SACAA Plane crashed?? (George) - Page 3





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Centurion + Others
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,800
    Thanked: 199

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    JAB2 is QUITE RIGHT. - [ i assume you fly a JAB?]

    There is a published MINIMUM [sector] safe ALTITUDE in that area - you NEVER fly below that UNLESS you can SEE the ground [VFR] AND will remain VISUAL WITH THE GROUND

    Experience and ability of the PIC - Pilot in Command.


    QUOTE=jab2;4312468]From the information I received from some prominent local aviators it was not a movements flight. They were busy with calibrations on the FAGG nav equipment. ZS-CAR was SACAA's calibration ship. They where flying IFR, so any mention of bad vis is irrelevant.
    Funny thing is they were at 3900ft when they disappeared off FAGG radar, but they were in a 6500ft Minimum Vectoring Altitude sector. My sources could not tell whether the lower height was part of the ops though.

    RIP.[/QUOTE]
    Merit before Race - anything else IS Racism.
    Stay Calm, engage low-ratio, keep buggering on - a Landy Man
    Longevity isn't worth dying for,

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Centurion + Others
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,800
    Thanked: 199

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuluCowboy View Post
    Looks like George is not a good place for aircraft, there is this crash, Hansie, Italtile.... whats up?


    NO!! George is a WONDERFUL place for an a/c - you must just know HOW to fly and STICK to the rules.
    Merit before Race - anything else IS Racism.
    Stay Calm, engage low-ratio, keep buggering on - a Landy Man
    Longevity isn't worth dying for,

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,948
    Thanked: 1615

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    An interesting conundrum arises from this tragedy...

    SACAA is the body that investigates air accidents in SA, so how will they get around the conflict of interests in investigating THEMSELVES?
    Maybe, time for the FAA as the manufacturer's home authority to be asked to attend?
    Cheers,
    John

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town, Plumstead/The Sea/Franskraal
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,383
    Thanked: 461

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    An interesting conundrum arises from this tragedy...

    SACAA is the body that investigates air accidents in SA, so how will they get around the conflict of interests in investigating THEMSELVES?
    Maybe, time for the FAA as the manufacturer's home authority to be asked to attend?
    Was wondering about exactly the same thing.
    Mercedes W123 300D, runs on Mother Natures Goodness.
    Powered by the Sun, the Rain and the Earth.
    Have now covered 270 000Km on veg oil.
    Oh, and an Isuzu 280DT, 40 000Km on Bio Diesel
    Rand for Rand gets 33Km/L

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,152
    Thanked: 940

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    In their (CAA) press conference they confirmed the investigation will be impartial and overseen by an independent investigation team. Who knows who that is going to be. I am sure Cessna would want to get involved and somewhere I heard the NTSB name also dropped.
    Will have to wait and see how this unfolds.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,948
    Thanked: 1615

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    In their (CAA) press conference they confirmed the investigation will be impartial and overseen by an independent investigation team. Who knows who that is going to be. I am sure Cessna would want to get involved and somewhere I heard the NTSB name also dropped.
    Will have to wait and see how this unfolds.
    The only way that could be achieved would be if the SACAA were completely sidelined, not "overseen".
    There is too much scope for mischief if they are even superficially involved.

    Their aircraft, and it's records.
    Their Pilots, and their respective records.
    Their Procedures.
    Cheers,
    John

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,152
    Thanked: 940

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    The only way that could be achieved would be if the SACAA were completely sidelined, not "overseen".
    There is too much scope for mischief if they are even superficially involved.

    Their aircraft, and it's records.
    Their Pilots, and their respective records.
    Their Procedures.
    Well, seems CAA confirmed they will be conducting their own investigation.

    "The investigation into an air crash that killed three Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) employees outside George on Thursday will be undertaken by the authority’s own investigation unit.

    The CAA announced that its own investigators had been dispatched to collect evidence from the scene yesterday."

    2020-01-27 16:00
    City-Press.News24.com

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,948
    Thanked: 1615

    Default Re: SACAA Plane crashed?? (George)

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    Well, seems CAA confirmed they will be conducting their own investigation.

    "The investigation into an air crash that killed three Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) employees outside George on Thursday will be undertaken by the authority’s own investigation unit.

    The CAA announced that its own investigators had been dispatched to collect evidence from the scene yesterday."

    2020-01-27 16:00
    City-Press.News24.com
    Well, that is sad because it will forever leave a question mark over the verdict, whatever it turns out to be.
    Cheers,
    John

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •