Hercules 20 power pack jurgens xt 140 etc camping trailers

Default Hercules 20 power pack jurgens xt 140 etc camping trailers

Maybe this will help someone out there. I saw a lot of guys wanting a wiring diagram for the hercules 20 power pack on trailers and caravans etc including myself.

Attached are the diagrams as recieved from the manufacturer themselves.

Note that this is not an inverter system it is only a battery charger and a mains distribution panel

Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Hercules 20 power pack jurgens xt 140 etc camping trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Steed5lh View Post
    Maybe this will help someone out there. I saw a lot of guys wanting a wiring diagram for the hercules 20 power pack on trailers and caravans etc including myself.Attached are the diagrams as recieved from the manufacturer themselves. Note that this is not an inverter system it is only a battery charger and a mains distribution panelHope this helps
    Thank you so very much. This is a very clear diagram.

Pleasure, glad i can help....as there is absolutely no info regarding this system on the web really.

Quote Originally Posted by Steed5lh View Post
    Pleasure, glad i can help....as there is absolutely no info regarding this system on the web really.
    Thanks Steed, is the Hercules the same as the Apollo?

I have no idea

One very important point to remember this is not an inteligent charger. It does not switch off when the battery reaches full state. If you leave it on your trailer / caravan permanently it will fry your battery.
    I have had a long discussion with him regarding the ins and outs of this system.

As an electrician I have been taught to always keep the live incoming on the top of a breaker/isolator/el.....

You also need to wire a 25 - 30A fuse to the battery out/input. It looks impressing from the outside but it is a very basic board
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

Just for interest sake, this is how i wired mine up last night.

I did not use any of the the hercules system 12v out connections as this does not have any way of keeping control of battery drainage.

I only used the 12v out 20amp oulet to go to the battery for charging when connected to mains.

I put in a 20amp solar charge controler wich connects to a 180w panel and has a 60amp fuse. My load i connected through my solar charge controller as this has overload and over consumption protection. So one goes directly from my controler to 3 12v hella plugs to give 12v power and the other i hooked up to a 700w 220v inverter just incase one needs 220v connection but dont have 220 mains connection available.

Thus now i can view my battery drainage and voltage and charging through my solar controller.

Hooked all this up to a 150ah deep cycle gel battery.

I think this should be a good setup for a few days off camping now and then.

Im using just a few LED lights around my trailer, charging phones etc. Maybe a fan or so etc. My fridge ill be running gas rather than 12v.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have also modified my Hercules quite a bit.

Right next to the mains input plug I fitted an additional 30A fuse that goes/ comes from the battery.
    All the existing fuses were used for hella, led, pump and fridge.
    The multi plug was discarded and a connector block fitted to the top to facilitate easy fitting and removal
    A volt amp gauge was fitted to monitor battery and a switch fitted to turn the display off when not used.
    10A MX 10 Intelligent charger replaced the normal charger that came as part of the board
    New 15A breaker fitted to charger circuit to switch charger off

I mainly used the enclosure and fuse holders as well as the 220 switchgear, why did I not replace the whole kaboodle...... I hate mounting fuse holders

Name:  IMG_20200206_172320.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  278.7 KB
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

Any mods, just as long as everything works lol. Adding a pic of my instalation. Finished it last night, evrything running smoothly😁
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_193222.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	338.4 KB 
ID:	557338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200206-WA0022.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	557339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_193313.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	557340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_193307.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	557341  

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post
    One very important point to remember this is not an inteligent charger. It does not switch off when the battery reaches full state. If you leave it on your trailer / caravan permanently it will fry your battery.
    I have had a long discussion with him regarding the ins and outs of this system.

As an electrician I have been taught to always keep the live incoming on the top of a breaker/isolator/el.....

You also need to wire a 25 - 30A fuse to the battery out/input. It looks impressing from the outside but it is a very basic board
    For this reason I totally bypassed the Hercules for charging the batteries as well as any 12V connections. In short, the Hercules is only used for managing the 220V power distribution when connected to mains. I installed an intelligent battery charger to charge the batteries and take all 12V feeds directly from the batteries using a single line running through a monitor so that I can monitor usage. From there the line is split to the various systems, each line with an in-line fuse of course.

Drive: Nissan Hardbody DC TD 16V 2007
    Camp with: Jurgens Xplorer 2010 with a couple of mods