Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Page 30





Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 908
  1. #581
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    durban
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanked: 1006

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    I would be curious how many members bought the changi. Mine is the 3000w with a 20 amp smart charger (victron ) and a lithium second life mecer 18amp battery.

    I have noticed with a fan, tv,and mnet and modem,router it pulls 215 watts.Im not clever enough to work out what dod it has or how long it could last.
    My set up involves manually pulling out cables and plugs etc.Its a pain in the arse.
    Its a pity other members havent posted pics of their setups.I understand what Fluffy is saying about 12v being a bad choice because of the high amps using 12v amp but as has been said for low usage it seems to work flawlessly.

    I hope to ask two questions.
    1) Should we build a safety feature in . Fuse etc.
    2) How can one neaten up the system in terms of plugs etc and make it more user friendly.
    3)I would like to make it transportable so during loadshedding I could at least still use a drill as my drill only draws 750w. Any pics of your diy trolleys.
    And a thanks up to all the guys on this thread who answer all these dumb questions we ask.

  2. #582
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I would be curious how many members bought the changi. Mine is the 3000w with a 20 amp smart charger (victron ) and a lithium second life mecer 18amp battery.

    I have noticed with a fan, tv,and mnet and modem,router it pulls 215 watts.Im not clever enough to work out what dod it has or how long it could last.
    My set up involves manually pulling out cables and plugs etc.Its a pain in the arse.
    Its a pity other members havent posted pics of their setups.I understand what Fluffy is saying about 12v being a bad choice because of the high amps using 12v amp but as has been said for low usage it seems to work flawlessly.

    I hope to ask two questions.
    1) Should we build a safety feature in . Fuse etc.
    2) How can one neaten up the system in terms of plugs etc and make it more user friendly.
    3)I would like to make it transportable so during loadshedding I could at least still use a drill as my drill only draws 750w. Any pics of your diy trolleys.
    And a thanks up to all the guys on this thread who answer all these dumb questions we ask.
    1) It has a fuse built in. Should have been supplied with a red fuse as a spare. I believe it's inside the unit.
    2) I'm planning on connecting 2 105aH batteries in ||. Then having 1 multiplug for all the connections.
    3) Also going to setup a shutterboard board on castor wheels to move it around.

    I'm just waiting for my Victron charger to arrive. I decided to rather put in the extra moola and get a 30A 3-output charger. I'll post pics when i'm finally done.

    Something interesting to note: I was using a 1000w fong kong inverter from China mall as a temporary measure and found that while it powered a 65" TV, Soundbar, Wifi router and DSTV fine, i also found that using Xtraview was not possible. The other decoders were not able to pick up communication from the primary decoder.

    I connected the Changi last night and now it works fine. Also noticed a draw of some 220W from the inverter during the use of the above equipment.

    Question: does the TV, soundbar, etc. draw power even when not switched on?
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. (Ingwe)


  3. #583
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    I ordered the Changi 3000w yesterday but for some reason after placing the order, the method of delivery defaulted back to South Africa Direct Mail. Oh well, I guess it will eventually arrive.

    The plan is to use 2 x 105Ah Royal Delkor batteries and also purchase a movable cabinet.

    Battery charger is the Benton BX-2.

  4. #584
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Thug View Post
    I ordered the Changi 3000w yesterday but for some reason after placing the order, the method of delivery defaulted back to South Africa Direct Mail. Oh well, I guess it will eventually arrive.

    The plan is to use 2 x 105Ah Royal Delkor batteries and also purchase a movable cabinet.

    Battery charger is the Benton BX-2.
    Direct Mail should get here in the same time if they use Buffalo.

    That charger is insufficient for our load shedding currently.

    You need a 25A or 30A.

    PS: I know because my 15A charger doesn't cut it.
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. (Ingwe)


  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to douglash For This Useful Post:


  6. #585
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Forest Hills, KZN
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanked: 782

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
    Oh great, another self appointed guru and keyboard warrior.
    Maybe you should look at someone's post count, time they have been around and maybe even read some of their previous posts before making assumptions as to the knowledge the particular member actually has before resorting to one liner retorts that add zero value to threads such as this.

