Additional expense and complexity.
    4. This will further be defined with a detailed article from Graham and Connie Jackson

Self-Contained Camper:
    The self-contained camper serves the full-time overlander, or couples who travel for extended distances or durations. The camper allows for security and comforts impossible with traditional SUVs and trucks, however, all self-contained campers are a compromise in technical terrain, and when attempting to travel through villages and cities outside of the US.

Pros:

1. You have your home with you, which includes a shower, heater, built-in kitchen and a large, comfortable bed.
    2. The most suitable to extreme weather and prolonged periods of rain and cold.
    3. Excellent security, especially with a pass-through.
    4. Chris Scott added the following: “Another pro: folding/inflatable kayaks, mountain bikes and motos can be securely stored and also trucks are built tough; it’s hard to exceed the GVWR or mash the suspension (at least with the ones I’m thinking of). I think the high windows are also a significant security aspect of this type of vehicle. It’s the problem with a regular 5-door SUV like the TLC above. A pass-through is much more a convenience that a security feature IMO, though many people think about it in those terms in the planning stage.”

Cons:

1. You have a house attached to your truck. (i.e. cabinetry, appliances, complex systems, etc.)
    2. Limited accessibility to remote areas and challenging terrain. Many towns in developing countries are not accessible to these vehicles. (this can be solved with an attached motorcycle).
    3. High cost to purchase and operate. This will be further defined with a detailed article from Douglas and Stephanie Hackney

Note: Smaller self-contained units: There are smaller units that are less of a compromise in technical terrain and in small villages.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    A while back, an old Tannie took a trip with her old Toyota Conquest, I think to Kenya or something, or even further??

Vehicle of choice also doesn't matter here - it can be a Tazz, a Unimog, a 200VX, motor cycle, scooter (many do it on scooters and small bikes), heck even a boat/canoe, I guess?
    These are important issues.

Yes the tannie did drive with her Tazz, but she followed a much easier and do-able route than Stan Weakley during his epic Slow Donkey trip. I think this is something that people who has not been much further than Botswana fail to grasp: there are usually many options to get from A to B in Africa: the one can take you a day in a Tazz, the other may take you a week and require a really rugged strong 4x4. There is also a German lady Lilly, who has been driving her old 80 series through Africa now for at least 2 years IIRC. Stan, the Tazz tannie and Lilly are epitomes of the very vague construct of overlanding in my books.

Although the poll says 'overlanding is a trip by car', I don't quite agree with that. It can indeed be motor cycle, bike, car, 4x4 or 4x2. The choice of transport will in large part determine the route and vice versa.

So if I can thumb suck: for me the essence of overlanding, despite mode of transport, is the following: the journey and experience rather than the destination; self reliance in which one's mode of transport plays a pivotal role and the further off the main route you go, the more important reliance on the vehicle will be; experiencing local cultures, customs and food; be entirely dependent on stocking up on local supplies in markets (thus not dragging 4 fridges of Woolies meat from SA); an extended time period; several border crossings.

Something else mentioned was the unplanned nature of the trip. Also don't agree with that. Going further north than Botswana and far into East and Central Africa takes months upon months of research. Main aspect is the rainy season there which cause certain routes to become impassable and parks cut off for weeks on end. Also fuel availability, water and food availability, medical help, border crossing paper work, etc. demands that research be done thoroughly.

Maybe we should rather think of overlanding in levels or degrees, where the lowest level is basically the gravel road trip either within in SA and/or including the developed and easy going countries like Namibia and Botswana. And the highest level a trip like Stan's Slow Donkey. Then every one can be happy However the lines between the levels will always be blurred.

Main thing is to get the right vehicle for whatever level of 'tripping' you find yourself on, be prepared, do your research, don't over-kit or fall for the hype sold by fitment centers. Go out to do it with what you have within the limits of your experience, knowledge and capability of your mode of transport. Learn and see what works.

