VW Amarok mechanic Pretoria

Default VW Amarok mechanic Pretoria

Are there any good VW Amrok mechanic's in the Pretoria area you can recommend?

I do not trust the "stealers" (They indicated air filter replaced on 90K service and it was never done... no more)

Need the following replaced;

Diesel filter
    Serpentine belt replacement

Default Re: VW Amarok mechanic Pretoria

Don't know of anyone in Pretoria but I will recommend Stephan in Puttfontein/Benoni area.

+27615076017

I could do the above for you at home in two minutes. It is a very straight forward job, but I am a long way from a professional mechanic. Johnboy on the forum assisted me with a trick in replacing not just the belt, but the pulley as well. This is normally quite a big job according to the VW manual, however he showed me a short cut that had the whole job done in 10mins and he literally did it in his work clothes.

What you are talking about is pretty standard maintenance that I would let any trusted mechanic do. If you need to look at more serious maintenance then look up mr Von Tonder on this forum, but he is down in Benoni somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Puni View Post
    Don't know of anyone in Pretoria but I will recommend Stephan in Puttfontein/Benoni area.

+27615076017
    +1

Or do it yourself, it doesn't sound like it would be super challenging to do (don't know the Amarok specifically, but have changed a number of fuel filters and belts in my time) and it is a good way to start learning a thing or two about your own vehicle.

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Vir iets so klein kan jy in Pta vra vir Andrew 082 788 9186
    2018 VW Amarok V6 TDi
    2017 Toyota Prado 3.0 D4D VX

Quote Originally Posted by Puni View Post

+27615076017
    Thanks, I know Stephan is the Boss, just I'm located in Northern Pretoria area, need to service the Rok once I return from Puttfontein

Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    I could do the above for you at home in two minutes. It is a very straight forward job, but I am a long way from a professional mechanic. Johnboy on the forum assisted me with a trick in replacing not just the belt, but the pulley as well. This is normally quite a big job according to the VW manual, however he showed me a short cut that had the whole job done in 10mins and he literally did it in his work clothes.

What you are talking about is pretty standard maintenance that I would let any trusted mechanic do. If you need to look at more serious maintenance then look up mr Von Tonder on this forum, but he is down in Benoni somewhere.

Thanks, lets see what my month turns out to be.

Is it recommended to replace the tensioner pully of the serpentine belt too?

Ek het my Timing belt laat doen by Corrie in Centurion, hy was al die jare by VW & Audi - 076-263-1715

WWW.AMADAXTREME.CO.ZA
    203 Edison Crescent, Weca 4x4, Hennopspark, Centurion, GPS: 25°52’19.0”S 28°09’59.3”
    Cobus Böhmer CEL: 071 641 7947 Email: cobus@amadaxtreme.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by HKing View Post
    Thanks, lets see what my month turns out to be.

Is it recommended to replace the tensioner pully of the serpentine belt too?
    Mine was squeaking and was driving me dilly - well more dilly than normal - so I needed to do it. You can decide if you think it is necessary.

Ek ken iemand hy werk al jare aan my Volkswagens!

Inbox my as jy belangstel