Namaqua 4x4 Eco Trail - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Namaqua 4x4 Eco Trail

Here is the details to book
    Wilma James
    Namakwa 4x4 Eco Trail
    Cell: 081 8739043
    Email: [email protected]

I have done it in December, Everybody warned me about the heat that time of year.. We were lucky and max was 35 the one day. It was a great trip. Maps they give and signs on route is very bad.. Tracks 4 Africa was accurate and we never got lost or joined a wrong route. Enjoy the trip.
    Respect the Horn

2018 Hilux 2.8 GD6
    2012 Fortuner 2.5
    2012 Conqueror Courage

Just got back after a couple of days on the trail. It is the 3rd time I have done the route, first time with family and trailer and at a much slower pace than previous occasions.

2 things.

1. Ramansdrift had way more people than was supposed to be there. We payed a load of money to camp next to people that just pitched. Honestly they did not bother me, I believe "the right thing to do" on this route is very grey. I pay as I know you have to, but not because there is any maintenance done to route marking. I do not expect cleaning or upkeep of camps, or the repair of routes. However to limit damage to eco system they can put new markers on the route. In ay places there is 3-5 lane choices and on the GPS you will not know which one is the "correct one".

2. There was a locked gate on the Pelladrift - Klein Pella section. New lock and chain. Alternative route needed to be found. We followed the route map and directions as mailed to us by Namakwa 4x4. T4A was also spot on. It even says keep gate closed on the route info. Don't know if somebody was just up to stirr or anti to the trail.
    Baccalaureus: Toerkunde en Braai
    Land Cruiser 4500 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Tau View Post
    Just got back after a couple of days on the trail. It is the 3rd time I have done the route, first time with family and trailer and at a much slower pace than previous occasions.

2 things.

1. Ramansdrift had way more people than was supposed to be there. We payed a load of money to camp next to people that just pitched. Honestly they did not bother me, I believe "the right thing to do" on this route is very grey. I pay as I know you have to, but not because there is any maintenance done to route marking. I do not expect cleaning or upkeep of camps, or the repair of routes. However to limit damage to eco system they can put new markers on the route. In ay places there is 3-5 lane choices and on the GPS you will not know which one is the "correct one".

2. There was a locked gate on the Pelladrift - Klein Pella section. New lock and chain. Alternative route needed to be found. We followed the route map and directions as mailed to us by Namakwa 4x4. T4A was also spot on. It even says keep gate closed on the route info. Don't know if somebody was just up to stirr or anti to the trail.

1. The topic have been discussed in the past with some saying that they don't see the need for paying or booking as there is no control. We have already seen the situation starting some time ago and eventualy it will get out of hand. It is already impacting the experience of the trail as you have mentioned.

2. I am apologize for your experience at the Pella/Klein Pella gate. We had to isolate the farm and rushed to get a sign in place at the Pella junction, but the sign was only put up 2 days later, you must have passed through in that time. The farm was closed for all visitors to isolate it so that we could continue with food production.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2