Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Page 48

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by DeonStr View Post
    My inverter came just after lockdown, and my plug to be abke to use it on Friday. I've got it on a fully charged deep cycle battery. Battery is fine to run my Waeco fridge more than 24 hours. If I plug the vacumm cleaner in, it works. My Defy 640 side by side fridge / freezer - no go ☹️. The inverter just cuts out.

Surely a 1500W / 3000W inverter should be able to drive that fridge? Am I missing something here? Saw earlier on the thread of guys using heat guns with the inverter.

Please give advice for where to look. Or did I get a dud? ☹️

Groetnis
    Deon
    Issue on this thread as well

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...t-only-on-grid
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

I just did a test with my new 750/1500W inverter and it started my Samsung bar fridge without a beep. The starting current was as per the picture at 95.1A. After 15 sec the current was down to 10A and after 4 min down to 7.66A which it would use up to the point that it switches off.

Very impressed that this 750/1500W could even start the fridge as one normally needs at least a 1000W to start a house type fridge. May be the key is the 2 x 102Ah batteries I use on the 12V inverter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bar-fridge.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	575898

Ok,
    This morning I set some time apart, after first hunting for my multimeter! ;-)

Connected meter, battery was showing 13,3V, no load, Optimate 5 charger connected. Plugged in Fridge, all fine. Opened doors to force motor to kick in, but it's colder outside the fridge than in it! Anyway, with Fridge light on, plugged in, the voltage slowly dropped to 12,3V. In the end I just closed the doors and left it. After about 30min the fridge motor kicked in, this time it started. Inverter gave a beep, but when I checked it was running the fridge, no issues. Voltage was around 12,6V.

The particular deep-cycle it is on is about 3-4 years old. I think I'll set up a dual deep-cycle bank for running the fridge.

Ideas about the voltage readings?

EDIT - After 2 hours the inverter started beeping. Checked, battery voltage down to 10.7V. So, one battery does not seem to do it, even being on charge.
    Groetnis
    Deon

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    HI Deon.
    The 1st thing I would do is to put a multimeter on the battery and see what the reading is when you plug in the fridge. Yes I reported that my heat gun at about 1000W works on the inverter. Further I can start a big 2 door old type Kelvinator, bar fridge and 150L chest freezer all at the same time. I had them connected on my Sonoff to measure the power used by the 3 units. I did start all 3 for a number of times. I used 2 x 100Ah batteries so it is key that your battery can supply the start current of the Defy.
    As a test I also got my microwave to start and it used 1350W doing so.

If it makes some beeps then it is most probably due to overload of inverter or battery voltage low. The low voltage can be measured as indicated to rule it out.
    Last edited by DeonStr; 2020/06/17 at 09:56 AM.
    2012 Nissan Navara DC 2,5DCi 4x4 AT
    (SOLD) 2002 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    1982 BMW R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    The problem is is the start up power the compressor needs. That Defy 640 units is about 10 or 15 years old if i remember correctly and take some power. My parents got one.

How i know this, i spotted this with my Shelly EM. We got one of this new high tech Hisense Fridge unit that uses about 130w when it runs. One day i was bussy watching graths and stuff on the Shelly. Just as the fridge switch on, there was like a 1.6kw spike and then drop down. Like a split second. So start pulling graths from the inverter and there it is, masive spike from the dc side. Something like 30 to 40 amps on the dc side and then it drop. It's so fast that the inverter don't feel it but you can see it on the DC side.

So it can be that this inverters don't like high spikes like from the fridge.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerlach For This Useful Post:

@Deon. That beep could be the start load was close to the max continuous power level of inverter as it seems your battery was way above the min voltage where the inverter would switch off for low voltage. Using 2 x 100Ah might not solve the problem. As Gerlach indicated I look at the peak current for batteries by using a video recording. That is still not ideal as the multimeter has a low sampling rate. However I have measured up to 1800W the instant a KIC 210L fridge/freezer started. Even that is high for 100Ah battery but 2 will make it easier for longer life of batteries.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering, what is the specs for the inverters, ito min battery AH?