    Contrary to the belief of many, there are many very skilled, very technical and very intelligent members that add monstrous value to threads like these and others.
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, 33's, 2" Lift, V8 TC, Ashcroft CW&P 3.75 + ATB lockers. (Ingwe)


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to douglash For This Useful Post:


  8. #586
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,465
    Thanked: 683

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I would be curious how many members bought the changi. Mine is the 3000w with a 20 amp smart charger (victron ) and a lithium second life mecer 18amp battery.

    I have noticed with a fan, tv,and mnet and modem,router it pulls 215 watts.Im not clever enough to work out what dod it has or how long it could last.
    My set up involves manually pulling out cables and plugs etc.Its a pain in the arse.
    Its a pity other members havent posted pics of their setups.I understand what Fluffy is saying about 12v being a bad choice because of the high amps using 12v amp but as has been said for low usage it seems to work flawlessly.

    I hope to ask two questions.
    1) Should we build a safety feature in . Fuse etc.
    2) How can one neaten up the system in terms of plugs etc and make it more user friendly.
    3)I would like to make it transportable so during loadshedding I could at least still use a drill as my drill only draws 750w. Any pics of your diy trolleys.
    And a thanks up to all the guys on this thread who answer all these dumb questions we ask.

    Time time time. Its a very scarce commodity.

    I also bought the 3000W Changi and everything else (save for batteries) I have already collected over time.

    I'm looking at two 200Ah Gold Shine gel batteries and this will be charged with three 135W solar panels through a 20Amp solar charge regulator from ACDC

    I have two chargers as back up. One Midas PS008 and a Benton BX2 only to assist during the night if needed.

    So I will only get time next weekend to start installing my system which will be in the garage. I will also post photos.

    I do also want to make it portable on a trolley, because you can imagine what 2x 200Ah batteries weigh.

    As for all the plugs and extension cords which is such a hassle, I'm going the cowboy way which I've also did with my generator. (which is plugging it directly into a wall socket with main breaker switched off), and selecting only those circuits for lights and the necessary plugs)

    Only I will operate the system so there is no change of someone starting a hair dryer or switching the mains back on without disconnecting the inverter first. My family actually knows what to do as I have printed detailed but simple instructions which is affixed next to the DB which details everything step by step.

    I checked all my appliances which I wish to run more or less simultaneously for short stints during load shedding and this amounts to a max of 700 Watts. So I should be good.
    Nico Swart

    Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

    One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

  9. #587
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,465
    Thanked: 683

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
    Oh great, another self appointed guru and keyboard warrior.
    You clearly have absolutely no idea who Fluffy is or what his qualifications are.

    I also fail to see how you could have taken offence at his post. Relax, we're all here to learn. I can assure you he meant nothing personal.
    Nico Swart

    Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

    One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

  10. #588
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Direct Mail should get here in the same time if they use Buffalo.

    That charger is insufficient for our load shedding currently.

    You need a 25A or 30A.

    PS: I know because my 15A charger doesn't cut it.
    Thanks for the feedback on the charger.

  11. #589
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    35
    Posts
    60
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    The post office has suspended post from countries affected by COVID-19 for something like 30 days.

    Ok, I also want to add my 5c in terms of acceptable power on 12/24/48 V systems.

    If you use one battery, you can't run a 24 V system. If you use one 100 Ah battery on a 12 V 1500 W load, you're pulling something close to 150 A, or 1.5C. Current isn't part of the problem here, IMO. You don't really want to pull more than 0.5C, which means you would need 3 batteries in parallel to run 1500W on 12V. Thick enough cable, and you're fine. Using 3 batteries in parallel, you can use 3 cables each with their own lug connected to the inverter. Make sure your cables are exactly the same length. For 3 batteries in parallel, each needs an 8 AWG (10mm2) wire 0,5 m long for 1% acceptable loss (the same applies on the grounding).

    I don't believe there is a limitation on current based on the system voltage, provided you do your setup properly. People tend to get scared of current, and I don't see why. If you've done your cabling and fusing properly, there isn't any risk of fire, and if you have enough pump in the form of batteries, you're not going to strain those either.
    Someone said I should use a first name, so here it is: Marc

  12. #590
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    744
    Thanked: 719

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Direct Mail should get here in the same time if they use Buffalo.

    That charger is insufficient for our load shedding currently.

    You need a 25A or 30A.

