Tips to new members!! - Page 13

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Tips to new members!!

Hi All , i am new to this community but i must say it has allready helped me alot , just to read the opinions of a few members.I drive a hilux and am still a member of the Hilux Club. I enjoy Overlanding and the odd 4x4 Track.I am looking to buy a Pajero Sport 2.5 5spd auto , hense to interest in the forums.

Default Re: Tips to new members!!

Hi guys and girls.My name is Hein and I am also new on the forum. This forum is already for a long time my daily "newspaper" Much better than all the bad news in the official media. I stay in Kimberley and my pride and joy is a Suzuki Jimny. The present modifications are a lift kit and recovery points from Wizerd and Amada schocks]. I love the outdoors and I am also a keen photographer. I will keep you posted.
    Regards

Hello to y'all of the 4x4 community!! My name is JP Strydom and I am very excited to be part of this massive chatroom!Thanks for the acceptance Admin!

I'm looking forward to chats/advice in the future. I currently don't own a 4x4...but I am surely planning on it in the not to distant future. I also enjoy all things mechanical and the greasier my hands and clothes get...the happier I become.

Regarding my future 4x4...thats a thread for an entirely new day....the comparisons, the pro's and the con's, the do's and the dont's...

But...first 'order of business', I was hoping to engage some experienced okes regarding rebuilds/restoration of older cars (1960's)...and seeing as I am indeed a Newbie and don't want to annoy anyone...any existing threads regarding this or do I start a new one?

Thanks again and looking forward to some amazing stories/advice/photos/memories.

Regards
    JP

Go to the home page. I.e. Big 4x4 community banner top left of your screen. Scroll down to "other diverse topics". There you will find a tab about restoration. Go have a look there and if there isn't any threads there to your specific niche you can start a new thread there.
    2016 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT D/C 4x2 Mt
    2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS D/C 4x2 Mt (Sold)
    2006 Ford Ranger 2.5 XLT D/C 4x2 Mt (Sold)

"Yes" is the answer.
    Beer was the question.

Thanks Wikus...will do!!

Ciao

good day all my name is Terry, i am 50 yo and enjoy most out door activities. i am married and have two daughters. we have just got a 2014 ranger 3.2 xlt 4x4, this is my third ranger.
    i am really looking forward to chatting to you guy and maybe meeting up at one or two events

Everyone say hi to Terry

Hi Terry
    2016 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT D/C 4x2 Mt
    2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS D/C 4x2 Mt (Sold)
    2006 Ford Ranger 2.5 XLT D/C 4x2 Mt (Sold)

"Yes" is the answer.
    Beer was the question.

Hi Terry,

Welkom by die Forum. Geniet al die chatter en informasie!!
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XL Plus 2015 4X4. Now with Cooper S/T,Hella Spotlights, ARB Bull Bar, LAS Econoline Rear Bumper, Customised Rims, Stofpad Rocksliders, Auxiliary Battery Factory Fitted, Fridge Slider, Drawer System with Wolf Pack, Pro Fender Shocks with Extender Shackles and Spacers, Bash Plate, Escape Gear Seat Covers, Hytera two-way Radio, Associer Wiring Harness. Memories- Ford Ranger 3.0 2007 and 2011, Ford Ranger 1.8 LWB, Mazda Drifter 2002.

Hi All,

Clint from Kempton, came across this forum whilst looking for anything to do with off-roading, and joined. Great tips, advise and information shared here. Great to be part.

My 4x4 of choice. Suzuki Jimny, "pimped" by Wizerd and some additional goodies added.

Enjoy the weekend.
    "It's a way of Life"
    "you go fast, I go anywhere . ."
    "Patients, a Jimny drivers secrete weapon . ."
    (Std Zook, Full Wizerd conversion, BFG'S, Roof rack and upgraded sound system)

Hello 4x4 community. I have just joined. Have sj 410 canopy, gearbox, transfer case, engine, carburretor for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki fanatic View Post
    Hello 4x4 community. I have just joined. Have sj 410 canopy, gearbox, transfer case, engine, carburretor for sale.
    Not very good form, just joining and then trying to flog something

Hi all,

Lurked around the forum for a while and decided I should introduce my self. Briefly, I am Gauteng based, owned a Gen 3 Pajero 3.5 GLS SWB in the past (still miss that thing), followed by a platkar, followed by a 2x4 Toyota Hilux 2.5 D4D Double Cab, and was thinking of doing some off-road trips with my boys - nothing too serious for now....until I can't help myself and upgrade to a 4x4 (I have a feeling it will be inevitable)

Hi everyone
    My name is Hein and I am from Pretoria. For years I have been the proverbial fly on the wall, reading all your posts and comments. Advice I picked up here have assisted me a lot in the past. Registering have been long overdue but it's done now.
    I am the proud owner of a khaki green 96 KB280 D/C 4x4 Frontier (the limited edition ones) since 2005 with 434 000 km and still going strong.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heinvdwalt For This Useful Post:

Welcome Hein to a fantastic forum.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Hi. My name is JC, and I'm new to this forum. Me, my wife and baby are avid travelers, and I must say, the tips and information on this forum have been extremely helpfull and I hope I can give some helpfull feedback back to the forum. We drive a Toyota fortuner 3 D4D. Thanks!

Hi JC

Hey man! I'm sorry to say that we don't accept members from Pretoria anymore! Now that the DA have done so well in Pretoria the Pretoria guys think they are smart.

Sorry
    Chris.

Oops! I see you drive a Fortuner! You are in!

Welcome JC, enjoy!

Default Re: introduce yourself

Hi,
    I am a commercially certified Yachtmaster (RYA) and SAS certified (coastal skipper power and sail) and an examiner.
    Now that I am back inland I have swapped by boat for a 2015 Disco 4 SE with conqueror Comander caravan and become an inland adventurer.
    Done all the exams available including night recovery with Alan (NQF 3) and more but still regard myself as a newbie to inland sailing.
    Done several trips with wife and our pet Yorkie when pet friendly sites are available.
    Thank you for this incredible site which never ceases to amaze me with quality content.
    Will be retiring soon and be much more active with posting.
    My only comment that I wish to make at this time, is the quality of the driver by far and away is the more important component of skill of driving than just the vehicle!
    In sailing, we learnt that each time you inspected, repaired, improved your boat it was like making a deposit in a savings account, when you went to sea, you hope like hell that you made more deposits than withdrawals.
    Safe journeys to you and yours,
    Phillip

Welcome Phillip!

And I agree, this forum always rocks!!
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XL Plus 2015 4X4. Now with Cooper S/T,Hella Spotlights, ARB Bull Bar, LAS Econoline Rear Bumper, Customised Rims, Stofpad Rocksliders, Auxiliary Battery Factory Fitted, Fridge Slider, Drawer System with Wolf Pack, Pro Fender Shocks with Extender Shackles and Spacers, Bash Plate, Escape Gear Seat Covers, Hytera two-way Radio, Associer Wiring Harness. Memories- Ford Ranger 3.0 2007 and 2011, Ford Ranger 1.8 LWB, Mazda Drifter 2002.

Hi guys, new member. My name is George. I'm from Fourways area and drive a Ford Ranger 3.2 T6 DC 4x4. Enjoying your advice, hopefully I can add at some time.

Welcome George, enjoy!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast