Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 33 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Results 1,141 to 1,151 of 1151

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by Cobus RDW View Post
    Thanks, just posted on other topic as well.
    Just a few left, then finish. Glad he is also happy
    Het jy nog van die 1500w inverters oor?
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4
    2019 Bush Lapa Baobab 3

Quote Originally Posted by DeVilliers View Post
    I have the 5000W 12V one installed in my caravan. Pulls the aircon and can also run one induction plate, and other little things. Been in there for some months and still pretty pleased with it.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

I need an inverter to run a 220V ice machine when off the grid. If I may ask confirmation on my assumption please.

The National Luna 220V machine I see claims 1.0 amp and assume it will pull more than that at start up. So I am considering the 1500W continuous that is evidently rated for bursts of 3000W as "adequate / suitable". I am considering the WRND one or the Changi one from Banggood. Then I see on Banggood the 5000W Changi is about the same price maybe cheaper than the 3000W. Looking at running such a unit, does one compare it to say a 4cyl vs a 6 cyl vs a V8? - ie they will all serve the purpose, the difference being the consumption in actually running the unit?
    IOW select the unit that is adequate and not one that is OTT?

Yes I know there are 12V units.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sneaky Pete; 2021/10/17 at 04:15 PM.
    Peter
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,

SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
    I need an inverter to run a 220V ice machine when off the grid. If I may ask confirmation on my assumption please.

The National Luna 220V machine I see claims 1.0 amp and assume it will pull more than that at start up. So I am considering the 1500W continuous that is evidently rated for bursts of 3000W as "adequate / suitable". I am considering the WRND one or the Changi one from Banggood. Then I see on Banggood the 5000W Changi is about the same price maybe cheaper than the 3000W. Looking at running such a unit, does one compare it to say a 4cyl vs a 6 cyl vs a V8? - ie they will all serve the purpose, the difference being the consumption in actually running the unit?

Pete I belief you are spot on with the 1500/3000W Changi/Topshak/WRND. They are all the same. It is fit for purpose and as has been said before you should not run anything larger on 12V. As this is not for everyday use but during LS the 12V is just more practical than say a 24V or 48V.

If you want to have the comfort of it working well you are welcome to give me a buzz and we can test my 1500/3000W before you commit on buying. I can also bring the 750/1500W as it would be good for future reference to know if indeed one needs the normal minimum of 1000W for a ice machine.

When using the 1500/3000 or 2000/4000 or 2500/5000W on 12V all will work fine. Contrary to popular belief the larger units don't use much more power when on standby. When powering a load the draw from the battery is mostly for the load. My 750/1500W draws 0.65A no load while the 1500/3000W draws 0.8A no load.

One must just ensure you are not going to try and use 3000/4000/5000W from 12V just because you can.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2021/10/17 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks Danie. So if I understand you correctly then, if the 5Kw is the same price or cheaper than the 3Kw then one should go for the 5Kw unit as difference in consumption would be minimal. It will be mainly for making ice when camping. Everything else is 12V. The cost of a 12V ice machine (4x) just does not make sense at the moment and then, should we fall foul to LS (not often fortunately) we can utilise it at home.
    Peter

Pete yes if you can get the 5000W peak cheaper by all means go for it. This mismatch in pricing normally only lasts a few hours. Also just make sure you select a 12V unit and also pay attention that it is a 220V unit and not a 110V 60Hz used in the Americas. Also at times when the more expensive unit is cheaper you are forced to use the R600 courier fee instead of the R55 Direct mail which is also couriered.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Without a shadow of a doubt I would rather get this.

https://mhn.co.za/shop/mecer-mks-1-5...-500wmppt-12v/

It's an absolute no brainer. In performance, reliability, local guarantee, built in monitoring that actually tells the truth, built in MPPT Solar Charger.

And it is not just an Inverter it is a professional full function UPS with changeover and built in chargers. (Mains and Solar)

It will kick poo against the Topshank in every department, even the 6000W one.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Fluffy will definitely put on the list. A lot more expensive but then ........
    Peter

I used the China 1500/3000 inverter recently on a Botswana trip works perfectly.

The only challenge is the ambient temperature. When above 30 degrees C the ice machine requires about two hours of dumping the small ice into the water to cool it to a point where decent ice blocks are made. You need to factor in the draw on the batteries and solar panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I used the China 1500/3000 inverter recently on a Botswana trip works perfectly.

The only challenge is the ambient temperature. When above 30 degrees C the ice machine requires about two hours of dumping the small ice into the water to cool it to a point where decent ice blocks are made. You need to factor in the draw on the batteries and solar panels.
    Thank you for that info. Will probably cool the water in the fridge or something. Otherwise make when it is cooler and freeze the left over if there is space. Do not know if it is worthwhile using the solar at its peak / maybe a problem having to come back to camp?
    Peter

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 33 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58