Because:
    1) It can be the inverter reaching it's peak.
    2) Cables too thin ito voltage drop.
    3) Battery ah to small for the current drawn, volts drop too fast.

This is what I have for a 24v 3kva, 48v 3kva and a 48v 5kva, with recommend cable and fuses ... if you go by the book.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

Not a lot of technical specs as you mention. Due to the 16 Sq mm cable of only 0.5m single distance that will not be the problem. 5m as per your guideline seems to be very long even at a larger area. It stays for the user to ensure batteries are in good condition for the load. As a starter I would start by testing with a known good battery instead of a 4 year old deep cycle. Also for the user to manage the load and not use 100% of the 1500W @ 12V rating.

With the small intelligent charger I have found many people get to a point where their regular charger fails to charge their battery because it is shot then they try to buy a different charger to solve the problem.

My advice would be buy the charger when buying the new battery. A few times the new charger was also blamed for a stuffed battery.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Thanks, the initial results look very promising. I can see the Victron working its magic.

Referring to one of your previous posts, in theory I have 110 Volt to work with. The highest I've seen the panels produce thus far was 96 Volts. So that is only 14 Volts short which seems very reasonable to me.

It would be interesting to see what the max is they'll reach, perhaps when the batteries are a bit more drained.

I'll post results.

Oh yes, sending you a pm re the 12V Changi.
    Just a little feedback from my previous post.

This is the closest I've ever gotten to VOC of the panels.

This I ascribe to my superior wiring skills.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Just a little feedback from my previous post.

This is the closest I've ever gotten to VOC of the panels.

This I ascribe to my superior wiring skills.
    Yes we see you forgot one of your wires on the screen - hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Yes we see you forgot one of your wires on the screen - hehehe
    Hahahaha so I did!

I actually had to edit the picture by cropping it because just as I took the screenshot, a WhatsApp popped up which I did not notice. And I'd rather not share the contents thereof on a public forum.
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

Thanks to level 3 I managed to get my box back with holes that were laser cut. Time over weekends is limited and it is the only time I can source gadgets to fit.

Front of box.

Name:	front-box.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	576391

Detail for outlets. Below my 4 DC outputs I need to get a Anderson plug below the 2 holes. To the right of the cigar lighter I will be adding a 2 x USB charge socket. Could not get stock when looking for one today.

Name:	front-detail-outlets.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	576392

At the back I will supply 220V for the 3 x 7A chargers that will be in the top portion above the batteries. Box is on castors.

Name:	box-power-back.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	576393
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/06/20 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Looking nice Ekkekan!

A mobile power solution.

How many batteries and of what size do you intend fitting in there?
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

Looking nice Ekkekan!

A mobile power solution.

How many batteries and of what size do you intend fitting in there?
    I have space for 3 x 100Ah. Currently using only 2. Will see if they need replacing to go the loose lithium cells with BMS. Will then have to change my pulse chargers for perhaps a Victron charger. In a way I need to get confirmation that a fixed voltage say 14.2V will be good for lithium

I really like this setup. I see the WRND supports bot MPPT and DC-DC charging and current limiting. How do you charge the battery off mains? Is it possible to connect the WRND to any car charger?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanF View Post
    I've built a setup far my parents' business. Built everything into an old computer box. There is enough space for 4 more lifepo4 cells at which time I will decide to keep it 12v or change to 24v with a 24v inverter. I will also upgrade the charge controller at that time.

Attachment 575008

Attachment 575009

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
    I really like this setup. I see the WRND supports bot MPPT and DC-DC charging and current limiting. How do you charge the battery off mains? Is it possible to connect the WRND to any car charger?
    There is no mains charger connected. The unit is permanently connected to a 270 watt panel.

I'm not sure what you mean with the last question.
    * 2014 Honda CR-V I-DTEC
    * Metalian Genie

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48