    PS: I know because my 15A charger doesn't cut it.
    I have a 20A Victron, it's idle-ling on my system. NOW, I don't know if it's because the battery is also idle-ling? (200AH Gel)

    All I know is, this week we've had load shedding from 11-13.30 & again from 19-21.30

    Neither the inverter, battery or charger is breaking a sweat. I'm very happy, so much so, that i've now connected our fridge too. My system is a bit overkill for only the routers, tv, soundbar and dstv. I'm glad I took advice from the guys on this forum, it pushed me in a direction to buy a proper battery and proper charger.

    @Plunger - i'm also in the hunt for a trolley thing, the 60kg battery is a killer. Would love to see some DIY one's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #591
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,845
    Thanked: 6455

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloc View Post
    The post office has suspended post from countries affected by COVID-19 for something like 30 days.

    Ok, I also want to add my 5c in terms of acceptable power on 12/24/48 V systems.

    If you use one battery, you can't run a 24 V system. If you use one 100 Ah battery on a 12 V 1500 W load, you're pulling something close to 150 A, or 1.5C. Current isn't part of the problem here, IMO. You don't really want to pull more than 0.5C, which means you would need 3 batteries in parallel to run 1500W on 12V. Thick enough cable, and you're fine. Using 3 batteries in parallel, you can use 3 cables each with their own lug connected to the inverter. Make sure your cables are exactly the same length. For 3 batteries in parallel, each needs an 8 AWG (10mm2) wire 0,5 m long for 1% acceptable loss (the same applies on the grounding).

    I don't believe there is a limitation on current based on the system voltage, provided you do your setup properly. People tend to get scared of current, and I don't see why. If you've done your cabling and fusing properly, there isn't any risk of fire, and if you have enough pump in the form of batteries, you're not going to strain those either.
    Exactly. Even running a battery at 0.5C is one hell of an ask. The, once again, rule of thumb for Lead Acids is 0.2C MAX for both charge and discharge for steady state, and even you must stay within the temperature constraints.

    The external wiring is actually the easy part. Just throw copper and money at the problem and you are fine.

    Even if you overcome the battery problem, you are still stuck with the 12V inverter. I donít know if anybody here has tried to build a power supply or inverter to handle say 150A. Internally the build construction and components required are pushed to the absolute max limits.

    Think of it like this. If you had a 200kW generator. Which would you prefer, and expect to it last longer, and have better safety margins built in than a 1.5L Twin Turbo running at 12000RPM or a V8 6.0L Cummings running at 1500RPM. In the Inverter circuitry, thatís about the difference (4x) between a 12V engine and a 48V engine producing 1.5kW
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

    The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:


  15. #592
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,845
    Thanked: 6455

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    I have a 20A Victron, it's idle-ling on my system. NOW, I don't know if it's because the battery is also idle-ling? (200AH Gel)

    All I know is, this week we've had load shedding from 11-13.30 & again from 19-21.30

    Neither the inverter, battery or charger is breaking a sweat. I'm very happy, so much so, that i've now connected our fridge too. My system is a bit overkill for only the routers, tv, soundbar and dstv. I'm glad I took advice from the guys on this forum, it pushed me in a direction to buy a proper battery and proper charger.

    @Plunger - i'm also in the hunt for a trolley thing, the 60kg battery is a killer. Would love to see some DIY one's.
    Nice.

    Good charger capable of doing the job.
    Nice compromise size battery capable of doing the job.
    Nice size load that doesn’t stress the charger or other components.

    Have a look at my thread on DIY workbench.

    Do a similar design, go to a hardware store and have them cut up half a sheet of plywood to your sizes.

    Glue and screw, sand and paint. Add some 50mm castors. Nice weekend project.

    This will also help with fan noise and make a nice coffee table to put your beer on while watching TV.

    You can also get fancy and buy two nice LED Voltage/Current meters from 4x4Direct.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2020/03/12 at 09:34 AM.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

    The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:


  17. #593
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    380
    Thanked: 388

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Question: does the TV, soundbar, etc. draw power even when not switched on?
    Jip, if left on standby.
    Standby watts differ between makes and age of device.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right.

  18. #594
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ladysmith
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanked: 319

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloc View Post

    I don't believe there is a limitation on current based on the system voltage, provided you do your setup properly. People tend to get scared of current, and I don't see why. If you've done your cabling and fusing properly, there isn't any risk of fire, and if you have enough pump in the form of batteries, you're not going to strain those either.
    I don't work with high current DC systems much, and there may be limits to the current imposed by SANS based on voltage levels that make the above not completely true, but, in general, I agree with what is stated. The things that make people use 48V systems vs 12V systems are due to economics and practicality.

