Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1090

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

With what they endowed us from the beginning of last year I'm loathed to go anything Chinese. Looks like it's their mission to destroy the world then take over. Previously they were doing this subtly but now its blatant. Not sure who else feels this way

Wylie E , ek stem saam met wat jy se hulle gee nie mee om nie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylie E View Post
    With what they endowed us from the beginning of last year I'm loathed to go anything Chinese. Looks like it's their mission to destroy the world then take over. Previously they were doing this subtly but now its blatant. Not sure who else feels this way

I also bought the 3000w 12V model inverter last year and using it mainly during loadshedding with a lifepo4 battery. When I switch it on, the display cycles from 0V, 124V, 176V up to 225V in about 10 seconds. My question is if whether the inverter is actually provide these lower voltage to connected load during this time or is this just the display? I presume these lower voltages can damage any connected devices. I normally wait and only connect the load after 10 seconds once the display shows 225V, but this is not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
    I also bought the 3000w 12V model inverter last year and using it mainly during loadshedding with a lifepo4 battery. When I switch it on, the display cycles from 0V, 124V, 176V up to 225V in about 10 seconds. My question is if whether the inverter is actually provide these lower voltage to connected load during this time or is this just the display? I presume these lower voltages can damage any connected devices. I normally wait and only connect the load after 10 seconds once the display shows 225V, but this is not ideal.
    What was stated is during boot up it checks for a connected load but does not give these voltages as a output up to the point it shows 230V. Thus it's save to use.

Quote Originally Posted by VVTi View Post
    I noticed on Banggood website they no longer shipping this inverter to South Africa, I wonder why!??
    The Changi is now available again. https://banggood.app.link/LwOU6cyafeb

I bought the WRND version of this - and when I took it apart to splice in a remote on/off switch, I noticed a number of areas where hot glue or some sort of clear silicone had been applied to circuit boards etc.. I’ve seen some posts here about doing that - wondering if they started doing it at the factory, or if WRND made this mod? Everything in mine seems quite well bedded down.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2021/02/28 at 02:07 PM.

The Changi is now available again. https://banggood.app.link/LwOU6cyafeb
    At the current price with R444 as the only shipping option before customs it has become a bit expensive specially with the Rand being strong up to Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    I bought the WRND version of this - and when I took it apart to splice in a remote on/off switch, I noticed a number of areas where hot glue or some sort of clear silicone had been applied to circuit boards etc.. Iíve seen some posts here about doing that - wondering if they started doing it at the factory, or if WRND made this mod? Everything in mine seems quite well bedded down.
    The mod was probably done by WRND.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VVTi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    At the current price with R444 as the only shipping option before customs it has become a bit expensive specially with the Rand being strong up to Thursday.
    Yeah it's becoming expensive. But I'm glad they're shipping to us again.

Yeah it's becoming expensive. But I'm glad they're shipping to us again.
    You can buy it locally at about R2500 and get a warranty of 1 year. A far better deal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

I still have a few I brought in for friends and family if anybody interested. 1500 pure sine, 3000w peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobus RDW View Post
    I still have a few I brought in for friends and family if anybody interested. 1500 pure sine, 3000w peak.
    What is the price you are asking
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    You can buy it locally at about R2500 and get a warranty of 1 year. A far better deal.
    2 years through WRND. But good luck getting hold of them if the poo hits the fan

Hi

I am currently using the Changi inverter (12V 3000W) for load shedding purposes and decided to add a transfer switch to make it a bit easier to switch between Eskom and the Inverter. The inverter is mostly used to keep the internet modem, computer, a few LED lights and our TV running during load shedding, around 160W to 250W draw. I am limiting battery draw with 60A fuse to around 700W which is more than enough draw for me. We connect a few leads so the idea is not to use this in a permanent setup as I want to use it for camping as well. The transfer switch has the one source from a wall plug (eskom) and the other from the inverter socket. This will then output to an extension plug where I can plug in two leads as required to TV, lights, modems, etc.

My question is how to handle the earth. Can I just connect all three earth wires together? My understanding is that the Inverter is not earthed (although has other protection features) so an ELCB would make no difference, so I do not expect additional protection from this OR do I have to connect another ELCB between the inverter and the transfer switch? Is this inverter considered to be safe?

Here is a graphical representation of how my setup will work. Is this less safe than just swapping the multi-plug between the wall and inverter?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Newsboy; Yesterday at 06:46 PM.

Hi

I am currently using the Changi inverter (12V 3000W) for load shedding purposes and decided to add a transfer switch to make it a bit easier to switch between Eskom and the Inverter. The inverter is mostly used to keep the internet modem, computer, a few LED lights and our TV running during load shedding, around 160W to 250W draw. I am limiting battery draw with 60A fuse to around 700W which is more than enough draw for me. We connect a few leads so the idea is not to use this in a permanent setup as I want to use it for camping as well. The transfer switch has the one source from a wall plug (eskom) and the other from the inverter socket. This will then output to an extension plug where I can plug in two leads as required to TV, lights, modems, etc.

My question is how to handle the earth. Can I just connect all three earth wires together? My understanding is that the Inverter is not earthed (although has other protection features) so an ELCB would make no difference, so I do not expect additional protection from this OR do I have to connect another ELCB between the inverter and the transfer switch? Is this inverter considered to be safe?

Here is a graphical representation of how my setup will work. Is this less safe than just swapping the multi-plug between the wall and inverter?

Donít bother switching the Earth. Just common it to all three.

Be carefull with the changeover switch, try and do changeover with no power on.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Donít bother switching the Earth. Just common it to all three.

Be carefull with the changeover switch, try and do changeover with no power on.
    Break-Before-Make.

Hi

Yes the Changi does not have Earth connection, so you will have create your own Earth through an earth rod driven to the ground, bond it with Neutral of the inverter and feed it through the Earth Leakage as shown in the diagram below. Please note that this is for off-grid applications and for grid-tied applications you need to have a relay to switch between Eskom Earthing and your own Earthing. I'll leave the details to the experts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
    Break-Before-Make.
    Exactly. I would kinda assume and switch masquerading as a mains change over would be the right configuration, but I would make double sure with a relay.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
    Break-Before-Make.
    Thanks, everyone for the info. The changeover switch I am using is this one, https://www.enway.co.za/hager-sft240-changover-switch. It seems to isolate in the center position with input I and II on the top and bottom. I was thinking this is sufficient to ensure the two sources are isolated, or is this not the case?

Thanks, everyone for the info. The changeover switch I am using is this one, https://www.enway.co.za/hager-sft240-changover-switch. It seems to isolate in the center position with input I and II on the top and bottom. I was thinking this is sufficient to ensure the two sources are isolated, or is this not the case?
    Perfect.

Now automate you changeover using the electrically operated contactor version.

Hagar Part No. ESC 442
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast