Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Page 5

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 ... LastLast

Default Re: Impressed with China Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Dit is nou hullr nuwe jaar. Jy sal dalk eers van die 4de February se kant begin lewe kry daar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcloc View Post
    From what I've read, yes, the virus can spread by being on a surface. I am going to take the necessary precautions when handling my package when it arrives. I'll probably open the box with gloves, sanitize/wash after that, then take the things out the box, wipe down the contents with sanitizer or rubbing alcohol, and then sanitize/wash my hands.

They say it takes 7 - 15 business days. That's 2 - 3 weeks.
    There was a note on the site indicating the period that no shipping will take place. It also stated that the SA leg via Buffalo will not be closed.

Also the delivery dates are worst scenario and without allowing for the virus shipping normally takes less than 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    There was a note on the site indicating the period that no shipping will take place. It also stated that the SA leg via Buffalo will not be closed.

Also the delivery dates are worst scenario and without allowing for the virus shipping normally takes less than 8 days.
    If they don't use Buffalo, count on 2-3 months.

I have probably had about 30 deliveries from Banggood this last year or so. Buffalo, EMS and Expedited are OK, but all others are really pot luck.

AFAIK Buffalo is only if it ships from a Banggood warehouse. If it ships direct from a supplier - BEWARE.

Just this afternoon I picked up two parcels that were paid for in November last year.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Received email from Banggood that due to Chinese Spring Festival shipments may be 2 weeks late. They suggested that I could cancel and request a refund - but I decided to rather wait. Impressed with their feedback. Will notify here should there be any other developments.

Yes and no. If printers are laser then NO!!!.
    As equipment would run from the batteries all the time you would need a big charger to supply the needed load plus still charge which does not make it practical if compared to a UPS. This would also need a biggish battery and may not be practical.
    Thank you - got a decent 2kVa AEC UPS yesterday. But also have 2 6000 W inverters on order from Banggood. Except that the price dropped USD50/unit in the past week. My luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadi View Post
    Except that the price dropped USD50/unit in the past week. My luck !!
    Some sellers are changing prices about every 10 or so days. Worth it to check over a period and grab when it comes down

Some of you guys maybe want to share your inverter setups please. Wanting to get an idea on batteries, enclosures etc. Basically want to run 2x standing fans and a LED light or 2 from these. Just worried about proper enclosure and possibly fumes when charging? Would normal cheap plastic storage box work with battery inside and inverter on top?

Some sellers are changing prices about every 10 or so days. Worth it to check over a period and grab when it comes down
    Sounds like playing the stock markets.
    Someone said I should use a first name, so here it is: Marc

Sounds like playing the stock markets.
    A different way of investing long term. Use opportunities when presented when buying goods or investing.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/02/03 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsapers View Post
    Some of you guys maybe want to share your inverter setups please. Wanting to get an idea on batteries, enclosures etc. Basically want to run 2x standing fans and a LED light or 2 from these. Just worried about proper enclosure and possibly fumes when charging? Would normal cheap plastic storage box work with battery inside and inverter on top?
    I would not use a plastic box. Have seen how even fiberglass breaks when a small 45Ah battery exploded and the whole top of the battery was blown of. Should the box not stand up to the pressure you could have acid all over the place.

I use a stell box on castors. Inverter outside from the bat box.

Using a smart charger you should not smell any fumes as charger should switch of in time or just trickle at low current.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/02/03 at 04:44 PM.

I would not use a plastic box. Have seen how even fiberglass breaks when a small 45Ah battery exploded and the whole top of the battery was blown of. Should the box not stand up to the pressure you could have acid all over the place.

I use a stell box on castors. Inverter outside from the bat box.

Using a smart charger you should not smell any fumes as charger should switch of in time or just trickle at low current.
    That's good advice about the box. Would wood (pine, chipboard, 9mm ply, 18mm ply) withstand that sort of battery explosion?

I have a little power box which will grow. You can put 12V in and get 220V out, or the other way around. I've got 100W of 12V and 150W of 220V (which will become 1500W with this invertet). The plan is to build a battery box, charging off the alternator using a couple of diodes or a charge controller. I guess it will provide 12V from the battery then. The 12V module can become more portable - it's used to run 12V things in my tent.

So something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you have to buy plug adaptors for the output sockets that might be hard to find?

edit: will this work?

https://www.builders.co.za/Electrica...00000000660569
    Last edited by toxicsox; 2020/02/04 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicsox View Post
    Do you have to buy plug adaptors for the output sockets that might be hard to find?

edit: will this work?

https://www.builders.co.za/Electrica...00000000660569
    It looks like it has a universal socket outlet, and I believe a South African mains plug will fit fine. A 2-prong should also fit.

It looks like it has a universal socket outlet, and I believe a South African mains plug will fit fine. A 2-prong should also fit.
    No normal SA plug does not fit but the old SA 3 pin 5A plug fits as well as Euro plug as on power tools but that is only 2 pin without earth. I am using a UK plug with the 13A fuse. It provides the best connection.

Plugs are easy to find my local AC/DC has the US 2 pin ,euro 2 pin as well as the UK 3 pin .All 3 types fit as the inverter has a universal type socket.

Morning all. Do you guys perhaps have a wiring diagram or photos of your installation showing how the battery charger and inverter are connected?

No normal SA plug does not fit but the old SA 3 pin 5A plug fits as well as Euro plug as on power tools but that is only 2 pin without earth. I am using a UK plug with the 13A fuse. It provides the best connection.
    Thanks, that's good to know. It looks like a universal socket compatible with an SA plug, but obviously it's a bit smaller. Euro plugs are common enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Kieck View Post
    Morning all. Do you guys perhaps have a wiring diagram or photos of your installation showing how the battery charger and inverter are connected?
    Is this for a home charger, or a charger/isolator for a car secondary battery?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220charger.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	557067
    or
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12charger.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	557068

Trying to follow here, but my brain is smoking like an overworked inverter.

If I get the 12V/3000W ... and use a 105mah, how look should it run my router, and a couple of lights, maybe the TV? I know it depends on watts etc, but ball park?

Can I run a laser printer from it? Or would I need the 5000W?

You can also get a UK to SA travel adapter from DISCHEM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 ... LastLast