Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Page 33

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Wow - never thought when I placed my impressions of this cheap inverter so many guys would jump in on this small value for money PSW inverter.

Lately we have enough time on LS to check it's operation.

Time to report back on my cheapest solution using my 12V 7A China pulse chargers. Yes I did indicate I use 3 of them in ||. At R175 x 3 = R525. Yes between LS sessions my 2 x Deltec start batteries do charge up to the 14.7V level and the chargers switch from normal to trickle charge. I run all my lights in the house as well as laptop and 2 routers and do switch on my 2 fridges for a short period during LS. Also use any of my power tools like drill, sander, jigsaw, router, soldering iron. There is only 1 problem. I cannot get more of these chargers for now.
    Attachment 561583

I am still waiting for my battery box to be made up at the place that does the laser cutting. I opted to make up a box that can house 3 x 102Ah batteries although I am only using 2. Good to have the space for future use and who knows if there will not be a Li-Ion included.

I have also been able to help a number of our readers with the Solar Battery from Battery Centre. I hope you guys get good service from them.
    Attachment 561584
    Why 3 charges @ekkekan?
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Whats so special about these charges?
    Only the price and charge well until full and switch to trickle without any over charge.

@Shade. In order to charge in a short time between LS periods that can be short.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/03/14 at 12:41 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by culltony View Post
    I never said they were special, read all "ekkekan" posts, he uses them and stated he was having trouble getting more, so I provided a link were he can obtain some......
    Currently they are priced on auction at R130 next bid and R90 shipping making it R220.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    What are the short comings. ?

I cant think of any that are substantive that are unique to the PSA and not common to all chargers of this type.

I can think of a load of unique advantages.
    Post 12 and 23 for the issue I had

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...d.php?t=312898
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

Only the price and charge well until full and switch to trickle without any over charge.

@Shade. In order to charge in a short time between LS periods that can be short.
    Thanks again, could you post pic of your setup...would.like to emulate what you have done...and then hunt for those charges
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Thanks again, could you post pic of your setup...would.like to emulate what you have done...and then hunt for those charges
    I think they make a 15 and 20 amp of the same make so why buy three?They are cheap and even if one broke two could still do the job.?

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I think they make a 15 and 20 amp of the same make so why buy three?They are cheap and even if one broke two could still do the job.?
    The 7A gives a clear indication when it moves from 1 stage to the next. When no LS I only use 1 permanently connected.

The method of operation is totally different than those in the red box that you get in 15,20,30 and 40A.I would never use them.

@Shade. I am waiting for my bat box to be laser cut. Size will be for 3 x102Ah bat in the bottom layer and inverter and meters and plugs at the top. Will be adding solar controller and Hella plugs and Anderson plugs as well as 4 sockets for 12V items.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/03/14 at 04:39 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Currently they are priced on auction at R130 next bid and R90 shipping making it R220.
    Saw plenty of them at Alli's Electronics in PTA West for R130 each.
    Last edited by WAJ; 2020/03/14 at 05:08 PM.
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    Platkar - Haaihoendaai i20 1.4]

Ex'es
    KIA Sorento 2.5 Crdi 4x4 (diesel guzzler of note)
    Nissan Terrano II 2.7
    Mazda Drifter DC 2.5 4x4
    Toyota 60 series 5.7 V8
    Daihatsu Rocky 2.8

The 7A gives a clear indication when it moves from 1 stage to the next. When no LS I only use 1 permanently connected.

The method of operation is totally different than those in the red box that you get in 15,20,30 and 40A.I would never use them.

@Shade. I am waiting for my bat box to be laser cut. Size will be for 3 x102Ah bat in the bottom layer and inverter and meters and plugs at the top. Will be adding solar controller and Hella plugs and Anderson plugs as well as 4 sockets for 12V items.
    I liky likey likeey!. Show dem pics so i can replicate and where to purchase online as well pls
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

I liky likey likeey!. Show dem pics so i can replicate and where to purchase online as well pls
    Last charger sold yesterday. Don't know where to get some stock as my regular shop ran out of stock. No ETA.
    You can get some from Electroman if they have stock or bid on bidorbuy as per the link that was placed earlier. Once you have all your equipment just connect it together. No rocket science connecting pos and neg leads.
    Name:  IMG_20200312_231303.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  149.5 KB

Default Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Connected my 3000W Changi inverter to the battery in my Jurgens Oryx. Found the perfect unutilised spot next to the battery compartment to mount it, under the bed base.

The view of the setup from the top, with battery compartment open and the bed base lifted up.

With the bed base closed.

View from the side, at floor level.

Last edited by Neville Bailey; 2020/03/15 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Connected my 3000W Changi inverter to the battery in my Jurgens Oryx. Found the perfect unutilised spot next to the battery compartment to mount it, under the bed base.

The view of the setup from the top, with battery compartment open and the bed base lifted up.

With the bed base closed.

View from the side, at floor level.

Hi is that a pure sine wave inverter.
    I also ordered a changi
    3000w pure sine wave
    Is it ok

Quote Originally Posted by fatbike View Post
    Hi is that a pure sine wave inverter.
    I also ordered a changi
    3000w pure sine wave
    Is it ok
    Yes it is the pure sine wave inverter. So far itís working fine. Busy testing various appliances on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Yes it is the pure sine wave inverter. So far itís working fine. Busy testing various appliances on it.
    Please keep me updated.

Hmmm, a bit puzzled after testing a 900W toaster and a 1050W microwave oven.

Both appliances worked fine (tested separately) but, in the case of the toaster, the inverter beeped continually and one of the green LED lights went off. In the case of the microwave oven, all the green LEDs went off and only the red and orange LED lights were on, and there were two separate beeps continually.

Based on previous posts in this thread, I felt that the 3000W inverter would not break a sweat up to about 1500W load, but mine seems to be struggling on about 1000W. Although both appliances continued working and the inverter did not cut out, the beeping surprised me.

Is this normal?

Yes it's normal. The inverter needs a large/huge supply of amps from the battery which it may not be getting enough, due to battery and cable size.

At lower loads your setup will be OK.

Neville set your display to scroll through the 3 values displayed when you connect the toaster so that you can get the watt reading. With a power failure last night I used a hot plate to boil water and mine provided 1020W without a sound. I also tried my microwave for 5sec and it used 1650w but did beep at this level as it is over 1500w. I was thinking the unit might just switch off over 1500w but at least it does give you time to switch off the load.
    Bear in mind that a 1000w microwave might have a input power of about 1200w.
    I can just add that for an instant mine shows over 2000w when my 2 fridges start and there is a single beep before the load drops to 520W.
    Check your bat voltage with a multimeter as the beeps with the toaster could be a warning that the bat is low. At 900w you are drawing over 70A from the bat.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/03/15 at 09:42 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Please nobody mention the difference between 12V and 24V.

I repeat - Its is extremely difficult to get much more than +1000W reliably with a 12V system.

It just is. Especially at this price point.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

I think the changi peak at 3000w but constant run is 1500w
    That is how I see it.

in the context of this thread ...

while the inverter may be comfortable delivering 1000W or more continuously, the batteries certainly are not. most especially deep-cycle batteries.

a general rule for deep-cycle is to charge / discharge at maximum a tenth of its Ah rating. anything higher will see the plates buckle, electrolyte loss and destroy the battery, or the battery may simply explode.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RussellF For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast