ZF Oil Service Special this Valentine's Day - R3000 incl VAT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ZF Oil Service Special this Valentine's Day - R3000 incl VAT

Why not give your car some love this Valentineís DayÖthe ZF type of love with a transmission service?

Have you ever noticed just how well your vehicle treats you? Just think about it: Your car gets up with you every morning without hesitation, allows you to always pick the restaurant (OK, drive-thru), and constantly keeps you warm and safe. Yes, our vehicles certainly show us a lot of love, and thatís why we at ZF believe itís always good to show them a little love in return, in order to keep up the healthy relationship.

Whether youíre single or involved this Valentineís Day, consider spoiling your car by doing a transmission service. Because isnít that what Valentineís Day is really about? Preventing problems from arising in the relationship? (Between car and driver, of courseÖ)

Transmission services Ė Regular transmission maintenance will cut down on your need for future mechanical repairs, as well as allow you to drive as safely and economically as possible. If you suspect an oil leak or want to find out if itís time for a transmission service, donít hesitate to bring your vehicle in to ZF for a diagnostic test and oil quality inspection Ė you donít want to try this one on your own.

ZF is hosting a Valentines Service Special from the 14th of February 2020, and ZF will continue the love until the end of March 2020 to assure that everyone receives a piece of the ZF love.

The service price will be R3000 incl VAT for all ZF 6 speed and 8 speed transmissions.

ZF Services South Africa
    ZF Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
    170 Herman Street, Meadowdale, Ext. 3, Germiston
    P.O.Box 2098, Kempton Park, 1620

Nico Eksteen
    Supervisor - Passenger Vehicles
    Phone:011 457 0005
    Cell: 082 776 2757
    Email: [email protected]
    http://www.zf.com/za

Default Re: ZF Oil Service Special this Valentine's Day - R3000 incl VAT

Would have been nice if ZF Cape Town did this - they know nothing about a special
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Would have been nice if ZF Cape Town did this - they know nothing about a special
    They never do!
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Have you guys called them ? What are they quoting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent 1 View Post
    Have you guys called them ? What are they quoting ?
    No i didnt this time...last year i booked it in and similar special was run in April but CT charged me the usual R6.5k if i recall correctly.
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No i didnt this time...last year i booked it in and similar special was run in April but CT charged me the usual R6.5k if i recall correctly.
    The special is only for a normal drain, filter and refill. This is not for the double flush option from which Cape Town might have upselled due to more oil being used and more labour hours spent on the job. All 3 ZF Service centres (JHB, DBN, CPT) run the exact same special at the same time. So it must have been a mistake on their side or a double flush that was done. You are welcome to send me your invoice and I will look into the matter, if ZF is in the wrong we will gladly give you a refund for the balance overpaid! Regards Nico

Nico Eksteen

Quote Originally Posted by ZF Services South Africa View Post
    The special is only for a normal drain, filter and refill. This is not for the double flush option from which Cape Town might have upselled due to more oil being used and more labour hours spent on the job. All 3 ZF Service centres (JHB, DBN, CPT) run the exact same special at the same time. So it must have been a mistake on their side or a double flush that was done. You are welcome to send me your invoice and I will look into the matter, if ZF is in the wrong we will gladly give you a refund for the balance overpaid! Regards Nico
    Thanks for the response. I think and will check if its the double flush option. Must look for that invoice though. Will confirm once found.
    Last edited by Shade; 2020/02/12 at 03:51 PM.
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

So no, i don't agree with that, i phoned CT yesterday after seeing this post and they knew nothing about the special (similar to how you neglected to comment on my post about them not knowing about the special)
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Nico please confirm if this flush is through your machine or simply the drain scenario where the Torque Converter remains full of old oil.

Many thanks - Marco
    Every dog has its day, and those with broken tails have their weak-ends...

1976 CJ-7, 400CI + Holley EFI, Tera-Low 3,15:1 twin stick, ARB's front & rear, oil leaks & plenty more....

All my other petrol burners are boring....

So i phoned CT again;

no there is no special not even on a flush, maybe next month

I asked him to please call JHB because according to them JHB, CT and DBN has a special starting on the 14th for R3000 for a drain and fill

oh yes that yeh we can do that its R3000 but its just a drain and filters and refill, for R4500 we do all that but pump another 10 liters of oil through the box
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

So i phoned CT again;

no there is no special not even on a flush, maybe next month

I asked him to please call JHB because according to them JHB, CT and DBN has a special starting on the 14th for R3000 for a drain and fill

oh yes that yeh we can do that its R3000 but its just a drain and filters and refill, for R4500 we do all that but pump another 10 liters of oil through the box
    Hi Riaan, just got off the phone now with Ruan and he can recall the phone call. He was informed accordingly on Monday already, might have caught him off guard as they are just 3 guys in the workshop at the moment. Apologies for that. But yes all 3x branches are running the exact same special of R3000 incl VAT as of 14 Feb until 31 March. Regards Nico

Nico Eksteen

Hi Riaan, just got off the phone now with Ruan and he can recall the phone call. He was informed accordingly on Monday already, might have caught him off guard as they are just 3 guys in the workshop at the moment. Apologies for that. But yes all 3x branches are running the exact same special of R3000 incl VAT as of 14 Feb until 31 March. Regards Nico
    So is the other 10l used a double flush scenario for R4500?
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Marcochezzi View Post
    Nico please confirm if this flush is through your machine or simply the drain scenario where the Torque Converter remains full of old oil.

Many thanks - Marco
    Hi Marco, no this is a drain and fill only. Not the flush. So we drain the old oil, replace the filter and fill with new oil again. There is maybe a liter in the torque converter that remains but if the box is still in a serviceable condition the remaining oil will have a negligible influence. Regards Nico

Nico Eksteen

Correct
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Hi Marco, no this is a drain and fill only. Not the flush. So we drain the old oil, replace the filter and fill with new oil again. There is maybe a liter in the torque converter that remains but if the box is still in a serviceable condition the remaining oil will have a negligible influence. Regards Nico

Hi Nico,

I don't have issues currently with the autobox in the disco3, is it then worth the extra R1500 to basically dilute the 1l thats left in the torque converter?
    X5 3.0d
    D3 V8 SE
    Lotus 7

Yes correct, CPT upsells with a double flush as they have the flushing machine with them. CPT asks R4500 excl VAT for the double flush.

Nico Eksteen

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ZF Services South Africa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Nico, I'm on 51K now, normal town driving, nothing hairy, is it too soon or should I go for it??
    Every dog has its day, and those with broken tails have their weak-ends...

1976 CJ-7, 400CI + Holley EFI, Tera-Low 3,15:1 twin stick, ARB's front & rear, oil leaks & plenty more....

All my other petrol burners are boring....

Hi Nico,

I don't have issues currently with the autobox in the disco3, is it then worth the extra R1500 to basically dilute the 1l thats left in the torque converter?
    If the transmission shifts fine and the oil quality is still decent then a double flush is not necessary in my opinion.

Nico Eksteen

Nico,
    Does the 8 spd get a new filter?

In the past you supplied oil and filter at special price while the drain special was on for people far away from your service centres....is it still available?

Regards
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Thanks for the response. I think and will check if its the double flush option. Must look for that invoice though. Will confirm once found.
    Ok confirmed double flush was done 18 March 2018. Is it advisavle to do the R3000 excl vat one?
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast