2020 Isuzu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Isuzu

Default 2020 Isuzu

Does anyone know when Isuzu plan on launching the new Isuzu in SA?

Default Re: 2020 Isuzu

I have only heard rumors in the second half of this year sometime... Not even the dealers can give me a solid answer.
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)

They say it will arrive in the UK September or so, i think we'll get it around the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Will be interesting to see how well this model does.

I really like the new dash!
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts" : Bertrand Russell

2014 Nissan Navara 2.5 4x2
    1995 Nissan Sani 3.0 V6 4x4

When you see wild specials on the current model, then know the facelift is about 2 months away.
    It's been the case for all manufacturers for quite some time.

Very very nice.

I hope it comes soon, I won't be able to wait until September to get a new bakkie.

Clearly this BEAST OF MAGNIFICENCE will put to shame any Hilux / Ranger wannebe's..

Start the clock, 2 - 3 minutes before the masses arrive here to stone me after pressing the "submit reply" button.

Chill gents, just tongue-in-cheek, but it sure looks gooooood. Hehe.....

Wonder how long before my MUX also becomes the "previous model"? Not TIC.

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Wonder how long before my MUX also becomes the "previous model"?
    I was about to ask the same.. I’ve been googling for spy pics the past few months to no avail. Can’t wait!
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

It looks blerrie lekka, must look amazing in white. I WANT one.

Quote Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
    They say it will arrive in the UK September or so, i think we'll get it around the same time.
    I like the indicator lights away from the head lights. I know this the modern trend to have the indicator lights as part of the cluster but I hate it.
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

So one of the guys on the Isuzu facebook forum said he thinks it will only be in 2021 we might see this vehicle on our streets.

Isuzu Thailand are the first to get it due to it dominating the market over there.

We are not importing it so we still need to begin the production line and then still do local testing in our conditions and environment and make according changes.

I guess if someone really wants to be ahead of the pack they might need to import one themselves from Thailand, not sure how easy or not easy that is... AHAHA

I wonder if it will be available in Arctic AT35 version?

Hey Guys,

Let me just start by saying that I do not work for Isuzu South Africa. I am a new vehicle sales executive and I sell Isuzu's. In Port Elizabeth. I know a few people at the factory as well as a few of the Isuzu suppliers who have bought from me in the past. I must be honest no one is willing to share anything on this vehicle. They all have a really good poker face! I have heard this and that however whats fact or fiction is anyone's guess.

There is no official release date from Isuzu or any discussion regarding a release date. So we can only go on what we think may happen or speculate using some common sense. When the vehicle first surfaced (last year) we were told around 3 years. However we cannot overlook the idea that this will always be said to avoid lack of interest in the current model.

First off the production line for this vehicle must still be built. Isuzu SA will not import. Isuzu SA also has a history of making changes to the bakkies for the local market to ensure that they can stand up to our conditions. SA roads and conditions, along with our environment, are a lot more testing on a vehicle that the average overseas conditions. Isuzu refer to this as "localisation". For example the current model has 3 hinges in the tailgate while overseas models have 2. The cooling sytem, Air-Con, Air-Box etc are also tweaked for local conditions. Point is when the production line is done, and they run a few through to ensure all is good, they are no doubt still going to look into a few things for the local market. And test it proper.

Now I do know that local contractors have started working on this production line and did start in January or some even sooner. And they are trying to do this without affecting current production. But time wise is anyone's guess.

Isuzu SA have just released automatic options for the 250D-TEQ Hi-Rider range and we are also now getting a 300 Hi-Rider Double cab. This will be for a person who wants a 300 for pulling but does not need the luxuries of the 300LX. I do however expect this to be the last swan song for the current model. Once again my guess only.

So with this all in mind, and based on my own opinion only, I do not think we will be seeing this vehicle in our showroom for another 18 months at least. That will put the release in the 3rd quarter of next year.

I wish I am wrong. I do. To be 100% honest I hope I am. I cannot wait to have this vehicle on our floors.

I believe that Isuzu SA has the ability and means to bring it to our floor in 12 months from now however this cannot be banked on if they are not stating this.

So still a very long time for the new MU-X then
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

2016 Ford Ranger 4x4 Auto
    2010 Mitshubishi Pajero SWB - Sold
    2015 Toyota Fortuner Epic 4x4 Auto
    2014 Echo Kavango

" A meal without wine is called breakfast"

Isuzu Motors South Africa has confirmed local D-Max fans will have to wait until the second half of 2021 to purchase the new-generation version of the bakkie.
    The Japanese firm’s local arm made the announcement after expanding the current D-Max range with the addition of five new automatic variants. It said "upgrades and modifications" to its production plant in Port Elizabeth were underway, including the localisation of a "diverse set" of components and systems, the local sourcing of supplier and in-house tooling, and equipment and manufacturing facility modifications.
    "Our project launch team is working at an accelerated pace, and we anticipate that we will be ready to roll the first units off the production line during the second half of 2021,” said Dominic Rimmer, senior vice-president for technical operations at Isuzu Motors SA.
    "Our bakkies are locally engineered to meet the requirements of local and Sub-Saharan Africa markets, thus ensuring that our products maintain high quality standards, while retaining theirreputation for reliability, capability and durability,” Rimmer added.
    Revealed in Thailand in October 2019, the new D-Max – which, of course, was once known here in South Africa as the KB – is already being produced for export in that country.
    In November 2019, Isuzu Motors of Japan confirmed it planned to invest R1,2-billion into its South African operations to produce the new-generation bakkie locally, saying it intended to grow annual production at its Struandale factory in Port Elizabeth to 29 000 units per annum.
    As a reminder, the fresh-faced D-Max is powered by a “newly developed” version of the Japanese firm’s familiar 3,0-litre turbodiesel engine, with peak outputs hiked to 140 and 450 N.m. The next-generation Mazda BT-50 will, of course, share much with this new D-Max thanks to an agreement signed by the two companies in 2016.
    Interestingly, Isuzu Motors South Africa recently announced it had started supplying D-Max knocked-down kits for assembly purposes to its manufacturing facility in Kenya.
    Separately, Isuzu Motors SA said its D-Max sales volumes had increased 4,2 percent in 2019, thus growing its market share of the segment to 15,7 percent.

See Full Isuzu D-Max Double Cab price and specs here

https://www.carmag.co.za/news/new-is...-half-of-2021/

Oops, beat me to it..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast