2015 GWM Steed5 2.0 VGT brake problem

Default 2015 GWM Steed5 2.0 VGT brake problem

Hi guys, having some issues with my steed 5 2.0 vgt braking system, maybe some off you also encountered this before and give me some advice.

This only happens now and then (intermitanly).

When braking "softly" like when sunday cruising and sotly braking to slow down my brakes will "shudder". Even my brake pedal shudders, qnd it make a rather loud "Grrrrr" sound.

I checked all pad,, front still new, rear were F...cked! So i had the drums skimmed and pads replaced and replaced all springs etc with new brake kits.

So.....i thought it was because off the thin pads at the rear, but now it is doing it again intermittantly. The abs light also comes on intermittantly and goes off again some times......put on my diagnostics system and got a right rear abs sensor failure. Replaced that with a new sensor, still the error pops up from time to time, sometimes when it shudders like that the light will light up sometimes not.

Any thoughts on what this can be?

Default Re: 2015 GWM Steed5 2.0 VGT brake problem

Quote Originally Posted by Steed5lh View Post
    Hi guys, having some issues with my steed 5 2.0 vgt braking system, maybe some off you also encountered this before and give me some advice.

This only happens now and then (intermitanly).

When braking "softly" like when sunday cruising and sotly braking to slow down my brakes will "shudder". Even my brake pedal shudders, qnd it make a rather loud "Grrrrr" sound.

I checked all pad,, front still new, rear were F...cked! So i had the drums skimmed and pads replaced and replaced all springs etc with new brake kits.

So.....i thought it was because off the thin pads at the rear, but now it is doing it again intermittantly. The abs light also comes on intermittantly and goes off again some times......put on my diagnostics system and got a right rear abs sensor failure. Replaced that with a new sensor, still the error pops up from time to time, sometimes when it shudders like that the light will light up sometimes not.

Any thoughts on what this can be?
    Sounds like an ABS problem instead of a pad/disc problem.
    If you replaced the sensor and is still getting the same error I suspect damaged wires to the sensor.
    Willie

2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2020 Nissan NP300 2.5TDi S/C

Default Re: 2015 GWM Steed5 2.0 VGT brake problem

I also think its abs related, so i am having the abs system flushed en filled with new fluid next week, wil see what it does then