    Crimping lugs onto large cables for a 12V system is a pain, and battery terminals are only so big, so you may not be able to easily make a 4 battery parallel connection and get a fastener on the battery terminal to bolt it all down. Bending large cables is a pain, and has in impact on constructibility and maintainability as well.

    Inneficiency in the cabling can be overcome (with the above caveats), but not on the electronics, a 12V inverter will have4 times higher heat loss than a 24V system, and 16 times higher than 48V on the same load. Battery discharge characteristics are also not linear, drawing 20A at 12V affects life more than twice as much as drawing 10A at 24V.

    For a fixed installation, I would use the highest DC voltage commonly available, most likely 48V. This situation guys are contemplating on this thread are different, and for the versatility of being able to add batteries as funds allow, or move the inverter to be supplied by a vehicle makes the case for 12V here very strong.
    Office Johnny

    2008 Triton CC 3.5V6 4x2 - Sold
    2007 Triton DC 2.5DiD 4x4 - Sold
    2007 Pajero GLS 3.2DiD - Sold


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petermoffat For This Useful Post:


  20. #595
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    188
    Thanked: 85

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    [QUOTE]

    I'm just waiting for my Victron charger to arrive. I decided to rather put in the extra moola and get a 30A 3-output charger. I'll post pics when i'm finally done.[QUOTE]



    @douglash Where did u buy and price?
    Last edited by Shade; 2020/03/12 at 09:45 AM.
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    744
    Thanked: 719

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Only thing is, the fans on the inverter are helluva noisy

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    744
    Thanked: 719

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    [QUOTE=Shade;4344471][QUOTE]

    I'm just waiting for my Victron charger to arrive. I decided to rather put in the extra moola and get a 30A 3-output charger. I'll post pics when i'm finally done.

    Where did u buy and price?
    check these guys too, they are very well priced.

    www.re-volt.co.za

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:


  24. #598
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    744
    Thanked: 719

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Nice.

    Good charger capable of doing the job.
    Nice compromise size battery capable of doing the job.
    Nice size load that doesnít stress the charger or other components.

    Have a look at my thread on DIY workbench.

    Do a similar design, go to a hardware store and have them cut up half a sheet of plywood to your sizes.

    Glue and screw, sand and paint. Add some 50mm castors. Nice weekend project.

    This will also help with fan noise and make a nice coffee table to put your beer on while watching TV.

    You can also get fancy and buy two nice LED Voltage/Current meters from 4x4Direct.
    Excellent thanks, will go and read up. The charger is connected via an app to my phone, so it constantly measures volts and current, so no meters required. I'm fancy like that

  25. #599
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rangeview Krugersdorp
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6,418
    Thanked: 1200

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    A quick question if I may Fluffy ?
    I have 7 year old 102ah Energizer, Mecer 12v inverter and a few months ago added a small panel and controller from Bushpower.
    Normally powers my tv etc for 4 hours before sound of beeps.
    Last shed it only lasted 1 hour and battery showed 10.3 v.
    Hour later battery showed 12.45 ?
    Any way to test at home?
    Thanks
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !



    Hyundai Getz 1.6 2010

  26. #600
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,845
    Thanked: 6455

    Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

    Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    A quick question if I may Fluffy ?
    I have 7 year old 102ah Energizer, Mecer 12v inverter and a few months ago added a small panel and controller from Bushpower.
    Normally powers my tv etc for 4 hours before sound of beeps.
    Last shed it only lasted 1 hour and battery showed 10.3 v.
    Hour later battery showed 12.45 ?
    Any way to test at home?
    Thanks
    The battery voltage at no load and on load can vary significantly.

    The poorer the state of the battery (condition and charge state) the bigger the difference.

    Also the high the current draw when on load the lower the voltage reading.

    Once you remove the load the battery voltage will recover quite a bit, even without charging. This is why voltage is not an easy parameter to use to "accurately" determine battery SOC.

    I think you are already doing about the best test possible - a load test.

    It used to last 4 hours, now it lasts only 1 hour. Go figure.

    -----------------------------------------

    I would suggest, take the battery to a Battery Center or other battery dealer and let them test it, but being 7 years old and from the symptoms you explain, its kaput.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

    The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •