Long Range Fuel Tank for Discovery 4

Default Long Range Fuel Tank for Discovery 4

Good Evening all,

Thinking of swapping my Disco 4 SDV6 for a Disco 4 V8. Frontrunner used to offer a long range tank for the Disco 4 but it is not listed on their website anymore. Anyone aware of any other manufacturers that offer a long range tank for the Disco 4. I am aware that the spare wheel would have to move to a spare wheel carrier on the back. The V8 sounds perfect for me but range would be an issue with that small tank and higher mileage. Please advise.

Regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 *** 2015 Conqueror Companion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: Long Range Fuel Tank for Discovery 4

Hi, just keep in the mind that with the Carbon Canister for Emission control, fitting a Long Range tank on petrol has a bit more challenges than on the diesels (Ask me, I know). Contact Peter at Overlandworx (Landyworx) They used to manufacture a tank and as far as I could recall also sorted the breathing issues on the petrols
    Wynand
    2005 Discovery 3 HSE v8
    2002 Discovery II XS v8 (sold)
    1974 Chev K 25 (julle dink 'n v8 is dors)
    Land Rover - making mechanics from motorists since 1947 and electronic engineers since 1989!

Default Re: Long Range Fuel Tank for Discovery 4

Good morning

I agree with Dr Jones. I have a Frontrunner long range tank in my D4 V8 and I occasionally experience breather issues. From what I hear the Overlandworx tank is the one to go for. If I had the funding I would like to swop my Frontrunner tank for a Overlandworx.
    2011 Discovery 4 V8 HSE