Slow Donkey blog is not up and running any longer. But the following threads makes interesting reading on the concept of extended, self reliant travel.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...rland-journeys

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...d-Stan-Weakley
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/02/17 at 08:44 AM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hermine View Post
    But what is overlanding? Who cares? Why do we need a distinction? Is it just to be able to wear the badge?
    Yes, these days people feel they need to stand out. Many people feel subconsciously insecure and "wearing badges" makes them feel more adequate. It is seen as way cooler to overland than going on a journey or simply travel.
    Plus, it allows you to display the gadgets and equipment, which a lot of people probably don't even know how to use properly.
    Instead of taking the family on a journey through Botswana and Namibia during the school holidays by car or double cab or SUV, people now overland in their "rig" or "truck".
    Now the definition of a truck is something like "a large, heavy motor vehicle carrying goods, material or troops". Large and heavy are certainly relative terms, but on a scale of 0 - 40+ tons even a 79 series LC is a relative lightweight.
    But each to their own.
    I don't think that people like Kingsley Holgate started out with the goal of becoming an "overlander". They simply did what they wanted or needed to do.
    They were labeled overlanders or explorers by others because they didn't see that label as a badge of honor. To them it's a life style.
    If one wants to see overlanding as a badge, then calling one self an overlander is the same as African Presidents having roads and places named after them during their life time.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HugoNotte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AboutAfrica View Post
    I actually use 99.9% of the crap bolted to my car
    Yes, but people like you bolt crap onto their car because of necessity. You didn't go to Cymot, whipped out the credit card and told them to bolt crap onto your car that looks cool until the card's limit has been reached.
    You probably have been on a trip and thought "it would make my life easier if I added that" or "I could go further if I had this".
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

When you tow something, you are going camping😜

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6.
    2003 Jeep Cherokee 2.4 - Surprisingly capable
    1996 Suzuki Samurai - work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    I so want to agree with you.... but oddly it was a statement you made that prompted me to start this thread. Please don’t take it as personal or an attack, it’s all in the spirit of understanding people’s views.

I agree that outright off-road prowess is more important on the trails and in 4x4 contests than for overlanding. I also agree that space and practicality are very important to overlanding. Running costs should also be considered.

............ but, I don’t think 4x4 ability is any less important overlanding than it is on the trails. I do think overlanding should involve a high probability of serious off road terrain where you can’t always avoid the obstacle, and then articulation and other “4x4” items become important, especially since you need to tackle this with a fully laden car. In a 4x4 completions you carry no weight.

that’s why I don’t see the Jeep Wrangler as a good overlander, even though it’s an excellent 4x4.

The cruiser and defender however, I feel are excellent overlanders, as well as 4x4 vehicles. But in the other thread you dismissed them due to a lack of space, and suggested they are more suited to 4x4 tracks.

I still think there needs to be a differentian between exploring on known roads, where mostly 4x4 is just for peace of mind, and Overlanding.
    I agree the wrangler specifically is the type of vehicle that you would purchase if you're main goal is 4x4, competitions etc.

For my personal needs, i chose the everest. I still dont see a defender or cruiser for me as a practical overlander. Their consumption is too high, and their space too limited, and the 5000km service interval is a pain on a 8000km trip

You need to understand the everest is a highly capable vehicle and 4x4. I've done extensive trips with her far off the beaten track for weeks at a time, and drove all the same obstacles as everyone else. Consumption is thus critical. So is service intervals. So is packing space

You also need to keep in mind not everyone can afford a prado where space etc wouldnt be a concern.

My personal opinion is and remains if you have R150K for a 2nd hand vehicle i would personally go for a newer with lower mileage suv or bakkie over a much older with higher mileage defender/cruiser/patrol

Quote Originally Posted by HugoNotte View Post
    Yes, these days people feel they need to stand out. Many people feel subconsciously insecure and "wearing badges" makes them feel more adequate. It is seen as way cooler to overland than going on a journey or simply travel.
    Plus, it allows you to display the gadgets and equipment, which a lot of people probably don't even know how to use properly......
    Fair comment.

I am sad to observe, that the wider one's arc of travel within Africa extends, the more it is predominantly relatively well-heeled South Africans that travel with extravagantly over-equipped rigs, towing and in large groups and convoys. This is sad as they will at times refer to themselves as overlanding or on an expedition, when in fact because of their numbers and their equipment, they have largely distanced themselves from the local people and the environment.

Just saying.
    Last edited by Stan Weakley; 2020/02/17 at 09:59 AM.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Fair comment.

