Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Page 6

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 31 ... LastLast

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Trying to follow here, but my brain is smoking like an overworked inverter.

If I get the 12V/3000W ... and use a 105mah, how look should it run my router, and a couple of lights, maybe the TV? I know it depends on watts etc, but ball park?

Can I run a laser printer from it? Or would I need the 5000W?
    I assume 105Ah?

Assume the voltage stays constant at 12V. With ballpark you're pulling about 200W (assuming LED or energy saver lights), which is about 17A. Without including all the complexities, you're looking at theoretically 105/17 = about 6 hours.

Ok, I'm not a battery expert, but I believe that's 100% discharge, which you don't really want to do, so you can safely say 3 hours.
    Last edited by Mrcloc; 2020/02/05 at 10:21 AM.
    Someone said I should use a first name, so here it is: Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloc View Post
    I assume 105Ah?

Assume the voltage stays constant at 12V. With ballpark you're pulling about 200W (assuming LED or energy saver lights), which is about 17A. Without including all the complexities, you're looking at theoretically 105/17 = about 6 hours.

Ok, I'm not a battery expert, but I believe that's 100% discharge, which you don't really want to do, so you can safely say 3 hours.
    thank you.

Is the printer possible on this setup? Below is my pritner's power usage. It's a laser printer

• Power Consumption Sleep
      3 Watt
    • Power Consumption Standby
      23 Watt
    • Power Consumption Operational
      1200 Watt

Would a car battery be suitable for use with this type of application?
    Assuming a depth of discharge of 20-30%.

If suitable it would work well, as I can then use the battery from the second car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhm View Post
    Would a car battery be suitable for use with this type of application?
    Assuming a depth of discharge of 20-30%.

If suitable it would work well, as I can then use the battery from the second car.
    For a few LED lights and router yes but not for fridge and
    TV and DSTV for the periods of LS.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    For a few LED lights and router yes but not for fridge and
    TV and DSTV for the periods of LS.
    Yes, only intending to connect a few lights and router.
    Thank you

I am new to all of this and ordered a 3000W inverter reading through this thread and because I had some stuff at home unused lying in the garage.

I have a Sabat AGM 65 AH battery never used and
    a PSA008 battery charger also never used.

i am gong to connect the lot up and see how long it can run a few lights and maybe my TV and WiFi router.
    i just hope I don’t blow myself up and also that I can get at least an hour out of it.
    Last edited by toxicsox; 2020/02/05 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicsox View Post
    I am new to all of this and ordered a 3000W inverter reading through this thread and because I had some stuff at home unused lying in the garage.

I have a Sabat AGM 65 AH battery never used and
    a PSA008 battery charger also never used.

i am gong to connect the lot up and see how long it can run a few lights and maybe my TV and WiFi router.
    i just hope I donít blow myself up and also that I can get at least an hour out of it.
    You forgot the Bushpower Eco kit to charge the battery ?
    Works like a charm !!
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Mitsi Outlander 2.4 Auto

How big must your solar panel be to completely recharge your 65AH AGM battery in a single sunny day? And maybe 105AH?

For charging the batteries connected to the inverter powering a few light circuits and essential plugs for wifi & alarm. A UPS type setup.
    Is this for a home charger, or a charger/isolator for a car secondary battery?

Attachment 557067
    or
    Attachment 557068

Quote Originally Posted by toxicsox View Post
    How big must your solar panel be to completely recharge your 65AH AGM battery in a single sunny day? And maybe 105AH?
    The answer can only be provided if one knows how deep both batteries were discharged. This will also depend if there were 2 LS sessions after 16h00 to 09h00. Deep discharge might mean 2x250+Watt panels.

Ordered my inverter yesterday morning, shipped out last night. The supplier in China must be wondering why the increase in sales from SA ... thank you this thread. BUT EISH, got some prices on deep cycle batteries yesterday. The proverbial arm and a leg.

Ordered my inverter yesterday morning, shipped out last night. The supplier in China must be wondering why the increase in sales from SA ... thank you this thread. BUT EISH, got some prices on deep cycle batteries yesterday. The proverbial arm and a leg.

Dont hold your breath. Mine shows shipped on 25th. No tracking available since then. So 10 days and counting.
    2020 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), 2019 FJ Cruiser, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Dont hold your breath. Mine shows shipped on 25th. No tracking available since then. So 10 days and counting.
    Yeah im expecting delays with the virus going on, also you ordered and shipped before their new year, maybe that is also your delay

No UPS functionality to this device ?

ie it can't automatically supply 220v when the mains go down ?

So pure inverter functions, manually switch on and separate battery charger ?

I have a problem with stuff that I want to keep going when I am not at home. I also don't want some stuff to go down until I can get to the inverter.
    Discovery 1 1995 V8i 3.9l (Sold, owned for 20 years); Freelander 2 2013 SD4 SE; Discovery 4 2014 SDV6 SE; Bushlapa Boskriek

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    No UPS functionality to this device ?

ie it can't automatically supply 220v when the mains go down ?

So pure inverter functions, manually switch on and separate battery charger ?

I have a problem with stuff that I want to keep going when I am not at home. I also don't want some stuff to go down until I can get to the inverter.
    I suppose you can keep your 220V appliances permanently running off the inverter / battery? So then there's no drop when the power goes off?

Im guessing here, the smarter people will have to jump in .... can the charger not remain connected and charging at all times?

That is what I plan on doing. I ordered mine yesterday. I will be installing a new DB next to my main DB and move the essential circuits to the new board.

All the light circuits + 3 x ceiling fans and the 2 plug sockets that run the Internet and Alarm System. I'll change these two plugs to red plugs with a different plug so nothing else can accidentally be plugged in. I should be running at around 800 to 900 watts constantly.
    I suppose you can keep your 220V appliances permanently running off the inverter / battery? So then there's no drop when the power goes off?

Im guessing here, the smarter people will have to jump in .... can the charger not remain connected and charging at all times?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Kieck View Post
    That is what I plan on doing. I ordered mine yesterday. I will be installing a new DB next to my main DB and move the essential circuits to the new board.

All the light circuits + 3 x ceiling fans and the 2 plug sockets that run the Internet and Alarm System. I'll change these two plugs to red plugs with a different plug so nothing else can accidentally be plugged in. I should be running at around 800 to 900 watts constantly.
    How will you guys be earthing this system?

That is my next problem that I haven't quite figured out yet. I will be talking to my Electrician to see what the best way is. I will be going through the earth leakage in the Essential DB, but I don't think it is a good idea to connect the earth bar to tge main DB earth bar. Perhaps I'll knock a spike into the ground somwhere close and run a seperate Earth. Will let ypu know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Knipe View Post
    How will you guys be earthing this system?

What is the earth of the inverter anyway? I mean, it's surely bonded to neutral, but what purpose does it serve? Does the "alternate path" actually provide any form of practical safety?

As for using this particular inverter in a car power system, my prediction is to keep the earth well away from the car's chassis (battery negative). Inverters often don't have isolation between DC and AC, meaning the AC swings around the DC ground. The best would be to find out from someone who really knows.

I'd love to install an earth leakage for protection, but I really have no clue how this will serve any purpose (let alone how to do it) in a car if you can't make chassis also AC earth.

This is what bothers me about inverters - they have the same killing potential, but not the same safety. So be careful using them; electrocution is sudden, instantaneous, and without warning - one flash and you're ash. 220V is definitely enough to kill.
    Someone said I should use a first name, so here it is: Marc

What is the earth of the inverter anyway? I mean, it's surely bonded to neutral, but what purpose does it serve? Does the "alternate path" actually provide any form of practical safety?

As for using this particular inverter in a car power system, my prediction is to keep the earth well away from the car's chassis (battery negative). Inverters often don't have isolation between DC and AC, meaning the AC swings around the DC ground. The best would be to find out from someone who really knows.

I'd love to install an earth leakage for protection, but I really have no clue how this will serve any purpose (let alone how to do it) in a car if you can't make chassis also AC earth.

This is what bothers me about inverters - they have the same killing potential, but not the same safety. So be careful using them; electrocution is sudden, instantaneous, and without warning - one flash and you're ash. 220V is definitely enough to kill.
    I'm planning to do a permanent installation at home. So Earth leakage will serve a purpose if I can figure out how to connect it all. I'm scouring the net but get differing opinions.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 31 ... LastLast