ZF Oil Service Special this Valentine's Day - R3000 incl VAT - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: ZF Oil Service Special this Valentine's Day - R3000 incl VAT

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoFrans View Post
    Nico,
    Does the 8 spd get a new filter?

In the past you supplied oil and filter at special price while the drain special was on for people far away from your service centres....is it still available?

Regards
    Good day, yes correct the oil service special includes the oil and filter/sump assembly. Please send me a pm with your email address/contact number then we can discuss a solution. Regards Nico
    ZF Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    170 Herman Street, Meadowdale, Ext. 3, Germiston
    P.O.Box 2098, Kempton Park, 1620

Nico Eksteen
    Supervisor - Passenger Vehicles
    Phone:011 457 0005
    Cell: 082 776 2757
    Email: [email protected]
    http://www.zf.com/za

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Ok confirmed double flush was done 18 March 2018. Is it advisavle to do the R3000 excl vat one?
    It all depends on the mileage you did in 2 years. If you did more than 60 000 - 80 000km since the last transmission oil service it would definitely be beneficial in the long run to do a service again.

Nico Eksteen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZF Services South Africa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZF Services South Africa View Post
    It all depends on the mileage you did in 2 years. If you did more than 60 000 - 80 000km since the last transmission oil service it would definitely be beneficial in the long run to do a service again.
    Should hit 60 000 late next year so will do in 2022 with another valentines special.
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Thanks, Nico, did my 8 speed D4 on Monday 17 Feb, all seems well

Mine had 84 000 km's on the clock.

And didn't even take long.

Note : Take a charging cable for your phone, there are powered USB ports in the waiting room.
    Discovery 1 1995 V8i 3.9l (Sold, owned for 20 years); Freelander 2 2013 SD4 SE; Discovery 4 2014 SDV6 SE; Bushlapa Boskriek

My D4 is now on 145000km so a oil replacement is probably due. What would be the best realistic option ito preventative maintenance? Just oil replacement (aka R3k job) or a double flush?

ps.. anyone have another number for the Bellville branch. Their 950 nr seems to be not working.
    Last edited by George; 2020/02/20 at 10:14 AM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

I booked my D3 in for the R3k service this morning in CPT, I ended up phoning the workshop manager afterwards and asking for the double flush at R4500 and to also replace oil in the transfer case.

oil is oily and made to stick to things, we replacing the oil for a reason - lets me sure we replace everything

R1500 is cheaper than a gearbox
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I booked my D3 in for the R3k service this morning in CPT, I ended up phoning the workshop manager afterwards and asking for the double flush at R4500 and to also replace oil in the transfer case.

oil is oily and made to stick to things, we replacing the oil for a reason - lets me sure we replace everything

R1500 is cheaper than a gearbox
    My thought as well. Rather do the job thoroughly.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

There phones are down... or have so for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

My 2005 D3 V8 is there now for a new torque converter / gearbox overhaul.

What is your currently milage on your D3?, I was warned not to do the double flush if the gearbox had more than 160 000km as this can cause slipping with the new oil

I went ahead at 200 000km as I'm fanatical about changing and replacing oils on time etc.

The gearbox was silky smooth for 5000km -7000km and then the fun started with slipping, I added 2 tubes of DR tranny which also worked for a few thousand KM and eventually at 224000km it needed a new torque converter and a gearbox once over.

Hopefully you don't go down the route that i've been down with this as its not cheap... but at least it will be sorted and as good as new with a 1 year warranty. I opted to go this route as I plan on keeping my vehicle for a fairly long time.

I would suggest chatting to Ruan as he knows everything there is to know about these gearboxes.

Email him: [email protected]

Regards

Craig

ZF Cape Town are having endless problems with their telephone lines. Telkom are busy trying to fix it.You can contact Ruan Swanepoel of the Passenger Car division directly on 082 776 2745 or [email protected]

Nico Eksteen

Dankie, ek het hom gekontak.

My D3 was at CT ZF yesterday, on Ruan's recommendation as well, they did the double flush, they also did the transfer case oil for me

Very happy with the service, and you can feel the difference, hardly notice gear changes

D3 is on 230 000km at the moment - like i said Ruan/ZF recommended the double flush on the disco's, i'm going to trust them - but i can assure you if i run into gearbox issues like yours it won't go down well.
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    My D3 was at CT ZF yesterday, on Ruan's recommendation as well, they did the double flush, they also did the transfer case oil for me

Very happy with the service, and you can feel the difference, hardly notice gear changes

D3 is on 230 000km at the moment - like i said Ruan/ZF recommended the double flush on the disco's, i'm going to trust them - but i can assure you if i run into gearbox issues like yours it won't go down well.

Cool Stretch, I seriously hope so for your sake that it remains silky smooth, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZF Services South Africa View Post
    Why not give your car some love this Valentineís DayÖthe ZF type of love with a transmission service?

Have you ever noticed just how well your vehicle treats you? Just think about it: Your car gets up with you every morning without hesitation, allows you to always pick the restaurant (OK, drive-thru), and constantly keeps you warm and safe. Yes, our vehicles certainly show us a lot of love, and thatís why we at ZF believe itís always good to show them a little love in return, in order to keep up the healthy relationship.

Whether youíre single or involved this Valentineís Day, consider spoiling your car by doing a transmission service. Because isnít that what Valentineís Day is really about? Preventing problems from arising in the relationship? (Between car and driver, of courseÖ)

Transmission services Ė Regular transmission maintenance will cut down on your need for future mechanical repairs, as well as allow you to drive as safely and economically as possible. If you suspect an oil leak or want to find out if itís time for a transmission service, donít hesitate to bring your vehicle in to ZF for a diagnostic test and oil quality inspection Ė you donít want to try this one on your own.

ZF is hosting a Valentines Service Special from the 14th of February 2020, and ZF will continue the love until the end of March 2020 to assure that everyone receives a piece of the ZF love.

The service price will be R3000 incl VAT for all ZF 6 speed and 8 speed transmissions.

ZF Services South Africa
    Where can I have this service done as I reside in Nelspruit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2