I am sad to observe, that the wider one's arc of travel within Africa extends, the more it is predominantly relatively well-heeled South Africans that travel with extravagantly over-equipped rigs, towing and in large groups and convoys. This is sad as they will at times refer to themselves as overlanding or on an expedition, when in fact because of their numbers and their equipment, they have largely distanced themselves from the local people and the environment.

Just saying.
    Very good comment. Pls post your travel blog link here so that people can read what an Overlanding trip is all about.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

When I go on holiday I send out an e-mail informing people that I'll be "overlanding to the outback" and not be available on my phone.
    My phone is then put on "aeroplane mode" and the kids know to contact us via their mom's phone.
    So my definition of overlanding is when my car is overloaded and my Echo Chobe is dragged behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip72 View Post
    When you tow something, you are going camping��
    While we do tow, I absolutely agree with you. And it ties in with Stan's comment as well. I have never seen our style of travelling as overlanding nor felt the need to brand it as such even though some of our trips included several criteria from the poll. Despite the caravan our set up is much simpler and basic than some fully kitted single vehicles. All my towing vehicles for the past 10 years was stock standard except for aftermarket shocks on one, we travel light, stock up as we go along.

We have gone very far with the caravan, but that experience made it abundantly clear to me that one gets to a point were you cannot and should not attempt to go with something in tow. We almost reached that limit in Kafue. There are areas in Namibia I will also not attempt while towing although some has for whatever reason. Maybe to get the 'badge'.

Those groups Stan are referring to is the opposite of overlanding and they generally miss the point of why they bashed their way to where they find themselves, completely. But we might be wandering OT slightly now as the thread really does not have much to do with the merit of towing or not.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/02/17 at 10:50 AM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Does it matter what you drive!

My choices for overlanding is based to get there and back without wasting any time on vehicle repairs, and as little as possible time getting stuck going to places, and obviously a comfortable camp. So its a well equipped reliable 4x4.
    Johan Kriel

LCs, Hilux and Echo Chobe

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

For me, overlanding is what I (as in me, myself, I )

wants it to be.

I could care less what the next bloke wants it to be.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:

What is Overlanding? Overlanding is whatever you want it to be.

Each to their own, time spent arguing over definitions is (usually) time wasted...
    Last edited by WildThingCT; 2020/02/17 at 12:58 PM.
    2017 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Raider 4X4 M/T D/C

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WildThingCT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingCT View Post
    Time spent arguing over definitions is time wasted.
    Ja mebbe, but better than time spent arguing politics, local or Trump.

I think it is a good trend for most of us to be able to know what is generally meant by overlanding so that we all sing from the same hymnbook. Agree not worth arguing about though!
    Landcruiser 76SW.

Overlanding is for me to be in remote places were you normally will not be were their is now mauls geen mense wat kla oor jou boma wat rook waar jy innie natuur is net jou self weer vind waar jy kan op pak en gaan waar en wanneer jy wil , en nie in kompentiesie is wie ry die grootse en strekte voertuig nie jy doen overlanding omdat jy wil

It is subjective.

Rough camping for me is when my B&B or hotel room does not have an aircon and dstv.

When I visit Afrikaburn I sleep in my SUV, the camp has toilets and showers.

I can honestly not give 2 hoots whether I am overlanding, roadtripping or adventure driving...
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hermine View Post
    I agree the wrangler specifically is the type of vehicle that you would purchase if you're main goal is 4x4, competitions etc.
    I dont quite agree. Smaller vehicles can be quite liberating, after all, like work and time, equipment expands to fill the space available. From a design perspective, those types of Jeeps are well suited for both ''overlanding'', touring or doing trails. It is, a good General Purpose vehicle
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

Reading some of the posts, it appears that ''Overlanding'' has been reduced to a time extended camping trip due to everyone following the same, now well worn routes.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I dont quite agree. Smaller vehicles can be quite liberating, after all, like work and time, equipment expands to fill the space available. From a design perspective, those types of Jeeps are well suited for both ''overlanding'', touring or doing trails. It is, a good General Purpose vehicle
    Do i look like someone that pitches camp to you?

I sleep in my car. The wrangler is a tad to short for me

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast